z

Young Writers Society

Nominations Area Makeover

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat May 15, 2010 12:00 am
Nate says...

After a whole lot more work than I anticipated, the Young Writers Society now has a newer and much better Nominations area. You'll find it under the Community tab.

Subsequently, the nominations forum is now closed. All nominations must from now on be made through the Nominations area. Now, as a result of this, any currently open nominations will have to be entered again. This should be only a minor, and brief, inconvenience.

For the most part, I think the Nominations area is pretty straightforward. However, if you find any part of it confusing, please let me know here. The same goes if you encounter any bugs.

Note to Mods/JMs: The moderators area for this is not yet set up, but it is coming.

Edit
Also, a new requirement has been added to the Reviewer II badge. Namely, you must have at least one nomination from a mod, or have two nominations from either a JM or someone who already has the Reviewer II badge.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat May 15, 2010 12:11 am
Elinor says...

One word: AWESOME.

Edit: When we receive a nomination for a badge, will we be notified?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sat May 15, 2010 12:28 am
Mr.Knightley says...

Okay, at first, I was flipping out because my number of nominations was completely wrong, but now I feel better. xD Hopefully people will remember to re-nominate me. ;) *is greedy*

Overall, though, this is so much better! I think you'll be seeing a lot more traffic in that area than before. Can't wait to start nominating! :D
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 am
Rosendorn says...

So JMs will have access to this too? Awesome!
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 am
Kale says...

*flails at the awesomeness*

It's so much easier to use than the forums set up (and more obviously placed). I also really like how you can see how many times you've been nominated. :D

So yes. Awesomeness! :D
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun May 16, 2010 2:10 am
Jiggity says...

D:

I had nominations! Now they are gone. :(

This makes me a sad panda.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 am
Lava says...

There there, Sad Panda.
I'll nominate you. :)
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 16, 2010 3:44 am
Snoink says...

Yay! This makes me happy.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun May 16, 2010 4:18 am
Nate says...

Thanks all.

Also, updated the original post with a new requirement regarding the Reviewer II badge.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun May 16, 2010 4:30 am
Jiggity says...

I like this new requirement.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

1272 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 12:33 pm
Rosendorn says...

I, also, like this new requirement.

*Goes on a renomination spree to get my votes back in the system* :P (Everybody has to do that, btw)

EDIT- Would it be humanly possible to make it so you couldn't nominate somebody for the Reviewer 2 badge if they didn't already have the Reviewer 1 badge? I just put a nomination in the wrong forum. :oops:

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 16, 2010 1:15 pm
Elinor says...

Question: I just got five nominations for the badge, but none of them were reviewer II, JMs, or mods. If they back it up before they approve me, can I still get the badge? Or will it be null and I will have to be re-nominated?

-- Walt Disney

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sun May 16, 2010 1:23 pm
AquaMarine says...

Elinor Brynn wrote:Question: I just got five nominations for the badge, but none of them were reviewer II, JMs, or mods. If they back it up before they approve me, can I still get the badge? Or will it be null and I will have to be re-nominated?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess just nothing happens until a moderator, two JMs or receivers of the Reviewer II badge nominate you?
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

1272 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 1:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

Pretty sure Amy's right. You won't get the badge until you get one vote from a mod or two from a JM/somebody with a Reviewer 2 badge. So your votes count, and as soon as you have the votes missing you'll get it.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 16, 2010 1:28 pm
Elinor says...

Okay, thanks. That helps.

-- Walt Disney

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart