z

Young Writers Society

Darken Private Academy for the Supernatural DT

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:11 pm
Gravity says...

But then what happens if you lose the duel? Also, supernatural powers vs. a sword... plus a lot of the chars don't even have physical powers, they're mental. So like Wren wouldn't hurt a fly, her powers are mostly mental. @Chaser that doesn't make her less able or not good enough to be in a house, it just makes her different.

Maybe we could do it like a sorority/fraternity rush week? Like the leader from each house interviews the prospective candidates and ask them to demonstrate their powers (like a test or a duel if their powers are physical so we could incorporate Chaser's idea) and then whichever houses are interested they would send letters to the candidates and then the candidate would choose from there.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:22 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

It was more about making the pun than an actual suggestion.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:42 pm
Basil says...

What if they do a mental test, you know, given multiple choice answers to questions, and then whichever types of answers they pick determines their house. So since there are four(?) houses, there'd be only four multiple choice answers. And each answer would be linked to each house. Depending on your score determines your house.

Just a suggestion ^^
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:27 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Nice sounding suggestions guys, but I was thinking that the newbies could choose their house. The leaders and those chosen by them try to influence the most talented from the pool of newbies to join their house, but each house is only allowed to take in one quarter of the newbies. At least , that's what I had in mind.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:31 pm
Ciblio says...

guess who forgot to request to join yesterday

whoops :^)
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:36 pm
Gravity says...

@LordZeus the problem with that is there has to be a set number of candidates each thingie can accept. And the thing is if newbies choose can houses turn them away? How do the houses know who is the most talented? Wren may not seem very talented at first because she's quiet and doesn't show off.... That's why I think the rush week idea would be really cool because it allows both the candidates and the houses to choose who they like best.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@LordZeus I actually like that idea too. Grav's got a good point. But whatever you guys want to do, don't think I'm deciding anything here. I wanna know what you guys think!

@GuyFeiri is that what that button does. *Grins like an idiot* I thought it added a "Closed" tag to the SB...

And you know, with such a big cast and me being kinda short on free time, I may need some help managing this. Any volunteers?

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:51 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

@TheFantasy14
I would be honored my long time story booking pal. I interestingly enough do have a lot of time because I don't have school till this fall XD
Last edited by TheForgottenKing on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

271 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:51 pm
Gravity says...

@TheFantasy14 I volunteer as tribute! But I understand you and I have a lot of creative differences (I mean that literally, not that we don't get along) so if you'd rather someone else do it then my feelings absolutely won't be hurt. Personally, if it's not me, I think @LordZeus would be a wonderful candidate because he has so many good ideas. Despite the fact his username is spelled wrong :)

39 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:12 am
LordZeus says...

Hey everyone I'd like you to look once more at page 4 of the day on which is my house post. I have edited it adding a new point called 'Election of a council members' and also now included what house members wear to distinguish themselves from other houses. Please take a look guys!

@Gravity thank you! I'm glad you think that. @TheFantasy14 I'd love to help you manage this SB but I'll be very busy in March so someone might have to fill in for me in that month. But apart from that, I'd love to help!

Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:00 am
TheForgottenKing says...

@LordZeus

I love the idea. I just feel like newbies shouldn't beable to chose their house. Idk, it just doesn't make a good story to me (this is no judgement on your or your writing) I would have to agree with @Gravity. The leaders decide who should be in their house. (Obviously the people who want to be in a certain house get picked) but maybe at the end of a week or something, there's a big ceremony where each house leader calls out those they have chosen to join their house. Anyone doesn't get picked gets tossed into a house (kinda like the Hermes cabin in PJO) idk, it just makes sense to me.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:22 am
Europa says...

Thanks guys for volunteering.
@TheForgottenKing, @Gravity, and @LordZeus, and @HazelGrace16 I'll appoint you as managers. @LordZeus, when March rolls around, just tell me who you want to fill in for you and if they're okay with that, then I'll go ahead and add them.

39 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:37 am
LordZeus says...

@TheForgottenKing how about this then: the leaders are allowed to deny applicants to joi ay first, but they still trying to influence the more talented newbies to join. Anyone who hasn't been accepted into a house at the end of a certain period gets randomly sorted into a house which hasn't already accepted it's full quota of newbies. Work for you?

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:48 am
TheForgottenKing says...

I'm not asking for that jack. Just giving you my honest opinion. Whatever you guys want to do.

271 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:10 pm
Gravity says...

Once again @LordZues how do you measure talent? How would they even know anything about the newbies? That makes no sense. Once again, I'll use Wren for an example. Nobody knows what she can do really same with Mira @jumpingsheep because both chars aren't show offy

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler