Young Writers Society

Squills 11/24-12/8/13

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:19 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

THIS WEEK'S ROUNDUP – 11\24
written by: megsug < PM: >

New addition to the dollar menu! Four links for one buck!

NPR has compiled a list of 100 titles that are must-reads for teens everywhere. Some titles are expected like Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. Others are rather obscure. Users have been sharing the number they’ve read. @Lauren2010 has read the most so far:

29! And there were a handful of others that I have on my shelf, or on my Amazon wishlist.

See what books you need to read and tell us how many you can already cross off of your list!

@GriffinClaw is trying out his first contest. He gives you a picture, and you write a story. That’s it. Pretty easy! GriffinClaw tells us about the rewards:

First Place: You will receive three reviews from me, for any piece of your choice, as well as 300 points.
Second Place: You will receive two reviews of your choice, as well as 200 points.
Third Place: You will receive one review of your choice, as well as 100 points.
Everyone else will receive 50 points for participating.

You have until the end of January, so there’s no excuse not to participate! Sign up now!

@Snoink brings another discussion into the SD&D forum about how uncomfortable people feel- men and women- when someone comes onto you with amorous intentions in mind when you don’t want it by introducing a short article. Most of those who’ve posted in the thread have talked about how it’s okay for women to be nervous when men give them unwanted attention. @Amille has her fears about some of these opinions:

I don't like the double standards here.

Others have quickly questioned what she means, but maybe she has a point. Of course, there are so many facets of this subject that have yet to be considered. Be the one to bring it up!

Is your closet door painted like a tardis? Do you know what a tardis is? Do you carry around a sonic screwdriver? Do you think bowties are cool? If you answered yes to any of the above, I’ve found the club for you. I’m sure none of you need to be told who Doctor Who is. For those who don’t know, the Day of the Doctor has already passed, but the club has been abuzz all week. @Killjoy03 is just one example of the Whovian frivolity this week:

2 freakin days!!!!! For the past three days I've been watching all the episodes on BBC America, it's doctor who takeover week!

Have things to talk about Doctor related? Join the club!
Last edited by SquillsBot on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:21 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SHAMELESS PLUGS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

We love to run articles and questions, but we also love to advertise for you. Let people know about your new blog, a poem or story you’re looking for reviews on, or a forum thread you’d like more traffic on through Squills’ Shameless Plugs. PM @SquillsBot with the exact formatting of your advertisement, contained in the following code.

Code: Select all
Place advertisement here. Make sure you include a title!

No Shameless Plugs this week folks! Be sure to send some in soon!
Last edited by SquillsBot on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:21 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SUBSCRIBERS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

Find enspoiler-ed a list of our subscribers!

Spoiler! :
@SquillsBot@Carina@ShadowVyper@ArcticMonkey@Hannah@Dante • @Baal • @VeerenVKS • @megsug • @BlackNether12 • @thewritersdream • @Letiki • @Aley@Rydia@Alpha@skorlir@KnightTeen • @AriaAdams • @neko@Aquila90@DudeMcGuy@kayfortnight@Cole@Blackwood@manisha • @fortis • @HighTop • @cgirl1118@KittyCatMeow • @Strange • @ChocoCookie@carbonCore@Auxiira@Iggy@Blues@Paracosm@Sparkle

Do you, too, want to be enspoiler-ed and receive a personal weekly notification when the Squills newsletter is posted? Shoot a PM over to SquillsBot to let him know, and you'll be pinged along with the next issue!

*cries into coffee*
— LadyLizz