z

Young Writers Society

Which template do you like?

Which YWS skin/template do you like more?

YWS Standard
46%
YWS Dark
54%

Total votes : 121

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:58 pm
ladydark says...

haha, aye Dark Purple rules. It's so much easier on the eyes. I have my monitor down pretty low 'cause I have sensitive eyes, but still, Standard? -buurns eyes- Dark? -eyes in heaven- more dark more dark more dark pretty pleaaaaaaase!!!!!
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:03 am
Firestarter says...

I can't believe Dark is winning - you all have terrible, terrible eyes. The logo looks bad and I despise the Medieval-type font: like Ari says, it does feel like some strange RP forum. Seriously, the front of YWS as it is now makes it look a lot more professional and inviting. The dark skin I can't bear.

Whiteness rocks!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:05 am
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Sadly...I voted without knowing what the question was. I'd never changed from standard.

Now that I know what's going on: I have to agree with Ari and Co. --the dark ain't inviting. Why is it winning?!
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:11 am
Areida says...

ha ha... Ari and Co... but I'm definitely with Jack and Imp on this one. You guys must have your screen up high because I think the only time the white has ever bugged my eyes is when I had a migraine.

Standard is sooooo much better.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:43 am
bubblewrapped says...

I just tried YWS Dark and I'm in love LOL. Although possibly it's just because its a CHANGE...Standard gets so boring after a while.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:41 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Yeah, the only thing I ABHOR about dark is the logo. Fortunately, we can fix it. We have the technology.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:04 am
Crysi says...

Standard. Most definitely Standard. It looks far more professional to me. Dark just looks... I dunno. Amateur. Like someone just signed up for a free forum service and that's what they got. Actually, I had a free forum that looked like that... Some of the skins actually looked better than that.

Your call. Make it a good one. ;)
Love and Light

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:09 am
Ego says...

Pipe down all you squares that use standard!

Darkness rulez you all!!!!!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:14 am
Snoink says...

Actually, now that I think of it, I turned down my screen rather low so I would be able to spend friggin' long hours on YWS.

Hehehe...

What you might think about doing is making it a less hard color. A tan or light gray (I love CCCCCC) is always good. And if tan is with green, it looks extra pretty. Like, I was rather impressed with the color coordination of Just Goat.

Just a thought...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:58 am
Fireweed says...

Standard... its purdier and dark is distracting.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:00 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

I agree with Crysi...especially due to the fact that the logo fits in with Standard and doesn't look like you pasted it in. :lol:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:24 am
View Likes
Nate says...

A lot of the problems that people seem to have with YWS Dark is just that it's not been supported very well; that is, the logo doesn't fit, things seem off-balance, etc.

Bobo has already gone ahead and created new buttons and a new logo for YWS Dark (the one at the top is his, the bad one on just the front page is mine). I think people will like it more now, but time will tell.

YWS Dark has been consistently ahead in the poll, so I'm gonna switch to that as soon as I'm done typing this post. Look for a thread in the information forum for more... information.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:27 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

*holds breath*

This is very exciting...

EDIT: It's very dark, no?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:29 am
Firestarter says...

Consistently ahead? It's only one ahead now ... *shrug*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:46 pm
View Likes
Areida says...

I think my biggest problem with the dark is the lack of contrast. I have to squint to read a whole lot more since there's so much black and grey and a lot less stark contrast of black on white. It seems distracting, too. Before the posts were what my eyes were immediately drawn to, but now these big bars of colour seem to take up all the space...
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11