Young Writers Society

Rei [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Sheytato, @Lael, @Poopsie, @TheBlueCat, and @Thundahguy thanks for your input! I'm not sure how much swearing Tort has in mind with his post or to what degree. @Lael, even though you don't like swearing, you're definitely alright with it being used if it's a tool to further develop a character? And @TheBlueCat, are there specific mild curse words that you're pretty okay with? (Just so we know what's good and what isn't.) Like before, please enspoiler or censor them if you mention any!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:50 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@saentiel ...That makes it look like I'm so evil to society XD

I didn't plan for swearing at all until that one moment where I realized Nico Ringo prolly didn't care.
She's still not going to use cursing much, except specifically to catch attention, because that's what it does (or for quoting purposes). And even then, I only ever use it when it matters. I, uh, had interesting drama teachers. And interesting lessons on the power of words.
#AllOfThemWereWorthIt
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

@saentiel I actually don't know many but for me any at all is too much. I guess I'll just say please no f-bombs or b-words? If I don't know it, it'll probably just blow over my head anyways. Although I do agree with @Thundahguy with them not really seeming like the type to use swear words. But @Tortwag I'll be fine if you don't end up like those people who swear every other sentence xD You'll be fine.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:10 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheBlueCat Nah, that would be boring. If swearing should ever be used, it should be for genuine emphasis, or comedy, if possible in clever or contextually realistic ways. The only reason why I consider Nico Ringo very much able to use those is because she's the genuine emphasis-type - and also she's Spanish, and for having travelled there... Eeeh let's just say that people are creative in that regard.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:53 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Go ahead guys. Nothing super strong, please.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:35 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lael No worries, m'dear. This first post won't have any, for instance - it was a general question.

Also, I posted! Puck, Ashwin and Erin got dialogue, and Val's got reactions, so, @saentiel, @Sheytato, @Feltrix and @Thundahguy, now's the time to guillotine me if I failed something/should modify something.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:53 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Obviously I can't vouche for the others, but it looked good to me! You nailed Val. :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:21 pm
Mageheart says...

I loved your post, @Tortwag! Puck was definitely in character, and I love reading her interaction with Nico Ringo. @Thundahguy, you're up next!
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:26 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thankies, you two! Glad to know that - we'll see if I portrayed everybody else just as well.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:36 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

I've been away from the computer for a little while. Anyway, as far as swearing goes, I won't swear, but anyone can say basically whatever they want as far as swearing goes. Also, Erin was pretty spot on, Tortwag.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:28 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Gotcha! That's good to know, now I have a basis to keep on nailing them.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:41 am
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

The only real problem I have with Ashwin is that I feel he wouldn't call Nico "Sin", instead opting to just say "Nico Ringo". Maybe he'd call her that in texts, but outside he'd be more formal. Other than that, he seems fine.

40 Reviews

Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:30 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Thundahguy Let's change that, then, shall we?

EDIT: Edited out a name mention in the first case since it didn't feel natural, though managed to placed it after the discussion with Keira. I'm pretty sure it works better now. Thanks for mentioning it, m'dear! From there, I should be fine.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:00 am
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

Finished my part. Ended up with a more comedic tone. My own novel Mage + Immortal uses Latin for spells, so I'm used to horrible translations. If I've butchered your character somehow, or Google tries to hunt us down for its use, let me know.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:36 pm
Mageheart says...

Great post, @Thundahguy! I love how they tried using Google translate - it never works as well as you hope it will. @Sheytato, you're up next!
mage

queer and here.

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight