"Here come the Stars"

by AndrewRayne

I sang to you my soul of soaring fire.

Lyrics to etch the brightness of your smile.

Holding simple secrets through years,

of keeping keys to memories we made.

I would have been the sky if you were the stars.

Rearrange the constellations so their reflection,

gleamed with every light I see in your eyes.

I am brighter when I am with you.

I sang songs with lyrics that swelled with your heart,

when you crossed my mind.

So I never slept,

and every night was filled with laughter.

I still don't sleep.

I had picked up the pieces,

not all of them found.

There was an emptiness where you once were.

Gave you a strong smile as I forgot the chords to my next verse.

Sang the chorus softly this time.

Let the echoes die out across sun bleached tides.

I used to love the sunset.

It's a sad scarlet now,

and I am still just as bright when I'm with you.

When I stand beneath the horizon,

you don't see what I see.

You imagine dusty words on tattered books,

torn pages,

and unmarked spines supporting mocking stories.

I would make your insecurities starve.

Soothe love back into your skin,

and make your lungs breath with hope.

You would whisper,

"Slowly."

As if love had a limit.

Ran on a time schedule,

like the hollow trilogies hidden beneath the arches of your soul.

I could always hear it in your smile,

the shudders of your past that slept just beneath the canvas of your heart.

I am completely and terribly sorry.

For every time you were not loved.

Every moment you bleed against the parchment

and wither into more pieces.

For every blossoming, 

cloudless evening,

and the stars were missing.

And even now,

I am sorry if you feel alone at night.

I wish I was there to fall in love with the color of your eyes again.

To get drunk off the rise and fall of our heartbeats, 

until I was yours.

I would fall asleep against the wall of your soul,

and find warmth in the embrace of your heart.

We would love the sunset.

You gripped my hand as it vanished beneath the horizon.

I could hear the pain in the pattern of your breath.

I turned and saw fear slide down your cheek

and splash between us like a warning.

"Here comes the moon." 

It was the second time you had answered my silence.

This time I would -

I will - answer back,

"Here come the stars."

And I would be brighter with you,

always.

wannabeawwriter wrote a review...

F****** wow. wow, this poem is probably the best thing I have actually read on this site so far and the best thing I have actually read in a long time, you write with your soul and there is something so honest and beautiful about every word of your poetry , I couldn't have loved this poem any more if I tried ,honestly.

This poem gives me a real insight in to you and when you write it makes me feel something, unlike a lot of the amateur poets on this site you actually put so much effort in to making your work original and perfect.

this poem tells such an incredible story and yet doesn't give every thing away the reader can relate and leave certain things to the imagination,

the phrases and sayings you produce are truly beautiful they feel straight out of a john green book, cheesy but in the most wonderful first adolecent romance way,
''slowly''
''as if love had limits''

your writing is original, and I usually end a review with saying you have potential but you have more than that, writing is part of you, never give it up , it's made for you.

.
Censored by staff

AndrewRayne says...

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Deleted4 says...

AndrewRayne, this is such a beautiful poem. My hope for the human race's ability to love and to express that love is restored in this piece alone! I found myself completely lost when reading this, and I think only really powerful writing can do that, can create an intimately personal bubble around the reader, shutting off the world with an ocean of poetic brilliance!

"You would whisper,

"Slowly."

As if love had a limit."

I envy a mind that can create such poetic presence, and a piece of such length aswell.
I implore you, Please Keep Writing! I want nothing more than to escape the world in more of your work, I only hope one day I can catch even the faintest glimpse of talent like yours in my writing. Thank you for "Here come the Stars"!

Deleted4 wrote a review...

"You would whisper,

"Slowly."

As if love had a limit."

AndrewRayne says...

Haha, you are indeed welcome. And I'm glad you were able to find a haven in my work. I'll do my best to continue to uphold your high remarks. :)

AndrewRayne says...

Divya says...

Wow! It's a really romantic poem. I can see you put a lot of efforts into it as it's very long. Some of the line were really good, like for example, "I would fall asleep against the wall of your soul,/and find warmth in the embrace of your heart." Hard to hear such words from guys nowadays.

AndrewRayne says...

Thank you kindly. :)
I'm glad you enjoyed it haha

Eros wrote a review...

Hi andrew ryne!

I am really amazed after I read your poem.It requires a lot of patience to compose such a long poem.It is a skill to compose a long poem.It requires great vocabulary and fluent thinking.You have both of them.The poem is written wonderfully and beautifully.It has got real and romantic touch.Everything is expressed in such lovely manner.

Your style of writing poetry is really very different.It is unique with a unique theme.I loved the plot and theme of the poem"Here Come The Star"

The poem was very expressive and very creative.

Continue writing,
We want more poems from you!

:~ Eros

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr