Young Writers Society

LZ's Land of Reviews

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:58 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

LZ's Land of Reviews

Welcome, YWS person! Welcome to the Land of Reviews! As the forum's name suggests, you can request reviews here. I'm trying to get back into reviewing, so hopefully you guys can help me!

Things I Will Review

-Poetry
-Short Stories (under 3,000 words)
-Chapters. I will review any chapter of your book as long as I can understand it without reading the chapters before it!
-ESSAYS. I. Love. Essays.
-Scripts. I've never reviewed scripts before, but I'm willing to try.

Things I Won't Review

-Lyrics. UNLESS it can also be read as a poem, I will not review lyrics.
-Anything 18+
-Anything mentioning sexual assault of any kind. I can handle gore, murder, and other things, but I can not and will not review sexual assault.
-Anything with more than three good reviews. You can request a review on something with more than three reviews, but if I deem all of it's reviews good, I will not review it.

My Reviews

Poetry:
-Fog by silverquill12
-Life by nanda

Novel Chapters:
-Above Sector 1 by Linguistic
-Sleepless Ch.4 by dahlia58

Essay:
-Soot and Slipper Review by AnoCannotUsername

At the moment, I can't find any of my reviews on other topics. Feel free to look through my profile to find them! If you would like me to look at and review a specific thing (spelling, characters, formatting, etc.) I will, but if I find something that needs more work than the thing you specified, I will include that as well. Alright, I'm off to review, please request!
Last edited by looseleaf on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:49 am, edited 13 times in total.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:04 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Heya Lucy,

If you're still looking for things to review, I'm writing a novel... Chapters Two and Three are still in the Green Room, so if you wanted to review either of those, it would be greatly appreciated! Since you said you prefer to start on Chapter One I'll link to there, but they're all in the same folder so take your pick where you'd prefer to start A Fleeting Eternity - Chapter One

Thank you~

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

Hi Lucy!

I'm writing this crossover fan-fiction series right now called "A Scandal in Gotham." I've uploaded three chapters/issues by the now. I think I'll finish the story off in about #8 chapters in total, or less, don't know yet. The chapters won't be all be consistent in size. I'm also trying to improve things every next chapter, so the reviews matter a lot to me.

If you'd be interested in reading ASiG, you can start with #1. But I think #3 kind of works as a stand-alone too. You can judge for yourself.

Excelsior!

~MAS
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

142 Reviews

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:03 pm
looseleaf says...

@MeherazulAzim16

Is it OK if I have never watched any DC/Gotham stuff? Or will I not understand this?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:52 am
View Likes
Miraculor77 says...

Hi Lucy! I'm writing a novel called Code: Delete, and have 16 chapters out so far. You don't have to review it, but I thought I'd put it out there, seeing that you still need your third star. Here's the link to the first chapter:
Chapter 1: Gone

And here's the link to the portfolio folder where I keep the chapters:
profile/Miraculor77/portfolio/474462
The most recent chapter is at the top, and the rest are in numerical order.

Please reply to this comment or PM me if you decide not to review, or if a link doesn't work.

- Mira
I'd rather die than live without passion.
- Jungkook

I do reviews: Reviews by Mira

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 am
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

LZPianoGirl wrote:@MeherazulAzim16

Is it OK if I have never watched any DC/Gotham stuff? Or will I not understand this?

I think it's ok. The first chapter may be a bit harder to follow (or not), but I think things will make sense in context.

But it's alright too if you don't like it/aren't into it, thus don't want to review.
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

142 Reviews

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:48 pm
looseleaf says...

Great! I'll start reading and reviewing both of your novels soon!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:04 pm
View Likes
CassieList says...

Hey Lucy, im Lonely Pootato and wanted to know if you'd like to review my "Entrys" (i only have one so far) called Entry 1/?: Little Miss Horror Show

Thanks, LP :D

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm
looseleaf says...

@Cassie_List - I'm a bit behind on reviews, but I'll try to get it done by the end of the month!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:12 pm
View Likes
CassieList says...

LZPianoGirl wrote:@Cassie_List - I'm a bit behind on reviews, but I'll try to get it done by the end of the month!

Np its all good!
lp was here :)

she/they

"Most opportunities are created by luck. It takes skill to grasp those opportunities and turn it into success." -Technoblade

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:39 am
View Likes
polishcommonwealth says...

Hello, Lucy! I have two chapters for you to review and just have your thoughts. Chapter One---Alternate History of Poland and Turkey and Chapter Two----Alternate History of Poland and Turkey. I mainly would like to see if you can follow things well in the story. Thank you! I hope you like them!

142 Reviews

Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:09 pm
looseleaf says...

Hey @polishcommonwealth. I am quite busy, and other people have asked me to review chapters of their book. If it is OK with you, I will try to review your work soon, at least by the end of the month! Sorry, but I will make sure to review your chapters; it sounds interesting.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:25 pm
polishcommonwealth says...

No worries!

142 Reviews

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:11 pm
KateHardy says...

Hey LZ,

Are you still accepting reviews?
If so could you take a look at my novel:
The Sorcerers of Hisderat, Chapter 1

It only has two chapters at the moment and the first chapter probably has enough reviews by now but I want a few more for Chapter 2.
Thanks in advance.

And Good Luck with your goal of doing 55 reviews by the end of the month. I'm personally targeting about 140 more for the next 14 days myself.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke