z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:56 pm
Sonder says...

@Chaser and @LeftyWriter

I was wondering if we could discuss what Cole and Neon are going to do? When do they sneak off and find the suits? How do they get them home without anyone noticing?

I'm still for them being able to morph with skintight clothing for this reason (suspension of disbelief) but if you guys have a good story for these questions, then I'm all for it. :)

I was wondering if we could create more conflict by having Jinx follow Neon and Cole when they sneak off to find the suits and whatever else? He's a pretty morally straight person, but he's no snitch, and I think he'd also have a sneaking suspicion of the labs. Would it be interesting for him to follow the two other boys and question what they are doing? I'd think it'd create a moral conflict within him and lead to later trust issues within the team. :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:05 pm
Lefty says...

I would be fine with Jinx following them. More conflict is always good fun. :P

As for the suits... I think Chaser had more ideas for them than I do as I was generally against the idea of them having them from the beginning. Also, there's different ways it could be done. It could be this big deal of them sneaking off and maybe being brought back to the group by lab security, or they could just be sitting on a table they pass by and, unrelated to each other, they snatch them. OR in the individual rooms with the chairs, they could each have a stack of them and Coal could grab a stack on his way out while Neon grabs one for himself in his own room. Or technically the lab could just give them to the kids as souvenirs, telling them they're special sun suits or something... allowing them to absorb more Vitamin D or something along those lines.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

254 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:09 pm
Sonder says...

Hmm...I feel like all of those are still kind of stretching it, you know?
~Thoreau

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:16 pm
View Likes
Chaser says...

Nightcrawler, they're skintight suits. There's bound to be some stretching going on.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

93 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:17 pm
Lefty says...

Yeah... I suppose they could sneak off without getting caught... Or when they sneak off Cole could use his skills and pick the lock of a door which lets them into a room with all these suits, like they've been working on them in anticipation of the experiment. Maybe they could even try them on for fun and wear them under their clothes and when they see how comfortable/cool they are, they stuff a few more in their bags and they get caught on their way back to the group?

Not sure what the best option is.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

254 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:20 pm
Sonder says...

I mean, as long as it's written in a believable fashion, I don't care. I just want it to make sense and not seem too convenient. ^-^
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:22 pm
Lefty says...

I agree. I'm all for making everything as believable as possible. Do you have any thoughts on the matter, @Chaser?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 am
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

You guys know how they can compress those towels and t-shirts into small blocks and then when you put them in water they grow to their proper size/form? Maybe this could be the same idea for the suits. Except you don't add them to water, you just unwrap them out of whatever wrapping they were in and it kind of grows to its proper size upon contact with air. They would be small enough to slip into a bag without anyone noticing.

The lab could have a few ones loose and laying around and maybe they try those on. Then they see the packaged ones and they snag those?
~Sun Goddess~

254 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:07 am
Sonder says...

^^^ I like that. The suits would also be sterile and easily portable that way, so it would make sense for the lab to have them in that form.
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 am
Lefty says...

I agree! :D

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:04 am
View Likes
Europa says...

Posted! I would've had it up sooner but I was buisy all afternoon at the orthodontist getting my braces off.

93 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:28 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I loved reading your post, @TheFantasy14. I enjoyed it a lot. I laughed at the Cole & Riley part. :D

P.S. Congrats on getting your braces off!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:46 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Great posts, both of you! :D And congratulations, Fantasy, that's a big deal!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:53 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

Can I just point out, @TheFantasy14, Riley should have a banner you can use to head your posts...
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:56 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Agreed! If you're having trouble with the code, just use this:
Code: Select all
[img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ms4u39.jpg[/img]
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.
— Niels Bohr