z

Young Writers Society

The curse of YWS (tagbook)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:23 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Gengar rubbed the back of her head. She should’ve thought of that too. “Alright, so his name’s Mr. Everywhere, right? He’s the embodiment of chaos and disorder. He can grant anyone’s wishes, but more often than not, they’re just tricks. He likes to trick people. I… know from experience.”

Everyone suddenly looked at her. She had said too much.

Gengar had not always been a Gengar. There was a time, long, long ago, when she was human. She was foolish and naive, and made a deal with Mr. Everywhere to be turned into her favorite pokemon. It wasn’t all that it chalked up to be.

But she didn’t want to tell anyone just yet. This would be a story for another day.

@KaiaJersaga changed the subject. “So, does he have any weaknesses?”

Gengar suddenly remembered something. “Oh, yeah, he does actually! He has a soft-spot for cats, or anything cat-related.

@cookiesandcream123 looked over at the tall, terrifying figure. “Cats?”

“Yeah, cats,” said Gengar. “I dunno why, but he just does. Maybe if we give him something cat-related, he’ll cut us some slack.”

”Tick, tock,” said Mr. Everywhere. There were only a couple minutes left on the clock.

Gengar looked around, then remembered the cafe. The cafe, that’s it! “I’m gonna go in there and see if there’s any cat-themed treats.”

Sure enough, there was an entire box of cat-shaped donuts, completely untouched. She brought it out and hid it behind her back, so that Mr. Everywhere would not see it.

“Before we make our deal, I have an offering for you,” she said.

Mr. Everywhere leaned down to look her in the eye. “Yeeeesss?”

She presented the box of cat donuts to him. He straightened himself up and squealed, taking them from her hands. It was kind of funny, seeing this terrifying creature act this way. He took one out of the box, and opened his mouth. Black tentacles emerged from his mouth, devouring the donut whole.

“Oh, these are simply delectable!” The giant clock disappeared. Maybe he had forgotten about it, or maybe he was purposely giving them extra time.

Gengar turned to everyone else and began to whisper. “Umm, guys, I’m sorry for not telling you all the details before summoning him. I forget a lot of stuff, and I know this is a life-or-death situation and not just a common mistake, but do you forgive me?”
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:40 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

"You're lucky one of my greatest weaknesses is that I forgive people who don't always deserve it," Kaia muttered, with a pretend glare at @GengarIsBestBoy "But look, here, Gengar. Even the little you told us about him isn't really enough for us to help you make the decision about what to do."

@cookiesandcream123 nodded.

"So, I suggest that you make a deal with him while @Ari11, Cookies, and I search around amongst the writers here for anyone who has a cat character. I think that might come in handy. We could probably borrow @loveissourgrapes's laptop to bring the character to life." Kaia decided. "And I think I know who to ask first..." Her eyes moved to @LuminescentAnt whose profile last time she had seen it had a profile picture of a cat.
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:29 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Ant was standing close by, biting her nails, when @KaiaJersaga, @Ari11, and @cookiesandcream123 came up to her.

"Ant, we need a favor," @KaiaJersaga said.

"Yes?" Ant asked.

"As you may have heard, Mr. Everywhere's weakness is cats. We noticed that you have a cat avatar. So maybe we can use @loveissourgrapes's laptop to bring that character in your avvie to life." @cookiesandcream123 said.

"CORRECTION. That is not 'a cat,' that is Pusheen for your information," Ant said, pushing up her glasses in a according to my calculations kind of way. "If you don't know, Pusheen is a cat who-"

"Yes, yes, Pusheen. So can you write Pusheen to come here so that we can bribe Mr. Everywhere?" @Ari11 asked, interrupting.

Ant sighed. "Fiiine. But don't expect her to worship Mr. Everywhere or something. Pusheen is known to be extrememly lazy. The comics and drawings depict her to-"

"Yeah, yeah yeah. Just write a poem already." @KaiaJersaga said, handing her @loveissourgrape's laptop.

Ant started to write the poem. It wasn't very good, but she was in a hurry. It read:

Pusheen is a cat who can distract certain cat-loving celestials.
The YWSers needed her to use this skill for something very special.
She telported right into the Green Room café,
Specifically into Ant's arms, hooray!
It was true that she would pleasantly appeal
Mr. Everywhere so he could make a good deal.

At that moment, a plump gray tabby cat appeared in Ant's arms. "It worked!" @Ari11 whisper-shouted.

"Let's tell everyone so we can make the deal," @cookiesandcream123 said.

"But hide her in the meantime, so he won't see her." @KaiaJersaga told Ant.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:32 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Part Orange:
In which we slowly begin to wrap things up.

@foxmaster was trying to just.... walk, but then the next thing she knew, she was in the Green Room cafe.
"Um..." said @Omni in confusion.
"I don't get it, what just happened?" asked @Fomxaster, staring at @vampricone6783, who was looking up the year Mission:Impossible had been released, for a review.
Then she looked at @LuminescentAnt. "is that Pusheen?"
"Uh-NO," said @GengarIsBestBoy, even though it clearly was.
"Yeah, it is." said @foxmaster.
"HOW DID YOU SURVIVE?!" yelled @keystrings. "Did you not see how bad it was out there?"
@Carina @loveissourgrapes, @KaiaJersaga and @alpacaboss echoed in agreement.
"Well... I might have an idea." said @Rinisha. Everyone looked at her.
"You know the YWS library?" she asked.
"Ohh, yeah! That place!" said @Spearmint cheerfully.
"well, I think the goose....and maybe even the solution might be in there. Considering, you know. all our characters live there...."
@foxmaster yelled, "YES!"
"for YWS!" yelled @alliyah, and everyone raced to the library.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:55 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

Spot had been sitting quietly in the corner of the Green Room, sobbing about the terrifying chaos for pretty much the whole time everyone else like @foxmaster, @KaiaJersaga, @alpacaboss, @OrabellaAvenue, @FireEyes, @Ari11, and everyone else was being all heroic and planning stuff. But at the mention of a library, she perked up.

"Library? Did you say library?" they asked @Rinisha.

No one heard her though, because they were all too busy rushing out the door.

"Wait for me!" spottedpebble called as she raced after all their fellow YWSers.

"Oh, hi, Peb," said @alliyah as spottedpebble caught up with the group.

"It's nice of you to join us," said @loveissourgrapes. "Although you're a bit late to the party."

"I know," spottedpebble admitted. "But I'm here now! Where's this library we're going to anyway?"

"It should be on the far side of YWS," piped up @cookiesandcream123. "We think the golden goose is in there."

"If we can find the golden goose, we should be able to triumph over these characters once and for all!" said @Carina.

spottedpebble smiled. "Writers triumph over all!" they shouted. "Even their own creations! I'm just glad that none of my characters showed up."

"I didn't think you had any characters yet," @LuminescientAnt said. "I thought you only write poems."

"True I write a lot of poetry, but I do have this ghost in a short story I wrote during Halloween-time," spottedpebble said. She shivered at the thought of having to face the Whitened Farmwife from their story The Bleaching Shack.

"Everyone! We're almost at the library!" shouted @GengarIsBestBoy from the front of the group.

Spot held her breath as they came upon the YWS library...
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:59 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

...where they saw tea. He wasn't doing anything special, he was just reading one of his poems.

"Hi peb! Hi ant! Hi... everyone?!"

"Tea?! Why are you at the library?" said @spottedpebble

"I was just trying to find my drafts."

"Don't you have characters locking you out of YWS?" said @LuminescentAnt

"Uh... Techincally, the only one that could try to is Cofii from NaNo. But hes locked away on docs! Hopefully... What has you all coming here anyway?"

"The Golden Goose. Is it here?" asked @GengarIsBestBoy

"I think so? Is it that thing thats quacking inside?" Quacks could be heard faintly as tea spoke.

"Yes! Come on!" exclaimed @KaiaJersaga

And so they went...

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily