Was It A Lie?

by alilovessandy

i said that i couldnt,

that i need to be alone.

but maybe it was a lie,

to see how much you loved me,

to see how much you cared.

why does my heart still hurt?

and i ask you why,

why did you never fight?

i guess you never cared.

rbt00 wrote a review...

Hey! A short and a sweet poem I must say. A great write. Although there were some mistakes. At the starting of your poem you did not capital your 'i' It should always be written "I" and not 'i'. Be it anywhere. I like the line "why does my heart still hurt?". The last two lines seemed mixed up . I feel the last line should be the second last line and the second last line should be the last line with a bit of modification. Like this
'I guess you never cared,
Then why did you never fight?'

NicoleBri wrote a review...

Hello, here to do a review :) I want my second star, lol. Anyways, wow this is so sad... you can definitely relate to it if you ever been through this situation. So heartbreaking. I love that you know how to spell and use punctuation, lol. :D Altogether this poem is a 10/10 and nothing less!

Have a blessed day/night and keep up the writing lovely!

thankyou. i wrote it about something that happened to me so im really glad you found it relatable

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am
lyricalrebel wrote a review...

Well, heartbreaking pieces are what catch my attention after all. That is why, I, lyricalrebel is here to review your work.
One word. Reality. It clearly shows the affection of one that is impossible to be returned. I like your poem. You have conveyed the emotions clearly and flow of the poem is good. There is not also a grammatical error and you have used punctuation marks correctly.
I enjoyed reading and I hoped it was longer.
Keep it up! :)

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 am
anshira wrote a review...

Hi, hope you find my review helpful. I love this poem and the depth of this poem is lovely. The other things you have written are amazing as well. One suggestion I' d like to make is that you should captalize the letters that need to be captalized. Your starting and ending of the poem is great as well. The questions of curiosity are a great touch. I would love to read more from you and would like to thank you for a good read.
- Anshira

thankyou so much for the review

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.