Do you know that feeling?

by racket

Do you know that feeling? That feeling that makes you ache? The feeling you’ve met the love of your life, and they’re so distant it seems impossible to reach them? Do you ever get that feeling, that lonesome feeling in your heart, that longing for something, that tears you apart? I probably am just like every girl in the world, waiting for her knight in shining armor to sweep her off her feet in the rain. To live happily ever after. I know I’m not perfect, not even near that wondrous word, but my knight in shining armor can see through the flaws, can’t he? After all he’s perfect, while I’m insignificant and small. Weak and worthless. I may be surrounded by friends, but I want something more. That selfish desire thats spreads through to my soul. I’ve got friends aplenty, friends with those I want. But they are distant friends, and this makes me distraught. Could my life be destined to live this way? To watch him forever, just a little a way? To be friends and know he likes me, but my knight in shining armor apparently doesn’t see.

Do you know that feeling? The feeling of being pulled apart? For love of some far off beauty? She’s carefree and happy, she blows me away, so I try and impress her, every single day. She doesn’t seem to notice, that beauty afar. So I cherish every moment spent together, even if they are just sentences like “Hello”. Sometimes she looks at me, a distant feeling in her eyes, and I wonder what she’s feeling. I want to approach but I belittle myself, afraid of what she’ll say and think. For she seems to love another, they spend so much time together. They sit and laugh and talk as if the best of friends. Or more. I know the look he gives her,but I can’t read the look in her eyes. That far off, distant beauty, whose soul never lies.

Do you know that feeling? Of one so very close by? Whom you are so fond of, to whom no one can lie. She brings that feeling to me, that feeling of overwhelming joy. My best friend so very close by. The intruder to our relationship, that one afar. He’s the wall, the wedge between us. I see him catch her eye and bring rosy blushes to her imperfect complexion. Though she may not be perfect, I see the good inside. I want the beauty of her soul to rest in my hands, to be completely mine. But she does not see me as that. She sees me as a brother, her best friend. Though she’s with me all the time, she does not read the signs for that one afar distracts her. Or maybe she does read them and ignores them, for him.

We understand that feeling, that feeling of despair. The feeling that no one will understand our messages in the air, sent clearly to the recipient, though they act as not to understand. We know this feeling, that if one could have their way, life would be perfect. But life is not fair, so we must endure until the day our fate becomes clear, so far off is that. But never fear, for that person, that special person is there, our glimmer of hope to cling to ‘till our time is near.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:59 am
santana wrote a review...

Yes, I know that feeling all too well.

There was nothing wrong with your work. There weren't any mistakes, and if there were any, I better get some glasses asap. Heck, I'm not even sure if this should be considered a review. But I must say, this sounded a bit like a romantic poem. Not many can create something as awesome as this.

Keep up the great work.

racket says...

Thank you! Love your avatar, by the way. ^.^

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:41 am
Sonder says...

Ohhh racket. Grown up so fast! *sniffs*

racket says...

I know! *sniff* I'm not that sad about it though. XD

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 pm
beeyaay wrote a review...

Hello, bee here to review!
Yeah, i know that feeling, i know everybody else does, that's what makes this story great. i can't believe none of them are accepting their fates, or understanding it rather.
Punctuation; it felt necessary to use the commas that you did and i don't think the flow has been disrupted in anyway.
I like that you were able to capture emotions in the few paragraphs you have here. all in all, it's a very beautiful piece.
Good work!

racket says...

Thank you! I'm so glad you people like my story. That feeling was ss strong yesterday, I just had to write! Thank you so much for reviewing!

beeyaay says...

Your welcome, it was beautiful!

racket says...

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:44 am
TimmyJake wrote a review...

Timmyjake here to give you a review as best I can...
This is difficult to give a review on. It seems like it was written from the heart. Wonderfully descriptive, like Bugslake says, and I for one can relate to this.
For the punctuation side of this, which is hard to critique, I see an overabundance of commas in one part. I don't really know how to fix it, but it just doesn't sound right. Maybe you know what to do.

Do you ever get that feeling, that lonesome feeling in your heart, that longing for something, that tears you apart?

That's about it for punctuation, I think. And this sentence may be correct, but I didn't think it flowed as well as the rest. ;)
Now you are very good at describing what is going on in your head. Is this is something that is happening to you? This happens to just about everybody sometime or another, I think. That is why it is so easy to relate to.

One thing I don't get is one paragraph you are talking like you are a girl longing for the guy to notice her, and then it seems to flip around with the guy thinking the same thing? Intentional?
Awesome short story. Very dramatic and descriptive. Write more soon! :P
~Timmyjake

racket says...

Thank you! Yes, it was kind of written from the heart and yes, this is kind of going on in my life. ;) I will try and fix that one sentence as you suggested. Now that I look at it, it does have a lot of commas. :D
It was intentional with the paragraph-flippy-thing. I'm one of the people speaking, though I think this is a little deep for what I was thinking, but I had to get it out of my system, you know? Thanks for reviewing!

timmyjake says...

No problem!

Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 am
Bugslake wrote a review...

You have wonderfully described how I have felt at times. Many readers can relate to this piece of literature. You have described how hard it is to have a crush in such a perfect way that it makes me feel the same way I did when I did have a crush.

I didn't find any grammatical errors or any spelling errors. This was perfect and I absolutely loved it. Very detailed and could completely relate to the character.

racket says...

Thank you so much! I don't believe I have ever got such a marvelous complement!

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak