Young Writers Society

Worldbuilder Turned Roleplayer

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:22 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hi folks! My name is Vincian, and I am definitely not new to the Roleplay forum.

However, seriously though, I feel like I've been around long enough and with so many different names that it is a good idea to re-introduce myself.

I started rping on YWS back in, like, December of 2012. So, really, I started rping back in 2013, and even then, not for too long. Back then, my name was Omniyus, and then Aquestioning (in a side note, I've gone through so many names that you can just find them in my about page lol). I was made a mod in May of 2014, and since then I've mainly inhabited the Roleplay forum (lovingly called the Storybook forum for awhile, and the pesky tab still says it. stubborn)

I love worldbuilding. I love creating scenarios and stories and looking at fun details within a world that makes it, well, the world that it is. I also love collaborating and tossing ideas at each other. Just seeing the creativity, inspiration, and joy that comes from writing with others, it's the reason why I've stayed.

Funnily enough, I never actually rped before YWS. I think I was too young and too new to the internet back then to really explore it more than like, Youtube XD besides like actually writing a bit of a novel with a friend in 8th grade. It's crazy how far the internet has come in the decade I've been on the site.

Well, now to talk about some of my roleplays that I'm proud of! First was most definitely my first foray into creating a RP of my own and it's still a template I create all of my new RPs off of:

The Harbingers of Revolution [Closed/Started]

Harbingers of Revolution was unique in that it was operating on two different timelines at the same time. There was the present, which was the present time, of course, and then the past, which was three months before the present and right at the beginning of the outbreak and shutdown of Atlanta. Also, it had 15 writers, which is huge and something I could never handle today, but back then I think it worked. That RP, sadly, died because of me, which is a trend that you might find in a lot of my RPs. I posted the first half of my post, and people were waiting on my second half that I never posted. And so, it died.

And then, my second RP that was successful! Shattered Moons:

Shattered Moons

This RP was a fanfiction of RWBY, a show I've grown to love and hate for various reasons, but I still have a soft spot for SM in my heart. I rebooted this once, and that one was more successful.

Shattered Moons

And I think it is still my most successful RP to date (although one of my current ones might top it soon). This second one died because it was too large an idea and writers fell through. It's a problem I've seen happen time and time again, where people drop out because of time constraints.

My next RP:

Fireheart

Fireheart. This one is bittersweet for me. It was a dark time in my life, and I had a falling out with one of the writers. But the story itself was so... just right. It was so nice and I really wanted to see it through to the end, but things just didn't happen that way. So, it died. But! in it's death, a new project came about. The YWU, and with it, my favorite RP so far:

Aether's Heart

Aether's Heart, which is still going to this day. It is a wonderful story, and a long read, and something I highly recommend to everyone because it's just, so good.

And, listen, this is just a small fraction of the RPs I have made. I have made a ton that never got off the ground and I've moved on from. Not every idea is successful. I've created dozens of RPs, and only a couple of them have even gotten a post in. So, don't fret if the same happens to you ^^

Looking to the Future

Honestly, I have never really talked about the future of my RPs, but I think I should! Right now, my main long term project that I'm wanting to dedicate a lot of time to is

The Headquarters

This is a unique project that I'm hopeful for. I'm also planning on making a reboot of Harbingers of Revolution and seeing how it works now, seven years after the original and four after the failed sequel. Honestly, though, I haven't thought too much further than that. I'm enjoying the now. And, if you've made it to the end of all of this, I look forward to rping with you in the future c:
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain