z

Young Writers Society

LSS: Once Upon A Time OOC

290 Reviews

Reviews: 290
Wed May 22, 2024 9:53 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Welcome to the OOC thread for Once Upon A Time, where we explore a world where fairytale creatures and characters exist peacefully together... or so it seems.

Storybook Thread

@JazzElectrobass @LuminescentAnt @Inferno
Last edited by EllieMae on Sun May 26, 2024 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu May 23, 2024 11:18 pm
View Likes
Inferno says...

Hi! I'm not exactly sure if this is the place we're planning, and everything,(if it's not, please direct me to the right spot) but I'm just spouting some random ideas.
So, I was thinking... the four magical items could come together in some cool, plot-twisty way. Something where all of them have intertwining histories, maybe. Like, not just a bunch of random magical objects that have nothing to do with each other, you know? I'm just not entirely sure how to do that, or how to connect the objects with each characters' story. Any further ideas or opinions would be great! (also, I'm literally racking my brain on all the fairytale stories... can't decide my character yet...)
An apple a day keeps the doctor away... if you throw it hard enough.

"Savvy?"

Why is the rum always gone...

290 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2024 11:26 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Hey Inferno!! Okay so did you get the PM with the WFP link?? That's where we are doing most of the planning but also feel free to ask anything here too!!

To answer your question about rhyme schemes in poetry, that is totally up to you! Sure, it is a poetry RP but you can do whatever style you want, paragraphs, in verse, etc. It totally doesn't need to rhyme (that would be super hard for me haha).

So for the magical items I am letting each person come up with their own. For my character, it is to find "the most hated person in the land". So it is really up to you and your story. I find that it would be nice to have the items have significance out maybe be a result of your journey or your character discovering something. Totally up to you!!
”Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards (so you might as well do Duolingo ).”

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

290 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2024 7:12 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Only two more days! How is everyone's planning going?

@Inferno I saw you have decided on your character and your magic item! I love the apple idea. Looking awesome so far :D

@LuminescentAnt how are things going for you??

@JazzElectrobass I have seen your planning in the pad and it looks super great!! Have you decided on an item?

I have decided on my character and item.

I would love to know your character names/items before the RP starts.

^^I will be making a starting post getting stuff rolling in the SB. It will be a "narrator" post telling the prophecy that will include your characters name and their object. Narrator will be one of my characters who will pop in every once in a while. Please do not interact with this character. Just ignore them XD Then we can each begin telling our own individual tales. Please reach out to another group member and get their permission before crossing over/interacting with their story in any way. I am seeing this be more of an independent type of roleplay, but feel free to interact as much as you wish!!

Remember, this is poetry, but don't let that stop your creativity. If writing in paragraphs is what you feel inspired to do that day, do that! Or if you want to write in verse, song, rhyme, another style, go for it!!!

You may see other occasional narrator posts from me in the SB, just to summarize some of what has happened with each of our characters. I will do this to keep things rolling and keep us all caught up. Since it seems like there will be 4 of us, that will be 625 words per week. But please be active in this thread and update if you write more/less :D

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

290 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2024 7:15 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Oh also!! Let's get our characters posted in the SB by the 27th! I will try and get mine in today and tomorrow.

@Inferno (or anyone!), if you need any help with this, please let me know and I am so happy to help :)

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Sun May 26, 2024 5:42 pm
View Likes
NadyaStatham says...

Hey @EllieMae , I'd love to join, but I'm afraid I won't be a consistent writer. If you have a back-up lifeguard I would be happy to join. ^^

If you want someone more consistent and someone with better poetry skills, 'cause I'm crappy ;( I get that. Don't feel bad for saying no, alright?

290 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 6:49 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Awe, thanks so much for your message, @AmayaStatham :D To be honest, lots of us in the RP are not the most experienced with YWS role-plays, so we are all taking it slow and learning together. We would love to have you no matter what, even if you just write a few words, that's better than nothing! We would love to have you as a crew mate or any role you'd like!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Sun May 26, 2024 6:55 pm
View Likes
NadyaStatham says...

Okiedo. Thank you so much for giving me a chance! <333 If I could that the link to the planning pad, I'll try to get my character up as fast as possible. I've very excited to see where this is going to take me XD.

290 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 6:56 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

YAYYYYYYY WE HAVE A FULL CREW!!!! I will PM that to you right now :D

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

Reviews: 3
Sun May 26, 2024 6:58 pm
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

YAY! Welcome to the crew :D
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

290 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 7:05 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

I messaged this to Amaya, but for all crew members just a general bit of info

Let me give you a quick run down of how we are doing the roleplay:

Each member of the crew is retelling or making their own fairytale. We each have a character and a magical item. Together, all of the magical items will lift a curse that if going to destroy the whole world! We will mostly be telling out own stories, but you can totally interact with others if you have their permission.

I have my own fairytale, but I am also playing the role of the narrator. I will be making the first SB post tomorrow, posting the prophecy and intro to the world. The narrator is not a character who can be interacted with. No need to rush, but I am hoping to have at least the name of everyones character and their magical item by tomorrow :)

And it is a poetry based RP, but don't let that limit what you write. Feel free to write in whatever shape or form brings you the most joy!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

290 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 7:11 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Now that there are 5(?) of us, that should be 500 words per person per week. But we can be super flexible! If you know you can write way more or less one week, just keep this thread updated on that :) even if you can only write a sentence, that is still enough and we are so glad to have you here!!!! Don't feel pressured to have super long amazing posts. Just do what makes you happy and what works best for YOU!

Just one final check in before we begin tomorrow!! I will be making the first post in the SB hopefully tomorrow as the Narrator :D

A couple of us have posted our characters and I know the others are busy getting those ready, so awesome work team!

@LuminescentAnt just a small little poke making sure you are still interested? If not, no worries at all but we would love to have ya on the crew!!!!

Jazz, I see you posted your character!! And I know that Amaya and Inferno are working on those right now!! I got my main OC posted, but I will be adding one more for the narrator. I would love to have your character names and magical items by tomorrow. No worries if you need more time to plan everything else and get them posted.

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun May 26, 2024 9:08 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Yes I am still in! :) Sorry I will sort out my character and story and everything tonight! So sorry it's late, but I will be sure to get that in.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

290 Reviews

Sun May 26, 2024 9:19 pm
View Likes
EllieMae says...

Yay!!! Absolutely no worries at all :D Can't wait to see what you come up with <3333 We have got a full crew!

Was ailah2005
Then AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon May 27, 2024 12:07 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Quick question - what do I put for the "shipping" and "their tale" section in the character profile?
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time