z

Young Writers Society

Choices made and in the making

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:48 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

I didn't know that we have to create a thread for this. It's really my first NaPo so I hope we all have a productive journey together!

My aim is to write 20 poems this month, though I don't know if I could do it.
Last edited by kattee on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

81 Reviews

Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
Here's my very first entry! Also, am I attaching the images correctly?

1.png
1.png (57.02 KiB) Viewed 397 times

2.png
2.png (54.29 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Last edited by kattee on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You're definitely attaching them correctly! You can also use this code down below, if you already have the link for the image:

Code: Select all
[img]link goes here[/img]

I really love your poem, by the way! I can't exactly describe how it makes me feel, but it has a beautiful, formal-esque style to it that I really love.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:27 am
View Likes
mckaylaam says...

I love your writing style, keep up the great work! :)

--
"And I love the thought of being with you,
or maybe it's the thought of not being so alone."

81 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:34 am
View Likes
kattee says...

so this is my napowrimo contest submission and I just wanted to share it in here too...

I thought the deadline was this saturday night, until I saw the date and the timezone. I wrote this just two hours ago -- send help.

I haven't been here much and I'm sorry. It's just that NaNoWriMo took a toll in me. But I promise to be more active here. I'm really sorry my napo buddies. :( :(

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.28.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 8.24.28 AM.png
Last edited by kattee on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Have a lovely day❤️

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:48 am
View Likes
mckaylaam says...

Great job on your latest poem, Katteex! I loved all of it, and the line that I loved the most was "I'm foolish because she was me". It definitely caught me by surprise and made the poem that much more interesting.

Also, I totally understand not being as active and having writing take a toll on you! You seem to be doing your best and that is all anybody can ask for. As for the "deadline" you mentioned, though, I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to - feel free to PM me about that so we can work out any confusion that might be on either of our ends. Overall your writing has been really great so I hope to see more from you soon whenever you get the chance! :)

--
"And I love the thought of being with you,
or maybe it's the thought of not being so alone."

81 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:06 am
View Likes
kattee says...

Oh. oops. I meant it was for the napowrimo poetry contest. I was so shocked when it said April 10: 10pm PDT and saw that it was already 4pm on that timezone

I had to force myself to wake up and write haha

Have a lovely day❤️

81 Reviews

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:46 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
Just adding a simple poem that revolves around the idea of death. I don't know what's a suitable title for it so I just didn't put one haha.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (44.42 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Last edited by kattee on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have a lovely day❤️

81 Reviews

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:38 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
So I tried doing a haiku... It's somehow related to the theme of my poem prior to this.

Haiku 1.0.png
Haiku 1.0.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Last edited by kattee on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have a lovely day❤️

81 Reviews

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:25 am
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
So I found this new font in gdocs and I'm loving it! I think I'll be using it for the rest of the poems I'll be writing for NaPo

In cowardly avoiding sinking, I sunk .png
In cowardly avoiding sinking, I sunk .png (59.23 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Have a lovely day❤️

81 Reviews

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:07 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
I edited all my posts so that the pictures are formatted in the center cuz why not? It looks better that way.

So here is my first ever COVID-19 inspired poem...Please scroll down the attachment cuz there's more in it. I don't know why the pictures I post are always like this, sorry:(

I will live.png
I will live.png (62.65 KiB) Viewed 281 times

Have a lovely day❤️

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I I meant to keep up with your thread, but I completely forgot what the name of it was - when I got the notifications for it, I thought it was an old thread in the lounge that someone had started posting in. I'm sorry for falling so behind!

I really do love your writing style. I said it back in my first reply, but it has a feeling to it that I can't quite describe. I especially love the poem you submitted to the contest - it feels like you're building the lines up towards something. :)
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:14 am
View Likes
kattee says...

Thank you so much :)) @jaybird And don't worry about it! I understand, besides I saw your post about having so much reqs these days? I can really relate with that so you don't really need to be compelled to catch up all the time! We all have our priorities :)

Have a lovely day❤️

81 Reviews

Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:16 am
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
Destiny, fate, or plain circumstances: they are the variables that provides us the options hence, the choices we make are circumscribed by their oozing existence.

P.S. So I tried experimenting on my writing and I tried out this kind of style...

When You're Casted By Destiny.png

Have a lovely day❤️

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I love your last poem! I'm always a sucker for destiny-related works, and your poem was no exception. I especially love all of the imagery you used - it really made your poem come alive.
mage

queer and here.

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica