z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Return Of The Unwanted Dead. Chapter 1 & 2

by rbt00


Chapter 1

Bad Things In The First Place

‘Ouch’ said Emma as Stacie pushed her hard on the ground.

“Mind your own business,” muttered Emma as she watched Stacie flip her hair in the air and walk away.

One attitude person’ … words twisting in Emma’s mind as she got up and dusted her dress. She watched the curly hair and skinny legs bitch disappear into thin air.

‘Don’t worry’ a voice just lurked from behind which gave a startling shock to Emma as she froze in fright.

‘Hey its me’ said Eliza Kate as she flipped her long, straight brown hair back.

Oh my Gosh you just startled me. You know right I am not a brave person like you’ Emma said slowly. She stammered as she spoke.

‘Its owwkayy’ Eliza consoled. ‘Just tell me what happened?

’ Emma continued ‘That Stacie, She’s always behind my back’, tears rolling down Emma’s eyes as she sat down leaning back to a tree trunk which was almost red in colour.’ I don’t know what’s wrong with her, never did anything wr---wrroon---wrooonggg to h-er—er stammered Emma.

Her best friend got furious. Eliza was one brave and candid person. You could almost see that on her face. Today she had seen Stacie cross her limits, So she decided to handle the matter herself. A twinkle in her eye showed that she was up to no good.

I wonder what she does when she goes off alone’ thought Eliza spitefully. ‘Maybe I could follow her and find out’. She slowly said

‘Emma the hot sun will dazzle your eyes by the end of the evening, we need going’ Eliza said.

Emma still upset got up slowly. Both went back quietly to their respective classes. You could almost see Emma’s hair shine in the sunlight and that it made her eyes look browner. She was very pretty and had no spots. She was just about the height of their good friend Cedrick.

The sun rays could almost blind one’s eyes. A cold milkshake would solve the trick.

’Good afternoon’ the class wished in one voice as they watched their new teacher who wore moon-rimmed spectacles walk in. His brow twisted. He wore a bottom which was blue in co our. One could make it out by his face that this year was not going to be a good one.

‘Turn to page 36’ barked Mr Stein.’

'This is going to be the worst class ever’ murmured Fendi to Emma who was just seated to the right of her.

Cedrick yawned as he watched the hands of the tick-tocking to their slowest capability ever.

‘Hey pass this note to Emma’ whispered Stacie keeping her voice to the lowest as possible to Frank.

The note went from the one table to another and finally when it was about to reach Emma, a voice startled all of them ’What The Hell Is Going On???’.

They were all so lost in their little imaginary world that all of them froze like ice cubes all packed up. It was none other than their maths teacher Mr. Stein who was now frowning and his face started turning red as if a tea pot had almost reached its maximum melting point.

He walked to the table where Daniel was sitting and snatched the note, gave a bloodshed look, opened it in which a small message was written.

‘My blood is fading and if you don’t want to be my next victim you need to collect the drops of the Vascara’s tears. It’s now or never’
STACIE

‘What rubbish is this Stacie? Detention for you OUT OF THE CLASS RIGHT NOW’

She turned red as she walked out of the class room. All the girls and boys were giggling to themselves trying not to catch the attention of the teacher. ‘Now class’ and before he could continue, the bell rung.

Chapter 2.

It Is Getting Crazier.

The whole class ran out for it was library period. The library was just a few foot steps away from their maths class. The teacher unlocked the door and opened the library for them.Red and black painted walls with about thirty painted shelves; all neatly arranged books…maybe about a million books and of course the horror books shelve was half empty as usual.

‘A small banner written in bold letters said ‘Silence’ which was hanging in the middle of the library room. There was complete silence. It felt as if everything was sleeping without snoring but curiosity about the Vascara and why Stacie had written up such a thing was still swirling in Emma’s mind.

She was timid. One could see her face all wrinkle up as her eyes flashed towards a cupboard which was marked ‘The Unseen’. She walked fast towards the cupboard and immediately started searching for a book which would solve the mystery behind Stacie’s note.

After ten minutes of searching she found an old and dusty book labelled ‘ Reason of the faded blood’. Her face lit up and quickly she started going through the pages of the book until finally she came across Page 59 which said –

The only thing that keeps the dead awake….

And the rest of the page was torn.

‘Shit’ the words just dropped out of her mouth.

Eliza just came about and asked what she was up to. Emma showed her what she found and related it with Stacie’s note.

‘Oh come on this is all rubbish, I said you right I’ll take care of her’

‘No you don’t understand! This is a serious problem’ blurted out Emma. A person who always used to be so quiet and all by herself was now burning with curiosity.

‘Okay Okay but right now our exams are approaching.. we need to focus more on that okay?’ Eliza was a lot into studies. She always topped the exams but Emma was totally the opposite of that. She was more into sports and reading story books.

Library period got over soon and it was Science period. The subject which she hated the most. ‘I’m bunking this period Eliza.. I’ve some serious business to do’

‘No you cannot you will miss the explanation’ said Eliza. ‘Oh common as if I even pay attention in the period’ said she. ‘Fine, do whatever you want I am off’

They waved and went in different directions.

The sun was bright to such an extent that it could blind one’s eye and was now beaming through the passage which was open on the both the sides.

Thud! Emma's head collided with the wall.

The sun rays had just dazzled her eyes.

’Where am I?’ she said slowly as her left eye just opened, still feeling dizzy she quickly gathered her bones and got up.

The entire room was spinning as if she was put up in a mixer to be mixed into small pieces.

‘We just found you fainted in the passage so we brought you here’ said Drake the head boy of the school.

‘You must be careful’ spoke a soft voice Carlos the assistant head boy said sweetly.

‘Uh umm thanks… I need going’ said Emma as she quickly gathered up all her courage.

‘Take Care’ Drake added.

It was lunch time.Emma quickly made her way to the mess and all the students were chattering in there.

‘Menu For The Day’
1. Chicken Fried Rice
2. Chinese Spaghetti
3. Bloody Human

‘Uh What? Are my eyes playing a trick? “Bloody Human”?

’ She rubbed her eyes again and this time it looked more of like blood dripping from the letters.

My Gosh is this seriously happening?’ words were still twirling and swirling in her mind. She just took a Vanilla Milkshake, went and sat beside Eliza.

There were five people seated. Cedrick, Fendi, Drake, Carlos and of course Eliza. The six of them were really good friends.

Drops of sweat were dripping from Emma’s forehead.

‘You alright?’ questioned Cedrick.

‘Me…Yeah me? Yeah Yeah I’m perfectly fine’ Eliza said without even pausing for a moment.

‘Wowie Okay’ said Cedrick suspecting her as he raised his left eyebrow.

’So, how about we all have a walk in the woods after classes?’ questioned Drake to all of them.

‘Walk in the woods? Yeah that sounds fun’ Fendi said.

‘Will you be comfortable with that Emma?’ Eliza questioned doubtfully. ’Yeah, I just hope we do not get any closer to the graveyard.

After lunch break it was a free period so Emma decided to go back to the dormitory and think all over it.

The door was creaky. She opened it and went inside. Her bed was placed beside a window. She went and lay on her bed. Her face facing the ceiling.

The words ‘My Next Victim’ and ‘Now Or Never’ were still circling around her head. An image of a dead person just flashed before her eyes. ’Aah’ she suddenly got up straight. This time more panicked and frightened than ever. ‘Why.. Me?? Why does it always have to be me?’ she thought. ‘No Emma you got to overcome your timid nature and start acting like a grown up’. Thinking still increasing.

Suddenly, she remembered what she had found in the library and where she set off and later found herself on the beds of the first aid room.

She got up and decided to find out what a Vascara actually was but suddenly another thought just swept in her mind.

‘What if Stacie was just joking? No wait but what I found in the library…but maybe that could have been just a story book’.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
508 Reviews


Points: 11370
Reviews: 508

Donate
Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:05 am
View Likes
dragonfphoenix wrote a review...



All right, I'm back for a review of the update.
This sentence struck me as an awkward read. "His brow twisted and a bottom which was blue in colour and just above the ankles." It's a fine sentence up until that "and"; then it falls apart. Could you clarify this a little more?
‘Oh common this is all rubbish, I said you right I’ll take care of her’ In that sentence, "common" should be "come on".
"She got up and decided to find out what actually a Vascara was but suddenly another thought just swept in her mind." For smoother reading change "what actually a Vascara was" to "what a Vascara actually was." Much smoother.
Much better on your descriptions, although be careful you don't overuse your similes and metaphors. It takes more than just comparing something or someone to something else to have good description.




rbt00 says...


Thanks



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 366
Reviews: 10

Donate
Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:34 am
View Likes
naominana wrote a review...



From reading this, I thought that this was a rough draft. Your sentences don't flow, they are rather jagged and broken when you think about it. I think you should work more on your dialogue, sometimes it is hard to understand what you are trying to say.
Also, in some parts of the chapter, things happen for seemingly no reason. I don't understand the characters and it makes it hard to relate properly.
I think that the story overall is good, I understand your intentions for this story, and I suggest giving the character(s) a clearer personality (unless they are supposed to be muddled).
I enjoyed this chapter but it could use some work.




rbt00 says...


Okay Thnkx :)



User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 110

Donate
Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:18 pm
View Likes
ImHero wrote a review...



“Mind your own business,” muttered Emmaas (as) she watched Stacie flip her hair in the air and walk away.

^Emmaas? This should be Emma and you need as in here to be grammatically correct.
or you can say
“Mind your own business,” muttered Emma. She watched Stacie flip her hair in the air and walk away.

‘One attitude person’ … words twisting in Emma’s mind as she got up and dusted her dress. She watched the curly hair and skinny legs bitch disappear into thin air.


Okay so these one-liners through your whole story doesn’t flow one bit and seems unprofessional (I don’t know if you’re going for that but I’d thought I’d say it.) Also, I think your audience is young adult with these types of books, your writing is so simplistic that it reminds me of Michigan Chillers, and if it is and you try to get this published, I think it would be bad that you say “bitch;” because parents don’t want their kids hearing words like that.

‘Oh my Gosh you just startled me. You know right I am not a brave person like you’ Emma said slowly. She stammered as she spoke.

This is terrible. Not trying to be mean but just think about it; you are forcing the character development down our throats.

’ Emma continued ‘That Stacie, She’s always behind my back’, tears rolling down Emma’s eyes as she sat down leaning back to a tree trunk which was almost red in colour.’ I don’t know what’s wrong with her, never did anything wr---wrroon---wrooonggg to h-er—er stammered Emma.

I have to read this several times just to get what you are saying.

Her best friend got furious. Eliza was one brave and candid person. You could almost see that on her face. Today she had seen Stacie cross her limits, So she decided to handle the matter herself. A twinkle in her eye showed that she was up to no good.

A twinkle in her eye? That’s lame.. By the way you needed this narrator at the start to tell us the scene, I got blanks in my head can’t picture a word you say..

The sun rays could almost blind one’s eyes. A cold milkshake would solve the trick.

How will a cold Milkshake solve the bright sun..?

’Good afternoon’ the class wished in one voice as they watched their new teacher who wore moon-rimmed spectacles walk in. His brow twisted and a bottom which was blue in colour and just above the ankles. One could make it out by his face that this year was not going to be a good one.

Oh so is this story about teleporting? You just left the whole scene where that girl was going to follow the other girl, an never came back to it? The people just vanished in ambiguity and now there’s a classroom? Not to mention this is not realistic.. at all. The whole class wished good morning as a new teacher walks in the room? Have you ever seen that?

’What The Hell Is Going On???’.

Clarity is king, always. It is supposed to be “what the hell is going on?” You don’t need three question marks and a period. You only need the first question mark and it always goes inside, no need for more punctuation. Another thing the ‘ only gets used in special cases and trust me, you needn’t to worry about it just use quotes.

tea pot had almost reached its maximum melting point.

Show don’t tell. How would someone be able to tell that the teapot is about to reach its melting pot.. I get the literary technique but seriously give us imagery, let us see!

‘What rubbish is this Stacie? Detention for you OUT OF THE CLASS RIGHT NOW’

What just happened here?

. All the girls and boys giggling to themselves so as not to catch the attention of their teacher.

All the girls and boys were giggling to themselves trying not to catch the attention of the teacher.


So I am just confused about why the first scene was even necessary and you jumped to new scenes in the middle, and left it like that. Like we were supposed to be okay with not even knowing what’s going on. There is very little imagery, and it is very very hard to even picture it. Also stop using the ‘ use “.

Now, this story is pretty good. I can see it becoming something.. one day but it needs heavy heavy editing, if it where me I would just re-write it.

*if I seem rude then sorry*

hero




rbt00 says...


Nooo Its okay. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes. i will take care of it.



User avatar
347 Reviews


Points: 25558
Reviews: 347

Donate
Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams wrote a review...



Ok – So I'm finally here! Been totally busy with my first week back at work. ARGH! Exhausted.

I will review as I read so that you can see what on earth I am talking about – It tends to get all muddly otherwise!

Here goes!

I love that you've started with speech! It's a confident thing to do and it's already reassured me that you're sure about your writing style.

You need punctuation after your speech but before the speech mark. E.g
“Mind your own business” muttered Emma. - Wrong.
“Mind your own business,” muttered Emma – Correct.

Also, the marks '___' aren't speech marks. They have to be “____”

“A twinkle in her eye showed that she was up to no good.” - I love this line. It gives a clever insight into your character.

You've got a really great imagination! It's clear to see that writing is something you love to do. The only advice I have to give you is to carefully go through your writing before posting it on here. I know it's like crazy trying to spot every single mistake but they can distract the reader & make them sometimes lose interest.
I would also add some more life into your descriptions! I know that you can see everything in your minds eye exactly how you want it – but we want to come into that world too! Let us know what it looks like to by putting your imagination to paper.

Good luck! Keep writing!

Olive <3




rbt00 says...


Thanks. The thing I did not use quotation marks is that I have noticed in many of the story books (I mean the real published one. Example:- Harry Potter Series) Quotation marks are not used. Sometimes the writer feels too lazy to put quotation marks in my sense I feel. So i did not use.
Thnkx anyways.



User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 3690
Reviews: 122

Donate
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 pm
View Likes
umaima wrote a review...



Hey,

So here I am finally to review this piece.

Starting from the plot, I do really like you idea. It's innovative and a great way to enter the writers world. The names were interesting and different because basically 'Miranda' isn't quite a common name. Your story seemed like you have already thought about everything and looked like you were typing your imagination down which is a nice way to write books.

Well, there were negatives too though. The first one was, you posted all the 3 chapters in one, usually we go with one chapter in one post because it definitely seems rushed if you post a lot together and also some people don't have enough time to finish reading the whole thing so they go one chapter after the other.

Second, please remove the bold font. It's good when used rarely or where it is necessary, here we can just go with the normal font because it's makes the readers eyes pain. :D

Then comes the writing style. I know, as a new writer everyone is very excited and just want to finish up as soon as possible but that's not what you should do. One chapter should be at least of 8-9 when written in microsoft word. Sometimes even more. Because basically short chapters show two things: No proper descriptiveness on things and newbie. I used to have the same problem so don't worry. Just give one chapter appropriate time and you will get over this :D.

Now comes the descriptions. You need to, like really need to describe everything very clearly. It's really really important. When a person reads a books, or a chapter he or she loves to imagine the whole thing out. To imagine that person would prefer details, like how the place looks, and how the characters look and everything.

Even personalities are very important when it comes to the characters. You need to set particular personalities for all your characters. Because when we read the story we would like to know the characters and think from their point of view. And sometimes people end up having so called 'crushes' on the characters even when they are fictional just because of the whole personality thing. Another way to grab more readers.

The no. of characters should be less in your story. Or if they are more (which is also okay) then you should write more about the main characters or else the readers get confused. And confusion leads to a mess. Trust me, it does.

Punctuations and grammar, another important thing. It's quite easy to remove this you know. Just type this in MS word first and read it twice or thrice before posting, that will do the trick.

Well, here's all I had to say. My hands ache now. You know, the story is really nice but there were a few flaws. And there always are, for everyone so don't feel discouraged and try to work with your mistakes.

Umaima




rbt00 says...


I typed in Ms word only and then copied and pasted it here.
Thanks. I feel lazy to change and add more stuff to my story cause I have more ideas for another story now. So I am trying to type my whole story post all the chapters one by one and finish it off. I posted 3 chapters together cause i felt lazy to make points and post one by one. :D



rbt00 says...


Review the other chapters too. :)



umaima says...


Writers shouldn't be lazy, you can always write down the idea somewhere and finish this story slowly or else leave it apart and start writing the other one, because if not then the idea of the story won't be valued much, because readers also need a good writing style to get interested in a book, hope I helped.



rbt00 says...


Okay. :)



User avatar
212 Reviews


Points: 13620
Reviews: 212

Donate
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:07 pm
View Likes
birk wrote a review...



Hey Raabia!

I'm always up for some horror, but sadly, I rarely see any one YWS. So this is good!

However, oh man, this was hard to read through. Your formatting is straining on the readers eyes, there is a whole bunch of grammatical errors littered throughout the piece, most of the time it is really hard to figure out who is talking and the entire story itself is very rushed.

When I say your story is rushed, I really mean it. It moves so fast, and even though your story isn't that long...you already have 3 chapters. The letter format is also large, which would make your story look even shorter if it wasn't so large. Which it shouldn't be.

There is so much I could go over in the story, so I'll just start and attempt to cover as much as possible. I might skip over recurring problems, but one example should clue you in.

edit

‘Ouch’ said Emma as Stacie just pushed her hard on the ground. ”Mind your own business” muttered Emma as she watched Stacie flip her hair in the air and walk away.

Okay, right off the bat you have problems. Only a few times do you use quotation marks correctly. The rest of the time you use apostrophes instead.

We are dropped pretty quickly into this story as well. You should explain some more.

‘One attitude bitch’

For your characters thoughts, use italics. This separates them from dialogue. In addition, I'm not sure what you mean by this.

edit
She watched the curly haired and skinny legged bitch disappear into thin air.


as she flipped her long, straight brown hair back.

Are they all models? They keep flipping their hair back and forth.

She stammered as she spoke.

Okay, lets keep this in mind as we continue into the next paragraph:
‘Its owwkayy’ Eliza consoled. ‘Just tell me what happened?’ Emma continued ‘That Stacie, She’s always behind my back’, tears rolling down Emma’s eyes as she sat down leaning back to a tree trunk which was almost red in colour.’ I don’t know what’s wrong with her, never did anything wr---wrroon---wrooonggg to h-er—er stammered Emma.

Alright, see what happened there? Never write the speech patterns or personality traits. Just tell us they have them..like you did in the previous paragraph. Also, even though you continue using wrong quotation marks, you completely forgot them here.

’ I wonder what she does when she goes off alone’

Again, italics for character thoughts.

edit
we need to get going


Emma still upset got up.

I read this in my Yoda voice.

Both went back quietly to their respective classes.

Okay, now we come to an important part. I'm not sure I get the scene. From the title of your story, I thought Eliza might be a ghost or something similar. But now they both act like little happened. Wasn't there blood involved as well?

His brow twisted and a bottom which was blue in colour and just above the ankles
The second part of this sentence is really confusing. What are you talking about?

‘Turn to page 36’ barked Mrs Stein.’

This is a Mr, not Mrs.

’What The Hell Is Going On???’.

Seems this teacher is overracting a lot.

and “TRINNNNNNNGGGG” the bell rang.

No, just no. Don't write sounds like this. Just explain them.
For example; "Before he could continue, the bell rung." (Short class, btw)

edit
the horror book shelf was half empty as usual.


edit
‘Oh come on this is all rubbish,


edit
Emma blurted out


At the beginning of your third chapter, we have no idea where we are. What is the "passage"?

her eyes & she could not see

Never use Ampersands in such writing.

edit
a mixer to be grinded into small pieces.


‘Menu For The Day’

I really like this part. Subtle and off-putting.

’ My Gosh is this seriously happening?’

Well, now you randomly started using italics. So, good!

After lunch break it was a free period so Emma decided to go back to the dormitory and think all over it.
Dormitory. This got me thinking. Namely, we barely know who she is. Her age, what she looks like or any descriptions outside her name.

“CrEeAaAkkk”

Again, stop doing this. Just say the door is creaky.

It was Miranda. She had come to take her oil paints. Miranda a 15 year old who was a very good artist was curious to see Emma all alone but she never liked intruding any one’s privacy so she took her stuff and left.
What a way to end your chapter. This entire paragraph was totally pointless. Though if this character returns later, why even mention her here without introducing her to the plot? But no, she just leaves.

Lastly, Raabia, I know this review might sound harsh, but don't beat yourself up. You write a lot, and your writing is only going to get better and better. You have a lot of essential imagination.

If I only wrote as much as you do at your age, I would be really far along. You'll be amazing sooner or later. It'll be interesting to see your future work. Just poke me if you want my opinion ;)

Cheers
Birkhoff




rbt00 says...


Thanks for pointing the mistakes.



rbt00 says...


I have seen in a lot of story books that quotation marks are not used and apostrophes are used. Why>



birk says...


I'm not too familiar with YWS Storybooks, but I'd say they're not the best source of info. It is a learning site, after all.

An awesome guide for quotation marks: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Quotation-Marks-Correctly



rbt00 says...


Thnks and i did not mean Yws stories I meant real story books in life.



User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:05 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Hey, thanks for the review request. It was my first official request that just came out of the blue, from a person that I don't really know well. Well, let's get to it shall we?

First off let me say that I loved the art at the beginning of this. It's not something that I have ever seen before and I thought that it was really original.

Secondly, I'm not sure why you used bold text throughout the whole piece, with grey text. It just seems really unnecessary to me.

Lastly, in my opinion the chapters are really short and I think that they can be combined into one chapter.

Ouch said Emma


When characters are speaking you use quotation marks("), not apostrophes (').
Unless this is a thought, then you don't need the quotation marks at all, you simply need to place it in italics. There is a code for this,

Code: Select all
[i]place your text here[/i]


‘One attitude bitch’ …


Due to the use of this word, and especially since you place this in the horror genre you should up the rating and add a language warning and possibly a mature content warning.

words twisting in Emma’s mind as she got up and dusted her dress.


Read this again. Does it sound a little weird to you? It does to me. I would either change twisting to twisted or cut out the as and replace it with a comma.

‘Don’t worry’ a voice just lurked from behind which gave a startling shock to Emma as she froze in fright.


Two things with this. First, a voice does not "lurk". People can lurk, animals can lurk, but voices cannot. Second, saying "startling shock" is a little weird. Just saying she was shocked will get the point across.

Her best friend got furious.


Saying, "got" is a little juvenile. "Became" would be a good alternative.

She slowly said

‘Emma the hot sun will dazzle your eyes by the end of the evening, we need going’ Eliza said.

You have two instances where you indicate that she is speaking. You only need one.

Chapter One was pretty good overall, I like your plot so far, but I think that your grammar and your language needs a little work. When I say that, I don't mean your use of curse words, I mean the actual language of the piece. It's slightly juvenile and I know that you can do better than that. Your age says that you are fifteen, but some areas of this read like they were written by someone much younger. You're a good writer, you just need some work.


‘Oh common this is all rubbish, I said you right I’ll take care of her’


I think that here you meant come on and the last part of the sentence makes no sense.

Chapter Two was pretty good, but it is what is known as a "filler" it doesn't really need to be there except for the fact that it provides one or two crucial details. If it weren't for those details, the filler wouldn't exist.

You can easily combine C1 and C2.



still feeling dizzy she quickly gathered her bones and got up.


She gathered her bones? Creepy.

she was put up in a mixer to be grind ed into small pieces.


Grinded is not really a word. The correct word is ground.

Miranda a [b]15]/b] year old


You should use the word and not the number.

There is nothing that can be said for Chapter Three that I haven't already said. All-in-all, I think that you did a good job. You really need to mature your English in this, however. That is clearly your biggest issue.

Peace,
HT




rbt00 says...


Thanks .. Story written when I was not 15 but posting it now.
Do Review My Stuff More.
Thanxk



User avatar
508 Reviews


Points: 11370
Reviews: 508

Donate
Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix wrote a review...



I felt like this was a story that had random words chopped out, or missing sentences completely. There needs to be a lot more description, and SLOW DOWN!!!! You're writing this so fast it's like I'm falling down a waterfall trying to keep track of things, hitting rocks unpredictably on the way down. You're just blowing through this story, and I need more description. Slow it down, describe things in detail. Good job of keeping "tell" out of this, but please give way more show. I need more description and detail than what I'm given. Example: when Emma's researching the note, I have no idea how she got to (supposedly) the library and how she even knew which books to search. What's she searching on? A computer? Card Catalog? I'm really lost there. And your chapters jump really, really bad. Maybe transition a little smoother.




rbt00 says...


Yup thanks I really needed opinions cause i was not able to slow down the story. I think i did mention how Emma got the note "her eyes flashed towards a cupboard which was marked %u2018The Unseen%u2019. She immediately started searching for a book which would solve the mystery behind Stacie%u2019s note. After ten minutes of searching she found an old and dusty book labelled %u2018 Reason of the faded blood%u2019. Her face lit up and quickly she started going through the pages of the book until finally she came across Page 59 which said %u2013"

Please do give more opinions on how to better the story.



rbt00 says...


Yup thanks I really needed opinions cause i was not able to slow down the story. I think i did mention how Emma got the note "her eyes flashed towards a cupboard which was marked %u2018The Unseen%u2019. She immediately started searching for a book which would solve the mystery behind Stacie%u2019s note. After ten minutes of searching she found an old and dusty book labelled %u2018 Reason of the faded blood%u2019. Her face lit up and quickly she started going through the pages of the book until finally she came across Page 59 which said %u2013"

Please do give more opinions on how to better the story.





Another thing that might help would be formatting. Not sure which country you're in, but quotes are typically done in "" instead of '', which is used for thoughts (if the thoughts aren't in italics). And each quote should start a new paragraph. If you have them all lumped together in the body of the narrative like that, then it's hard to tell who's saying what. They all tend to run together, and if you don't pay extra special attention to it, they will run together [and readers don't like that].
And on the researching the note part, I got that, I just didn't know how they all ended up in the library. I just reread that part, and all you said was (paraphrase) 'the class got out for library period'. How they got there, you never said. So if you slow it down and at least describe the journey to the library (all it takes is a good sentence or two), then it'll help readers follow what's going on.
Hope this helps!



rbt00 says...


Thank You So Much :D



rbt00 says...


I just changed the first chapter as you asked. Just check and say if that is fine. :D





That's better, but there are a lot of punctuation marks that just seem to be thrown in there randomly. Also a few 'new paragraph' that slipped by you. I almost feel like I should just copyedit it and send you a revised one to show you what I'm talking about [because doing that in the reply would be HUGE]. But other than that it looks great!
Now all that's left is adding the 'layers' to slow it down...such fun stuff. Enjoy your writing!!!



rbt00 says...


What does adding layers mean?



rbt00 says...


Could you please point out the punctuation marks which are unnecessary?





Here. Shoot me an email and I'll try to reply as best I can. I've been having issues with the PM system on YWS, and the answer and unnecessary punctuation marks are going to take a lot of space to show you. furiousthemonkeyboy@aol.com



rbt00 says...


I am sorry I cant mail you. Why don't you post the errors in a lot of comments? I mean don't post everything in one comment. That would take a lot of space.




I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil