590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 18, 2019 12:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Big Apple

A Saeverse Roleplay

You've never seen a place with so many people. Everywhere you look, there's countless ones rushing around to a backdrop of tall, towering buildings. Those buildings are just as unfamiliar. Nothing you have ever seen has truly compared to their sheer size. They seem to go on until they reach the sky - and then continue to go even higher.

You might be the adventuring type. You might not be. But whatever you are, you're creeped by the sudden transition from where you were before to the strange place you've found yourself in now. Though most of the people bustling about have completely ignored your abrupt arrival, there are some that have realized that something is not quite right about you.

And it's up to you to figure out how to find your way home before you're discovered.

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 18, 2019 12:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'll be reusing an old storybook character for this - his name is Ryder Salvai, and here's a somewhat edited version of his appearance from his old CP.

Ryder Salvai: He's tall. He has short, spiky black hair. His eyes are different colors: one is dark brown and the other is light blue, although some say three years ago, they were both light blue. He wears a plain black t-shirt, slightly faded jeans, and scuffed dark blue sneakers. Over the t-shirt, he wears a denim jacket. The jacket is made up of a denim vest, with black leather sleeves and a black hood. He usually wears the jacket open.

One moment, he was talking with Eva.

The next, he found himself getting pushed about by a plethora of people. Elbows dug into his side, and a few colorful words were uttered when he didn't move out of the way. His mind was reeling as he tried to understand where he was. He had never once seen or heard of a place with so many people and such tall buildings, and had no idea how he could have gotten here from the base.
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat May 18, 2019 1:42 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Spoiler! :
I want to try! ;) Let me know if I messed up somehow!

My character is Meryl Bennet: storybook_character.php?t=109670&c=5134&mode=view. She has auburn hair, light blue eyes, and freckles. She's wearing a navy blue midi vintage dress, navy blue flats, and her hair is tied back with a navy blue ribbon.

As she stepped out of the house, Meryl's phone pinged. A new message from her old highschool friend.

Cilla: U leaving to Coffee Bean now?

Merry: Yep!

When she looked up again, it was not toward the trees and the familiar houses of her childhood, but a neverending stream of people. Skyscrapers rose up so high she had to tilt her head and squint to see the top. Her heart jolted. Where was she? She had no answer for that till she glimpsed a building familiar to her through pictures. The Empire State Building.

"It can't be," she whispered to herself, trying to blink it away. But deep down, she knew there was absolutely no doubt she had somehow ended up in New York. The question now was how and why.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 18, 2019 2:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Your post looks good to me! Welcome to the roleplay. :)

As he was getting jostled about, he found himself getting pushed towards someone who was also standing around. There were a few other people doing the same thing - just marveling at the impressive buildings, but the girl felt different. There was a look of confusion on her face that mirrored his own.

"Hi," he said, taking a step back and almost getting knocked to the ground by another passerby. Apparently, people here liked being crowded into far too packed spaces. "Did you just get magically transported here, too?"
mage

queer and here.

373 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Spoiler! :
Thank you! :D Is it possible Meryl would be able to contact her friend through her phone?

Meryl spun around to see who had spoken. It was a tall boy with black hair that spiked out like the shell of a lychee and eyes with different colors. His appearance was striking, but in the bustle, no one noticed. As she pushed toward him, she wondered how anybody could cope with the traffic day after day.

"Hello." Meryl cleared her throat and spoke louder; the bustle here nearly drowned out her voice. "Magically transported? I think so."

If she was stuck here, it would be better to be stuck with someone else she could work with to solve this issue. But: introductions first. She stuck out her hand in greeting. "What's your name anyway? I'm Meryl Bennet."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 18, 2019 5:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
You're welcome! I don't think she'd be able to - though it looks like the New York City she knows, it's not set in the same reality.

He looked down at the extended hand for a moment, mind running through the possible responses he could give. There was one name he obviously couldn't share; even Eva didn't know it. He could admit some of the truth by giving his name, but he ran the risk of her reporting him because of his position and the threat he posed.

Then again, he was stuck in a strange city, and she didn't have any weapons on here.

He grabbed onto her hand and gave it a strong shake.

"I'm Ryder," he said with a grin. "Ryder Salvai."

After a moment passed, he drew his hand away and glanced at the bustling people once more. Some of them were beginning to give him a weird look. Feeling a pang of paranoia - or maybe justified worry - he pulled his hood up to cover at least some of his appearance to the average passerby.

"So," he began, turning back to her, "have you ever seen this place before? I have no idea where we are right now."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat May 18, 2019 8:09 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Kendrik. Tl;dr: bipedal pharaoh hound with a white left (hand) paw. Kinda cranky. Wearing a wet, slightly bleached blue coat, as well as jeans and gray sneakers. Has a scabbard containing a fencing-like sword on his belt, though the scabbard was stuffed into his jeans to keep anyone from noticing.

Taber Aurelius-Renatus. Bipedal wolf-lion. Tallest of the bunch; big, sunken eyes that tend to glow red in the dark; fur a mix of gray and brown; oversized claws; has enough of a hunch and big enough teeth that he kinda looks like a werewolf, but doesn't have the personality of one. Has a tattered gray hoodie that is (somehow) too big for him, jeans, and white sneakers that don't exactly fit his (foot) paws.

Lunis. He's an ex-tracker and assassin. Idiot, bisexual, bipedal black panther. Shortest; fairly muscular; very smooth and silky fur; sharp, polished claws. Wearing a white hoodie, jeans, and mud-splattered red sneakers (the only ones that they could convince him to put on). Also has black shorts underneath his jeans, containing both his daggers and his assortment of poisons.

It was one thing to be stuck on another world. It was one thing to go from an abandoned, icy wasteland to streets choked with people, buildings taller than (almost) anything he'd ever seen before. It was one thing to have to scrounge normal-looking clothes from a dumpster in a dark alleyway and hide in the shadows.

It was another thing to go through all of that while being stuck with two complete idiots.

"Haha," Taber said, waving the sleeves of his hoodie around as he peered over Kendrik, who was crouching down at the edge of the alley. "This is pretty great, isn't it?"

Kendrik looked up, yanking Taber's hoodie back over his head. "No," Kendrik snapped. "No, it ain't. Don't blow our cover because ya like yer clothes."

Taber frowned. "What's the problem? We've both been through stuff like this a bunch of times, and we haven't been in any danger. Or, not a lot of it."

"There's so many humans here," Kendrik said. "I, don't trust humans all that much."

"My girlfriend is human!" Taber said, beaming. "And she's great!"

Kendrik bit his lip and scowled. If he had to listen to Taber for any longer, he'd be more than happy to blow both of their covers. "Let's agree ta disagree. And what did ya say about strange cities the last time I saw ya and yer friends?"

Now the wolf looked away. "That they weren't all that safe," he mumbled.

The hound nodded. He glanced back down the alleyway, catching Lunis standing almost behind the dumpster, taking a knife to his jeans.

"Lunis, don't rip those jeans up because you want a hole for your tail," Kendrik growled, running over to the panther.

"I don't feel comfortable if my tail isn't free," the panther shot back, not bothering to look at Kendrik.

Before the hound had the chance to take Lunis's knife away, he heard Taber call out, "Hey, there's some people who look about as confused as we do! I'm going to wave to them and let them know where we are!"

Kendrik groaned. This day wasn't going to get any better.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
(I'm using a character from a story I'm currently working on)

Name: Queenie Ringly

Sexuality: even she doesn't know, probably lesbian, but she's simultaneously questioning and in denial.

Physical Description: She has short, curly blonde hair that appears to be effortlessly styled but in fact requires a huge beauty routine to maintain. her eyes are the kind of blue typically associated with princesses, beautiful maidens to be won with an epic battle with a mythic beast, and boy does she know it. She wears casual, yet somehow elegant clothing in the form of (custom) t-shirts and jeans with red combat boots and a ruby-studded gold choker.

Personality: The afore-mentioned story with the damsel and the hero? She's the monster. She cares little for other people (other than her sister or her dad, but she would never DREAM of admitting that) and can and will take lives if she is so inclined. She's cocky, pushy, and manipulative. A fight with her would see that brave knight slaughtered.

Queenie was in her room when it happened. A several-million-dollar mansion with only the very latest in security technology, and she just vanished.

Suddenly, she was outdoors, cell phone still in hand, nearly being trampled by the onslaught of foot traffic in a city much like Kroy, but not quite. Her phone buzzed, an error message flashed on the screen, then it went dark.

She composed herself.

There were two other people, well, there were a lot of other people, but these two looked different. She approached them, "Excuse me," she said sweetly to the hooded one with his back to her, "I'm afraid I don't know where I am, would you care to enlighten me?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 18, 2019 8:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

In the few seconds that had followed him asking his question, he had noticed someone waving from a dark alleyway. Considering that he couldn't see the face, and that they were in a dark alleyway, he should have been suspicious. But the way that the someone was waving was a little too...childish to be taken as an ominous threat, and he suspected that they were in the same situation as them.

But he had something else to address first.

"I was wondering the same thing," he admitted, turning around to face the newcomer. He gave her a smile, though something about her seemed off. He just couldn't his finger on what yet. "I actually got magically transported here, and I'll go out on a limb and say that you're in the same boat as me and Meryl."

He turned his back to her again.

"I think I found some other people like us," Ryder said, gesturing over at the figure in the alleyway. "I'm going to go check things out - you two can come with me, if you want."

Then he was off through the crowd of people, weaving through them in an attempt to get from one side of the sidewalk to the other. When he finally did, he found himself staring up at someone who was easily taller than him, standing in front of two other people lurking in the darkness of the alleyway.

Spoiler! :
Welcome to the roleplay! I forgot to mention this in the first post, but there's actually a Discord server for my roleplays and storybooks. If you're interested in joining, just let me know - I'll happily send you an invite either through a PM or in one of these posts. :)
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 8:41 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie raised an eyebrow, showing no more than mild interest outwardly as she followed, "Magic? I can't say I've heard that one before."

When she found herself face to face with the people in the alley, she sized them up. Despite her inferior stature (she's 5'1"), she managed to look down on them, unimpressed, "Who are you?" she asked, her sweet tone like the sugar coating on a cyanide pill.

he/they

299 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 8:44 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Hi!" Taber said as two of the confused people walked up to him. He glanced back; Lunis had turned his back on Kendrik and was currently trying to keep the hound from reaching over and grabbing the knife before Lunis completed making the tail hole. Not a great first impression for whoever these people were, but this was already an awkward situation to begin with.

Trying his best to block the strangers' view of Lunis and Kendrik, Taber smiled, showing off more of his teeth than he would've liked (man, talking to people was hard, especially when the shorter person scared him for reasons he couldn't quite place). "I'm Taber! Who are you?"

95 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She nods, accepting his name but not giving hers, "Allow me to rephrase," she says, her tone sweetening even more, if possible, "What, are you?"

By now she had put her phone in her pocket, but she slipped her hand casually in with it now, digging a manicured fingernail under a hidden switch next to the one that turned her phone to silent and switching it on. Two buzzes. No signal. Danm.

Spoiler! :
What are the rules regarding violence, romance, and the like? It'll affect how I write Queenie.

he/they

299 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Taber made a noise that sounded like a nervous bark - he was liking this person less and less.

"I'm a wolf?" he said. "Just, a little bit bigger and with more brown fur and stuff, because my dad was a lion?"

373 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Meryl had been distracted for a bit. She had been trying to no avail in contacting Cilla, but the screen of her phone was black and no amount of tapping or button-pushing seemed to turn it on again. By the time she realized everyone was gone, they were at the alley already. She pushed her way toward them, just in time to hear the stranger say he was a wolf-lion.

"You...aren't from here either, are you?" Meryl said.

95 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie was silent for a moment, the wheels in her head visibly turning in unknown directions as she processed the situation.

She turned to Meryl, "Where are you from?" she asked, removing her phone from her pocket and opening the notes app and typing out everything she knew without looking down. Instead, her eyes searched the landscape for...something. They lingered here and there, a rooftop, a particularly dark patch of shadow, a discarded newspaper at the alley's entrance, but they never seemed to find anything they wanted.

he/they

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov