z

Young Writers Society

Beauty and the Beast

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:54 am
Snoink says...

What do you think would happen if Gaston actually married Belle? How would their married life be?

Last edited by Snoink on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:08 am
Areida says...

Wow... creepy... D'you think she'd ever put him in his place?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:51 am
Shriek says...

Haha, for serious? Could that actually ever happen? They (meaning Gaston and his cronies) would probably have to tie Belle down and torture her before they got her to consent. Or Gaston would have to have a major personality makeover... maybe lose his hair and his teeth--and with that, his pride.

Oooooh. Or, maybe it could be kind of Tess of the D'Urbervilleesque and she'd have to marry him because her family was in need of money or something. Even though she hated him...?

Wow, I am looking too deep into this.
Maybe the entire universe as we know it would be altered because of this outlandish marriage! Ahah...
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:01 pm
Fishr says...

Wow... creepy... D'you think she'd ever put him in his place?
More like take his gun, and shoot 'em. I could totally see that happening.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:22 pm
Elizabeth says...

The Beast would have died.
That clock would have died.
The candle would have died.
The teapot would have died.
The cup would have died.
The father would have died.

Gaston would become a drunk and Belle the mother of 7 in a small shack where squirrels are plentiful: Come spring.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:41 pm
Just Imagine says...

I would have the different lyric for the Theme Song partition. "both lit-tle scared~ both unprepared~ Beauty and Gaston~" With Gaston singing along with Belle
Courage may blossom in quiet hearts,
For who can tell where bravery starts?
For truth is a song, oft lying unsung

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:18 pm
Areida says...

Ewwww... That is so wrong. Because honestly, I can't see Gaston singing anything sweet and loving; he's too much of a swine.

I like fishr's idea. :lol:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:25 pm
Crysi says...

Well, they'd have good-looking kids...

*blinks* Whaaat?
Love and Light

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:22 am
Snoink says...

Shriek wrote:Oooooh. Or, maybe it could be kind of Tess of the D'Urbervilleesque and she'd have to marry him because her family was in need of money or something. Even though she hated him...?

Wow, I am looking too deep into this.

Ah, well, it's fun to think about nevertheless! :) And don't be afraid to look in it deeply. I was considering to put this in the serious discussion forum but... er... I don't think the reception would be good.

But really. If Belle's dad didn't get lost in the woods, Belle's position would be bleak. Think about it! Her father is an outlandish character at best. Although they obviously love each other very much, he would never be successful. Even with that wood choping device, they would never be rich. Or should I say, especially because of that chopping device?

Come on... a crazy old man that lives in his own fantasy world and then comes up with this device (presumedly steam-powered). What would the implications be of that economically? Most likely, people would be against that technology since it seemingly has no human involvement. And while Belle and Maurice could stand lack of human involvement (look at both their reactions with the animated household objects) none of the others in the town would be for it.

And even if, for some strange reason, they did accept that part of the equation, then there are other factors. The noise. The pollution. Would this really be a time-saving device or not? I'll leave that up to you to decide.

And then religiously, there are definitely some problems. Belle and Maurice seem to be agnostic. Okay. But they supposedly live in a French town where there aer still princes. More likely than not, the town is mostly composed of Roman Catholics. And, in the day and age where this is taking place, making something that is supposed to replace human involvement might as well be labeling yourself for excommunication. A big no-no.

By almost getting killed, Maurice did himself a favor. Otherwise, they would be in such a finacial crisis. With that said, it can be assumed that Belle would have to marry out of that crisis to a respectable man, and because of her family connections, she doesn't have much choice in the matter. Since Gaston seems fairly well-liked in the community, he is definitely a contender. Whether maritial felicity would be present in their marriage is another question...

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

365 Reviews

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:19 am
Fishr says...

The Beast would have died.
That clock would have died.
The candle would have died.
The teapot would have died.
The cup would have died.
The father would have died.

Gaston would become a drunk and Belle the mother of 7 in a small shack where squirrels are plentiful: Come spring
I laughed my ass off after I read that, especially the squirrels are plentiful in the spring.

Personally, if I was Belle, I rather hug a tree then be within a 5 inch radius of Gaston. And I never thought he was actually 'good-looking.' I swear that chin is genetically mutated. He could probably play miniture golf, it's so long. Who needs a club, right?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:29 am
Snoink says...

fishr wrote:Personally, if I was Belle, I rather hug a tree then be within a 5 inch radius of Gaston. And I never thought he was actually 'good-looking.' I swear that chin is genetically mutated. He could probably play miniture golf, it's so long. Who needs a club, right?

Wouldn't you want to be near this hunk???

Crysi? I think you need better glasses.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:46 am
Crysi says...

Actually, I do. I just haven't been out to look at frames yet, so my prescription is like five years old, lol.

Anyway.

My excuse is that I haven't actually seen the movie in a long time and didn't see the pics earlier (if you had them posted), so... there.

Besides, Kevin's WAY cuter.

Er.... yeah.
Love and Light

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm
Duskglimmer says...

:shock: Belle? Marry Gaston? *pulls out shot gun to hunt down Gaston* NEVER!

and as for calling Gaston a hunk: Muscles nice, but the chin is plain creepy, and from that last picture it looks like he got a really badly done fake tan.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

365 Reviews

Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:21 am
Fishr says...

Wouldn't you want to be near this hunk???

Hey, look! Two golf clubs! How sweet is that? :P

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:46 am
ZZAP says...

^ you are just jealous

Hmmm... A brunette? I doubt I would ask her out, unless she sang to me at night. Plus! That guy has no where near the amount of looks as I have, so he would never have been in that situation to begin with. But that d*** coo-coo machine placed fate into motion, preventing me from seeing her on the way to town. D***, I would make the birds chirp and the kitties purr. But I guess that's her problem, afterall, who DOES live happily ever after?

~Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

Alexa, are there European frat boys
— Carina