z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 am
fireheartedkaratepup says...

This chat is seriously terrible. It doesn't load half the time, and sometimes when it does, all I can see is a blank screen. I can type things and send messages, but I can't see what anyone's saying, which makes chat rather, ah, useless. It frequently kicks people out, and randomly tells me I'm not connected.

I'm using Rockmelt, and occasionally the issue's resolved when I switch to another browser, but it's really a coin-toss. There's no guarantee switching will make things work. This doesn't make sense to me--at all--because the last chat had loads more features and no problems at all. Shouldn't it be the other way around? This chat seems like it's a bare-bones sorta thing, stripped down to the bare necessities of a chatroom. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just what it looks like from here.

Sorry for the long complaint and I should've come forward sooner. I was sorta hoping things would, y'know, start working properly. Apparently not.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 am
noninjaes says...

The trick for the loading is to refresh a couple of times. (Usually once works). If you get a black screen, try /join The Lounge or whatever the main chatroom is called.

The random "kicking out" I think is just it disconnecting after a period of non-activity. The random "not connected" message I don't know about.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 am
Wherethewindgoes says...

Hallo.
I'm not sure this is too important, but recently when I post a review and try to edit it, after clicking "submit edit", my post goes away and is replaced by

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at li364-117.members.linode.com Port 80

and when I refresh the page, this goes away and is returned to how my post was before I tried to edit it.
This seems to be specific to each review; reviews either will always say that or never. I first noticed it on this, and since it has happened a couple more times. I went through each review and discovered that this happens if I try to edit any of these:

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99506#comments (which is from before the first one I noticed it on)
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99705#c350011
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99583#c350047
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99655#c350051
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99599#c350114
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99617#c350209
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99911#c350321

which are about a third of the reviews I've posted.
Also, when I tried to edit this, I got

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 35: htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument

And then when I refreshed the page my review disappeared (and didn't come back).

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this, or if it's that important, but I thought I should report it.
Also:
Browser: Chrome (I'm not sure how to find out the version; it's the latest one, I think)
Operating System: Windows XP
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.

A review?

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 am
noninjaes says...

I'm not quite sure what happened, but earlier today on a different computer, I logged into YWS and joined a review team. I was put in red. When I logged in now, I had to re-join one and was put into yellow.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm
Wherethewindgoes says...

noninjaspresent wrote:I'm not quite sure what happened, but earlier today on a different computer, I logged into YWS and joined a review team. I was put in red. When I logged in now, I had to re-join one and was put into yellow.

The same thing happened to me; I was put in red and then had to join a different team. I even posted on the wall, and my post disappeared. Also, you did show up on red when I joined, so you were registered on there for a time.
But if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too.

A review?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 pm
StellaThomas says...

Browser- Mozilla Firefox
Time problem occurred- 22.17 GMT, 21/2/13
A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?- On this page: profile/TheWaywordWriter/portfolio/458670 Wayword requested reviews on pieces so I went to their portfolio to find them. However, while I can see the novel folder and the one piece in the novel folder, when I click on others, the page seems to load but remains on the novel page, with the novel piece still present. I can't seem to access either of the other folders. I believe this also happened to me on Griffinkeeper's portfolio. However, my own portfolio I can access perfectly.
Your operating system- Windows 7.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 pm
Kale says...

Editing a Club's description reveals all the BBcode.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm
veeren says...

Browser: Google Chrome
Time: 3:27 EST 2/23/13
Description: When trying to save a draft for a work, I get this error:

Spoiler! :

Operating System: Windows 7
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Veeren ->> Thanks for reporting. Now fixed.

Kyllorac ->> I'll get that fixed tonight.

Stella ->> I'll get that fixed either tonight or this weekend.

Wherethewindgoes / noninjaspresent ->> I was making updates to the Review Teams, and it required me to completely wipe the data a couple times.

On the edit review bug, I'll get that fixed before Review Day starts.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm
NoirLumiere says...

My outbox won't open. It just gives me this:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 [1064]

What does this mean?
"We all have perceptions of ourselves that others may find untrue or inaccurate."
-NoirLumiere

425 Reviews

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

It means that you need to check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')'. ;)

Fixed.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:49 am
Payne says...

Browser: Firefox 13, I think
Time: 9:49 PM Central Time (-6:00) 2/23/13
Description: I was just checking through the 'All Members' section of the People tab, and I came upon this:

bug1.png
bug1.png (9.05 KiB) Viewed 215 times

I haven't read or Liked either of the topics listed (in fact I disagree with the totalitarian one, haha) so this kinda freaked me out...I guess it's a bug?

EDIT: It seems to have righted itself.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm
Aley says...

I have been having trouble accessing the Writer Feed Pads. I have been asking around and other people have the same problem. I'm on Firefox, Windows 7. I have tried cleaning out my cookies etc. to see if that helps but it has failed me.

I asked Audy, SparkofDoubt and another mod if they could access WriterFeed Pads as well, and they could not.

425 Reviews

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

WriterFeedPad should be working fine now. Let me know if there are any further issues.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm
Blues says...

I don't think this should be showing in the activity feed :)

It doesn't seem to be too much of a problem, but I thought you should be aware...

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words