z

Young Writers Society


12+

Joker Missed - Hunting - Chapter 4

by Archangel


Last time-

(Y/N) POV

"Do it." I only say, and Val pushes the button.

-BOOM-

We drive off and don't look back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joker POV

'(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N). She's such a beauty.' My boys could only find her name, picture, and an address before everything on her was deleted. Now she "doesn't exist." I speed my way through the streets of Gotham to her home, hoping to take her to my hidden mansion. I whip my car onto her road and park in front of a dreary apartment complex. I'm about to get out when,

-BOOM-

One of the upper-level rooms blow-up and civilians are running out. I tell Thane, my right-hand goon, to find out which room blew up.

"Sir? You're not gonna like this. The room was the girl's." I growl.

"When she doesn't want to be found, she goes all out. Got to give her that." I look around and see a camera. I smile.

"Get the footage from the cameras on this block. I want her found." Thane gives the orders to the boys, and we leave with the necessary footage before Batshit, and the police arrive.



- Time skip - (Because I'm lazy as shit)

In the comfort of my hidden mansion, I have the boys go through the footage and figure out what happened to this girl who had somehow caught my eye. Turns out that she arrived at the apartment complex shortly after Thane returned to me for his next assignment. She must've called someone because a beefy dude came along a helped her with some boxes then, left with her in shotgun. Thane, being through found out that whoever this guy was, was the one who set off the bomb as well as figured out which way they went. He handed me one piece of paper after his quick report. A plate number.

"Ha Ha Haaaa!"

'You're mine, Doll Face.'


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
324 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 324

Donate
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am
Evander wrote a review...



Heyo, Archangel! I'm back for another review!

'(Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N). She's such a beauty.' 

I know that saying "Y/N" allows for the readers to insert themselves into the story, but this is where it gets incredibly clunky. It's really hard to initially insert a name into the story, so all the reader really sees is a mess of slashes and letters. There's a lot of wish fulfillment fanfiction out there that use OCs (original characters) and become incredibly successful. The Y/N can be beneficial sometimes, but it might be easier to give the main character a name. She already has a job that the average person wouldn't be able to relate to (not a lot of people work for an Ominous Company and have access to bombs), so giving her a name could actually help. Since she's the main character, I'm going to refer to her as Macy Carter (MC) from here on out. ;)

 My boys could only find her name, picture, and an address before everything on her was deleted. 

That's quite a bit of information about a person. Also, it's really hard to scrub information off of the internet. Like, ridiculously hard. There are sites that will literally catalogue people's names and addresses and you can pay a small monthly fee to look. It can take a lot of work to scrub everything about yourself off the internet, and it's not even guaranteed to work.

"When she doesn't want to be found, she goes all out. Got to give her that." I look around and see a camera. I smile.

How does he know that she didn't die in the blast?

I look around and see a camera. I smile.

Where did he find the camera? What was it on? Was it a public camera or a private camera? How does Joker have access to a lot of private information? Like, what type of crime syndicate does he run in this canon? Honestly, like, stuff like that is really interesting to worldbuild and can make the entire story seem richer.

before Batshit, and the police arrive.

The comma is unnecessary and incorrect. Batman and the police arrived together, so the comma just breaks up an independent clause.

How do Batman and the police not just automatically blame Joker for the bomb going off? Especially since he bombed the bank earlier in the story.

Although, I do have to say this, I'm always a sucker for interaction between the Joker and Batman. Their banter can be incredibly fun to write out and to read.

- Time skip - (Because I'm lazy as shit)

Time skips don't always mean that the author is lazy! Sometimes the scene naturally concludes and the author just needs a way to get to another scene. You don't need to always write every transition, because forcing something to be written can often come out as clunky. Honestly, I personally use the dash symbol and then just move onto the next scene. The readers will know what it means without me having to spell it out.

The plot is really gearing up! I'm still confused as to why the Joker is spending all of this time and all of these resources on Macy? He liked her laugh, so what? I'm not entirely sure if I'm missing a stronger connection or if he's doing all of this on a whim.

I do hope that you'll keep on writing! If you have any questions or comments, then feel free to let me know!

-E




User avatar
351 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 351

Donate
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:08 pm
Kanome wrote a review...



Hey. I am here for another review as promised. Let's get started, shall we?

Characters:
From my understanding, her name is (Y/N)(L/N)? Mind explaining why that means?
The Joker's personality is on point. He really is going out of his way to claim what he wants. I like it.

Plot So Far:
Okay, the plot so far is okay, since this is still only the beginning of the novel. I don't really have much to say about this chapter because it's so short. Maybe consider making your chapters a bit longer next time?

It's overall not a bad novel, but it still needs a little more work. I understand that you probably don't feel like adding details in some parts of the story, but remember, if you're going to publicize your work, you gotta give something for your readers to look forward to.
Keep up the great work and keep writing!

- Kanome




Archangel says...


(Your name) (Last name)




Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs