z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:55 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

When Ant came back into the Great Hall, the Members of the Court saw that she had a little bit of her hair cut off.

"Dearest Members of the Court, I have been slaying beasts, but with my head unprotected, thus I lost a bit of my not-very-neat hair. But I have slain enough beasts to claim the helmet which I need. And here is the proof!"
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:41 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

knight momo opened the door, looking around in wonder at the halls she had not walked in three years. she announces,

"after a long and hard battle, during which i forgot to update my knight's log, i claim my full armor and a jousting lance."
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:46 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician was enjoying the comradery of Review Month - everywhere people were displaying banners of dark violet, and dodger blue, and deep pink to boast their reviewing victories - it was a sight to be seen! And with RevMo happening, the Great Hall was bustling with activity - she came into the Hall to see a room full of brave reviewers lined up to collect their wares.

Knight Orabella (@OrabellaAvenue) had a dodger blue bandana tied to her arm with her log of reviews ready to go.

"Knight Orabella, you've been fighting most valiantly and I heard from a reliable raccoon source that you have been doing WONDERFULLY with Team Tortoise for a few moons now too! You are well-deserving of a brand new shield and a new helmet too - you will find both ready to go in the armory!

And look here! It appears that Knight foxmaster (@foxmaster) and Knight LuminescentAnt (@LuminescentAnt) are also ready for a shield too!"

Knight Foxmaster and Knight Ant both had capes of dark violet glistening with the ink of fresh reviews.

"I think you'll find a shield really makes the Green Room foes more manageable!"

Foxmaster excitedly held up their log and did a little dance to the final countdown theme.

"Uh, I think you're also due for a helmet? Don't forget to say which new item you're claiming fox! :)"

Just then Ant held up their log for closer inspection too.

"Oh my! We have not one, not two, but three knights all in need of helmets! I'll get that lined up right away!" - Knight Alliyah said while making some marks on her armory-order-form. Just as she was about to put the form away Knight Momo (@momonster) a seasoned knight well acquainted with the Great Hall happenings came in with a wide-grin across their face - "I'm here to claim my full armor and ... A JOUSTING LANCE... which someone told me I could roast marshmallows on..."

Knight Alliyah started laughing loudly, she hadn't heard that one before, "Well... it'll be your jousting lance, so who am I to disagree, and yes I suppose they are fire-proof, so actually that's not a half-bad idea."

Knight @Liminality, @looseleaf, and @keystrings all looked at each other and then rushed to the Knight Cafe to gather some s'more supplies. By the time they got back Knight @Rinisha and Knight @Spearmint had the indoor grill going.

"Well while these records get filed, lets all enjoy some S'mores, I can't think of better fuel for RevMo - and then, let's get back to the Green Room - reviews and adventures await us! Huzzzah!"

And all the knights shouted back, "HUZZAH!"

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:55 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

I have fought bravely and now I am ready to collect my sword, shield, horse and a shiny helmet. Here is proof of the demons I've slayed Rinisha's Chronicles

116 Reviews

Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:24 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Knight Ant was so happy to have earned the shield and helmet, it was helping her a lot in her knighting endeavors. But there was another thing she needed - which she was going to request as she entered the great hall.

"Members of the Court! I have been venturing from battle to battle by foot, and my feet ache of all the walking. I have slain enough beasts to claim a horse, I believe I will be naming him Pip. (Pusheen's brother's name) Here is my proof! Knight Ant's Anthill"
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

116 Reviews

Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:02 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Ant came back into the Great Hall smiling.

"Members of the Court! I present to you not one, not two, but three items that I have been able to slay the right amount and specific beast for! Here they are:

Firstly, Full Armor! I have slayed ten more beasts, enough to claim full armor so I shall be well protected fully. Here is my proof! Knight Ant's Anthill

I have also collected the rare Badge of the Shrubbery! I have found a beast dating before October 2012 that appears to have been fought by only one Knight! Here is my proof: work/Nargles/Blame-95387#c746481

Finally, I have also collected a Green Girdle! Whilst I was preparing to charge at the beast, a certain feather slayed the beast first, approximately 4 minutes prior. Here is my proof! work/Elinor/The-End-of-the-World-156223#c746561

I wish you all a good day/night!"
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:46 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

After working day and night to slay the beasts of the green room, I find that I have finally accumulated enough gold to buy meself a nice sword and a shiny shield to protect meself from tha beasty claws.

Because I have heard from some of me mateys that a helmet is also very handy and that I should definitely waste my money on a horse, that I think will be called Elvis. Anyway, I also need a full armour that seems to help me not get tired too quickly.

I don't really know what the point of a jousting lance is, but since I have so much spare gold, I think I'll have one, even if it's just for show. Unfortunately, my brother needed me help, so I will have to come back another time to collect my coat of arms.

That will be all, thank ya. I will hear from ya soon, friend.

ps. Here is tha proof of me rich gold bank Lady Rinisha's Chronicles

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:00 pm
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

After disappearing for about three or four years months, Orabella finally returns.

"I must've forgot to record the beasts I've slain, but I have gone back to collect information on the green beasts I have slain. It turns out I have slain enough to earn not one, not two, but three items! I'd like to request a horse, full armor, and a jousting lance!"

"Oh, and here are my records, as proof."

Records of Knight Orabella
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

116 Reviews

Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:48 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

The colossally large double doors of the Great Hall burst open, and there stood Ant in the doorway, gazing at the pillars and paintings of past, great knights lining the walls that she had not seen in more than a month. She touched the intricate carved patterns on the wooden door that she hadn't felt in so long. Since the last time she came in, she seldom slayed any beasts, but she slayed two beasts recently that allowed her to claim an item.

"Members of the Court," Ant declared, her voice echoing, bouncing off the ancient walls of the Great Hall. "In my travels as a knight, I discovered a most wonderful jousting tournament between nights. I very much wanted to join their competition, however I did not possess a lance, so I could not participate. But now, I have slain enough beasts to claim one. I also possess the proof of these slain beasts. I present them to you now!"

Knight Ant's Anthill
- Abraham Lincoln

(she/her)

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:02 am
View Likes
Rose says...

I've gathered the clues that have led me to one of the treasures on the Great Treasure Map, and all I ask now is the honour of being knighted Lady Rose and the sacred key to open the treasure and find the location of my mighty sword, my fierce Maximus, my jousting lance and my full armour topped with the helmet.

I have a long way to go and many clues to find, so wish me luck!

Rose's Enigma Archives
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:44 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander rode in wearing an unseasonable island shirt with a floral pattern with sunglasses draped across their helmet. Several of the knights did a double-take as they entered.

"Well, aloha knights! I wish you abundant apologies upon my extended absence. You see, @SantaYWS invited me on a cruise this Christmas season and then boat got stranded and I had to wait to catch a ride with @KateHardy and their dragon in order to get back, following the beautiful ode of the Golden Goose to find our way back to the Green Room and then the castle here, so it's been a bit of a journey. But I am refreshed and ready to hand out your due rewards! Huzzah!"

Several members of the KotGR Court, including Knights @alliyah, @looseleaf, and @keystrings looked extremely relieved - while keeping track of the armory and lands was one thing, the truth was that with Commander gone, no one else knew exactly how to file the complicated KotGR taxes. They had been in contact with @ReviewBuddy as an emergency accountant, but unfortunately the raccoon could barely count past 15.

The Commander slid into their over-sized armchair near the front of the hall and beckoned for the knights to come near for the proceedings.

Knight @keystrings brought the list of newest weapons, horses, artifacts, and knights.

"We'll do this in an efficient fashion since you all have waited a great deal to receive these.

Knight Rinisha (@AmayaStatham) I am pleased to find you deserving of a sword, shield, horse, helmet, and jousting lance. During my travels I heard many tales of your bravery and diligence, thank you for your contributions to our order!

Knight Ant (@FluorescentAnt) you've been busy and honorable as well! I find you deserving of a steed to aid your travels, a set of Full Armor, and two of our rare findings - Badge of the Shrubbery and the Green Girdle. And alas a jousting lance as well. Huzzah! I will advise you to be careful with the horse you've been assigned, they have a bit of a mind of their own!

Knight Orabella (@OrabellaAvenue) your strong reviewing record is noted! You are well deserving of a horse, full armor, and a jousting lance!

Finally, Squire Rose (@Rose) I could not be more pleased to welcome such a diligent and hard-working knight into our order! You have been a great asset to our AfterWatch mission and now you are now officially a Knight of the Green Room - and are emboldened with all the responsibilities and honors thereof. You are bestowed with this sword, shield, helmet, horse, jousting lance, and full armor to go along with the title! HUZZAH! And well wishes on your reviewing quests!

I can't remember the last time we were able to welcome FOUR new horses to our stables! Knight @Shady will help you get settled in the stables and pick out the right saddle. Some fantastic names have been chosen. Pip, Elvis, Maximus - welcome as official Green Room Horses! Serve your knights well! @OrabellaAvenue, please let us know what you decide to name your steed so the appropriate paper work can be filed.

Now without further ado, let's have a great Huzzah!"

And all the many knights gathered and shouted with one accord Huzzah! A few even found pineapples leftover from some of the Social Month parties to celebrate with. Despite the joy around the room, there was a strange absence of one knight... Knight @Spearmint who hadn't been seen now for a few days... and a suspicious trail of vegetables and cake crumbs leading to the door. But! The Commander was no detective and had much catching up and taxes to do, so that would have to wait for another day.

As the knights chatted and conversed, a sound carried in by the spring breeze struck the Great Hall's windows. A few knights raised their ears, wondering if it was as they thought... perhaps? could it be? the gentle bray of a wild unicorn among the wild forest?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:07 pm
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

I, avianwings47, wish to be bestowed this honorable duty to henceforth be known as a noble Knight of the Green Room. I shalt soon brave the great dangers of the Green Room---armed with nothing more than my own wit and a sword---and slay ten Beasts of the Green. Only then shall I don my Knightly title.
hi

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:09 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Knight Alliyah, Court Magician came forward to bring @avianwings47 a set of training knives "use these wisely! Good luck in the green room, and once you have gathered 10 new green room reviews in your Review Log, let us know here and you will be made a knight! From now on you shall be known as Squire Avian until that day comes. :) HUZZAH!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:29 am
View Likes
herbalhour says...

i, (s)herbert, the poet from the magical lands of Shakespeare to defeat the huns the monsters that have a certain emerald hue
Last edited by herbalhour on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

spotify
NOW PLAYING:
I Think He Knows, Taylor Swift
0:10 ──●───────── 2:55
◁∥ ||PLAY|| // STOP // ∥▷

~l o v e r~

herb/tea/hour! He/She

projects:
5 acts (poetry)
treading through abyss (novel)

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:52 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

"Ah, yes, a name for my gallant - valiant - galliant steed!"

The horse nudged Orabella's arm at it dug into her bag. She didn't seem to notice.

"Spot? No. Victory? No..."

A lime fell out of her bag, and the horse leaned down to look at it. The next moment, it was gone. The horse had eaten it so fast it seemed it had never been there, or at least that's what the other knights had assumed had happened. They couldn't tell for sure. The horse continued to rummage through Ora's bag.

"How about Lime?" one of the knights suggested.

"Hmm? Hmm... Interesting name. I don't know why you thought of that, but sure! This noble steed shall henceforth be known as Lime!"
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451