142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:01 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Boarding School Murder Book
yes that is the actual title in my google doc

Words: 0/10,000

I have not written a description, yet, but here's the first paragraph as a little intro:

"The Schovajsas were listed as the wealthiest family living in the Omaha area, but no one, including the family, truly knew how they accumulated their wealth. To Theresa’s knowledge, how they obtained their money was completely lost to time. Her great-grandpa, whose name she forgot every time she needed it, started their fruitful legacy. He perished in World War II after refusing to tell the rest of the Schovajsas how he became so successful. The rest of the family was unbothered by the secrecy surrounding their money. At this point, the majority of the living family members didn’t know what a hard day’s work was. They were accustomed to having everything and anything. Yet, the family’s escapades barely mattered to Theresa. Her mother’s inheritance had been revoked long ago."

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:50 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

The mystery about the money sounds very intriguing. Good luck with your story, @looseleaf!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:09 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Boarding School Murder Book is an A+ working title <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

142 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:41 am
looseleaf says...

PlanMo - Elevator Pitch

Eduard is the first Czech-born to attend the prestigious St. Julian's Academy boarding school. He's excited but, quickly, things take a turn for the worst. Dead students from St. Julian's sister school along with local teenagers start to be discovered around campus and Eduard appears to be the only one who cares. More than eighty years later, Theresa is sought out by St. Julian's to attend their school despite never hearing about it. Her school year starts off shaky as Theresa attempts to figure out why she was accepted to St. Julian's. This entirely changes when a buried secret from the school's pre-war era comes back into the light.

Spoiler! :
Thank you @Liminality and @Carlito!

142 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:12 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

PlanMo - Character Tweets

yes i actually made the tweets enjoy

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:49 pm
View Likes
PlanBot says...

Love those character tweets, looseleaf! Full of personality :D
Are you gearing up for Camp NaNo in April?
Join us with the PlanMo Journal Challenge to prepare (and earn some shiny badges)!

142 Reviews

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:04 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

So... I was busy the first part of the month. Sorry about that.

Day One (on Day Six)

Words: 393/10,000

I finished chapter one today since I started this story before Camp NaNo (it's at 2637 words right now)! I'll probably write more today but count it for tomorrow. A little excerpt for today from the end of chapter one:

“There’s one.. two.. three bills, a magazine from dad’s old car club, some art thing for mom and… a big one for Theresa.”

“From who?” Mom’s voice was suddenly loud and clear. A pang of worry echoed in it that stood out among her usually tired, wine-drunk tone. The only time Theresa had heard that particular concern in mom’s voice was when she was five. It was the last time dad had been deployed before being discharged from the Air Force.

“Um.. have you ever heard of St. Julian's Academy?”

1503 Reviews

Reviews: 1503
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I love the dedication to creating the character tweets and I agree with Carli, that is a fab working title!

I also started my camp journey later than intended so now my daily word count has to increase :/ hope yours is still manageable, and good luck with the rest of the month! <3

When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are.
— Mikhail Baryshnikov