grabbing a spot
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:39 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Alice's Yearbook 2023

It is my first time doing this, but 2023 has been an amazing year! And I would like to sum it up and come back to look it up next year and see where I have got to.

YWS

JANUARY
In January, tried 23in23 but couldn't keep up with it. 24in24 is a next year goal to complete!
My Secret Santa gift poem by @WeepingWisteria made my day!
Changed my name from ImaginativeAlice to DreamyAlice, same theme new vibe. (Let's see if I want a new adjective for my name in the new year lol)

FEBRUARY
Social Week turning into Social Month was amazing! And all the
different crew banners were adorable. If it happens again this year, I want to design my resource/ community crew banner!
Image Image

MARCH
On March 10th of this year I became a Junior Moderator in the resource/community crew of the site.
I made the first cover for my poem Miss Moon gifted me a star called U (It was an amazing new feature of the site thanks to Nate)
The song lyric discussion party on the 19th made me wake up too early in the morning but it was worth it and fun!
I started my first roleplay duo with @Dossereana and Doss is an amazing roleplay partner!
The Review day of this month was very intense and I remember being so excited for my team to win, I wrote so many reviews, and yay Indigo Insights won!
March 28 (Birthday!!) I have never received so many birthday wishes, they were all very sweet
April Fool's Day planning with the mods was too chaotic lol, my being against Napo and supportive bats was something I never imagined hehe

APRIL
NAPOOO!!! My Napo thread- The end of the 14th year of Me Oh man why so tragic name lol but I can still understand why I choose to write about the past year, I had too much to say and all the poems reflected one of the incidents and memories of the past year that had stayed with me. I am proud of myself, it was my first Napo and I wrote 19 poems. I missed the other days for a few reasons and couldn't complete NaPo but still, I love the poems I wrote, and being in the NaPo pads writing poems with Napo buddies was so much fun and relaxing at the end of each day. I tried so many different structures and poetry themes, it was one of the most memorable events of the year for me!
Image Image Image

MAY

#EveryoneTakeANap by our very own @IcyFlame

JUNE
Earned my 4th review star!
THE GREAT TORTOISE RACE OF 2023- This month, we had a record-breaking number of Team Tortoise winners! NINE turtles made it to the finish line! I was happy to be one of them. Wrote many reviews and a shoutout to a very intriguing novel I Knew by @KaiaJersaga, I remember its chapters being my first choice to read and review during this month.
I loved my rainbowfied suggestion part of the reviews!
~A LIL SUGGESTION~

made by meee

JULY
Search for the Golden Goose- We cleared the green room fully during this summer challenge, it was a great victory for all the reviewers of the site and I was one of them, I wrote 38 reviews. My team Maple Leaf won! And shoutout to @IcyFlame, I admired Icy for the consistency in writing soo many reviews!
Image Image
Received many gifts during the Holidays in July! And it was all very lovely messages.

After July I had been kind of inactive but I was visiting yws here and there. Hosted the 19 Questions for 19 Years during YWS birthday week this year. And hosted a winter-themed poetry workshop/pad party in December. I have been on yws for 3 years now, and it was my cake day on Nov 5, 2020, I appreciate this community just too much and I will stay forever here!

This year on yws was very different than the other ones and one of the reasons was me becoming a junior mod, I came to know about all the back work that goes into all the activities and events and management of yws, I appreciate it even more and how supportive all the other mods are. I love the community to the very core<3

Some members make your day with their kind words of appreciation, thanks to them and keeping it all here to read it next year!

It's amazing the commitment you make to the site<3 I don't think most people know you are getting up early just to do reviews and things. But I see you, thanks for all you do<3
- @Quillfeather(quilly you don't realize you absolutely made my day and it was very sweet<3)

You deserved this a long time ago...
- @KaiaJersaga (I met many new members this year but Kaia was very nice hehe it was very nice meeting an mbti enthusiast like me, we discussed a lot about it was super fun!)

I appreciate you and all the positivity you spread around the site! <333 hope you have a wonderful day! ^^
- @Spearmint(i love hearing random sweet things)

Thanks for all you do on YWS Alice, great to have you on the mod-squad!
- @alliyah(always love the random baby chickens)

PERSONAL

Uhm the death of my grandmother who used to live with us this year was really disturbing. Miss her presence in our house.
This was an amazing year at school, very calm and peaceful different than the last year. My class teacher was an absolutely sweet lady, I will really miss her next class. She was awesome.
My closest childhood friend will be leaving next year and I will miss seeing her daily during bus rides to school, I wish her good luck<3
School Spring camp this year was nice, and I enjoyed getting recognized for sports. It was really fun!
[icon]star[/iconRamadan was very hard this year, it was too hot lol but I did ittt
Emotionally it was a roller coaster this year, I made mistakes, regretted, and asked for forgiveness and this was on repeat this year. I understood that being just myself is enough for genuine people to like me. A very nice person was there with me on these emotional rollercoasters and helped me a lot to improve<3

okkk bye bye...see yea next year!
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings