z

Young Writers Society

YWS Has An Online Book Store

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:13 pm
AquaMarine says...

So, if this does get set up for England, then does this thing work for Amazon gift cards? I mean, does it work in the same way: so does YWS get profits from it?
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Blink says...

Now that's awesome! I usually buy a few books or games or CDs or whatever off Amazon each month, so if you do add Amazon UK it certainly won't be wasted. =]

I'll just go and nick my dad's credit card or something, brb.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 pm
Ross says...

I'm a big music listener as of now, and since Snoink brought up the mp3 thing, I thought I'd throw in some music choices I would recommend.

Here We Go Again - Demi Lovato (She's an amazing singer. Plus, she's been an inspiration to my lyrics-writing.)

Urban Angel - Natalie Walker (This album pretty much defines what "urban" music should sound like, instead of the rap littering the radio waves now.)

All We Know Is Falling - Paramore (Simply rockin'.)

The Story - Brandi Carlile (One of my favorite CDs to date.)

And then, I must not forget books!

"The Distance Between Us" by Bart Yates.

"To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:31 pm
Nate says...

Please no more recommendations at this point. I'm still trying to catch up with the ones already made!

Aqua: I believe so. Keep in mind that this is really just a fake store-front for Amazon. And indeed, when you go to check out, you're taken to Amazon.

Mark: Good to know! I'll go about adding it soon then.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 pm
Firestarter says...

That's great if you add a UK version, I'll certainly remember to use YWS Book store from now on.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:06 pm
ballerina13 says...

Picks:
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. A classic. Shows the hidden wonders and simple times of the Civil War era.
The Letter Writer by Ann Rinaldi. Quick read and will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Peter Pan by James M. Barrie. Makes you believe that you could always be a kid at heart. :D
~Ballerina
Got YWS?
"No one can arrive from being talented alone,work transform talent into genius" - Anna Pavlova

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm
Elinor says...

ballerina13:

Nate wrote:Please no more recommendations at this point. I'm still trying to catch up with the ones already made!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

This is epically awesome, Nate. And I'll be expecting that UK version, because to order from America to here gets too expensive. Plus, I had a list of books I'd meaning to get =D
Last edited by *writewatiwant* on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

I think I may go ahead and add versions for the UK, Canada, and Australia later on today or tomorrow. They'll be fairly similar, but without the YWS Handpicked section just because it'd take too long to add those books to each and every one.

I think it'll go to amazon.co.uk, from that post. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 am
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

My life
is now
complete.
And now I'm finally gonna start using my gift card! =D

It'd be great to see American Gods and Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman in the YWS picks!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:28 am
Snoink says...

Purchasing textbooks has never been more fun! :D

Also! Add that Nonfiction section. ;)

EDIT: As another thought, what if you add a "store" tab on the black line linking to both the bookstore and the cafepress store? More traffic ftw!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 am
Nate says...

Ok, added the UK version. Is there any support for Canadian and Australian versions?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:19 am
Adnamarine says...

Will it work if you buy used copies?

I agree about giving it it's own tab as well!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

425 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:41 am
Nate says...

I'm not quite sure, Adna. When you buy used copies, you're always buying it from a third party; Amazon is just facilitating the transaction.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:59 am
dasiamari says...

Twilight
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault