soundofmind says...

i have a handful of bastard characters who could be great imposters
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:47 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Both our Kenku and our Psion would work perfect with such a twist as well 8)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This is a little late, but hi, @Vincian! We're glad you're here. <3

I'm 100% down for an imposter. I won't volunteer as tribute, but I'd love for someone else to be it.

I also think I figured out who I want to do! I'm leaning towards Télos - he's an older character of mine that originally was created for a fanfiction. He's still from that story, but he's really evolved into something original since I first made.

I think @soundofmind might be the only one who's met him before, so I'm really excited to introduce him to the rest of the crew! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 am
View Likes
Carina says...

i'm excited to meet him, mage!! one of these days i'd have been in enough roleplays with you guys that i get to know all your characters :p

AHAHAHA okay so sounds like we start off the roleplay in whatever room we want, and then we get a sabotage notification hear an announcement that there's some kind of outage and we gotta all evacuate to the designated rooms assigned to us. and all our characters (plus some others for NPCs maybe) are all in the same dingy cantina, grumpy that they gotta be in this place, but figured they might as well make the best of it and intermingle with one another :') but *GASP*.... TWIST...... at least one of them is secretly the impostor person who caused the outage for ~nefarious reasons~!!

WATCHU ALL T HINK
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:11 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I LIKE IT! And @ThePatchworkPilgrims I'm more than happy to pass off the impostor role to you if you want! :D

I LIKE YOUR THOUGHTS CARINA, GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD IDEAS. I AM DOWN

Now I just have to pick a character... OH. CARINA. I SHOULD DO BO SO YOU CAN BE IN AN RP WITH HIM LOLLLLLLL

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:17 am
View Likes
Carina says...

OMG YES PLS. then i'd have been introduced to the holy trinity of characters: james, kaz, and bo :'))))) *happy day*
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:24 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I’m confused on the imposter situation? Anyway, I’m curious to get going with this!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:27 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@Elinor I was referencing the new fad game Among Us where there's someone among the crew on the ship that is a saboteur! That's really about it. In the game, they sabotage the integrity of the ship and murder other crew members but we don't have to go that dark lol

So basically, one of our characters will be the one who sabotages the electricity(or something else), and maybe more depending on how we want to develop stuff

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:37 am
View Likes
Carina says...

yep!! and they're called imposters because they're trying to fit in with the crew even though they're sabotaging the ship and murdering people, which also fits with what the consensus of the plot here seems to be. minus the, uh, murder lol

speaking of that game, that reminds me that i should make that poll for our Mandatory Fun™ session :p

PSSSH they only extra thing i'll let them sabotage is our character's fRiEndShiP
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:43 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

... Oh, no, I'm familiar with Among Us, I just don't see how that fits into our RP? Like, how/why would they sabotage stuff? Wouldn't it make more sense for an NPC to do it?

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:51 am
View Likes
Carina says...

how/why would they sabotage stuff?

that's exactly what we have to figure out ;) I assume whoever plays the imposter character (I think it may be Pilgrims) would have to have a motif and plan to do the deed, but we won't know about it until hints are given out during our character's interactions

an NPC could do it, but it wouldn't be as fun since there's no mystery behind it
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:01 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

I don't want to be a party pooper but I would rather.... not base this RP off of Among Us? I can play Among Us for that, especially if we plan to do the actual game later as a group.

Unless it's only a part of the opening plot and then we move on and do something else. Up to y'all. I'll play along with whatever the majority decides.

-- Walt Disney

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:12 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I'm down for whatever, really! I was just shooting off ideas so we can have a reason why our characters end up in the same room and stay :) while also providing a plot twist
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm cool with either one! But if @Elinor doesn't want to do an Among Us roleplay, I completely understand and respect that decision. Let's shelve that idea for now and save it for a future roleplay!

(Or maybe even a future tagbook?)

When I did a roleplay like this one in the past with @soundofmind and a few other writers, the plot twists we had before we decided the characters met as kids and forgot about each other was each character's individual story. Maybe if we go into this roleplay having our characters hide at least one thing about their past from each other, we could have that be where the fun plot twists and reveals come from? I know that Télos is probably going to lie badly the moment he runs into everyone else about who he really is. :P

Also, once we iron out the plot, I think we're ready to get this roleplay started! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:32 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

yeah we can totally shelf the among us idea lol, that was just me spittin off the first idea that came to mind

bo def has secrets he will hide just because they are not things you typically mention in casual conversation lol so that could work at least on my end

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom