Social Month 2023

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:39 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

February 13th
Week 2

It's #SocialMonth and we've got another write-in here for you! Come and join~ whether it's to chat, write, or hang-out.
Remember that all YWS rules apply and to properly rate your section if you're working on a writing project that would need to be rated if posted on the site.

To participate, just click that link below! I'm actually going to steal @tatteredbones ' write-in link for this <.< hope that's okay!

tatteredbones wrote:pls join
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:08 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

February 13th
Week 2

In addition to the write-in we're hosting today for #SocialMonth today is #ResourceShoutout day! :D Give a shoutout to your favorite writing resource, whether that's one in the YWS knowledge base or an article / tip you love from offline, give a shoutout and share the those resources! :)

1227 Reviews

Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:34 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

It's Valentine's Day / Friendship Day!

What better way to wrap up Community Week's portion of Social Month than with a Friendship Day! Share some love with your fellow YWSers by joining in the hashtags #ShareACompliment or #ShareAGif!

Appreciate someone's reviews, kindness, humor, or talents? To participate in Friendship Day compliment a YWSer on their wall, or your wall, or share a gif that reminds you of them. Have fun and thank you for participating this week! AND THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

Remember you can still earn badges by logging your participation too.

1227 Reviews

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:20 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Social Month | Poetry-Party Week

We had a blast writing along with the Storybookers and Roleplayers with RP Crew and then joining in the different activities Res/Community Crew had to offer. This week, join your friends from Poetry Crew for a week-long Poetry Party! That's right, a week of poetry fun! If you want to host a poetry jam during the week you can share the link over in the Poetry Jam Club and watch the People Tab for fun hashtags and challenges throughout the week - open to all poetic abilities.

Oh! And don't forget your party hats!

Schedule

Feb 15 - The Poetry Party Begins !

* @Plume - Forum Fun Highlights
* All Crew - ~~ #FreindshipPoems ~~

Feb 16 -

* @Spatula - #PeopleTabPoetryTagbook

Feb 17 -

* @lliyah - #PeopleTabFoundPoem

Feb 18 -

* @Seirre - WFP Spoken Word Poetry Jam (watch for more info!)

Feb 18/19/20 - (date(s) tbd)

* @Plume - #MadLibsPoetry

Feb 20 -

* Catch the hashtags you missed & Join Our Community Poetry Jam

Feb 21 - Give a Shout Day

* All crew - #AuthorShoutout #PoetShoutout #PoetryShoutout

And don't forget to log your activity in this thread to earn your Social Month badges!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:16 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

February 15
Week 3

It's poetry week, and you know what that means! Time to take out your poeting pens and venture into all of our fun Poetry Forum Threads!

Why not shift into haiku mode and post in our ever-continuing Haiku Train?
For a fun little giggle, take a stab at trying to Write the Worst Poem You Can!
Use your pen and your wits as your sword in the Haiku Battle?
Or. Perhaps. You're. More. Interested. In. Some. One. Word. Poems.
Or, if you're feeling up for some improv, venture on over to Poem on the Spot!
Point is, we've got tons and tons of activities. So go out and foray into those forums!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:53 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

February 16th
Week 3

We admire our local roleplayers, so it's only natural that we take inspiration from them sometimes. The last December tagbook seemed like an absolute blast! Chaos and collaboration are some of the things we share in common after all.

But we can't rip them off completely...

Have you ever wanted to write a comical poem featuring your friends? Or maybe a long ballad in appreciation of them? For the #PeopleTabPoetryTagbook, you can do just about anything! All you need to do is write a poem, tag a friend, and keep the ball rolling. Get your pens and pencils ready for some fun!
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

1227 Reviews

Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:44 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

February 17
Week 3

Hey friends! We have another poetry activity for you today! :D Inspired by the YWS Statuses that could work as a NaPo Thread Title thread, today your job is to go on a little search. Read people's statuses and posts and see if you can make a poem out of the individual lines people have shared! (If you need to supplement a few of your own lines or words, that's okay!) be sure to tag the people you include and add the hashtag #PeopleTabFoundPoem (& #SocialMonth). Have fun!

Also! Don't forget the fun activities you can still participate in!

* #PeopleTabPoetryTagbook (A poem featuring your friends, their user, or their characters!)
* Poetry Forum Fun
* And if you need a little more freedom from prompts you can always try the ever popular #FreindshipPoems (yes the e before the i) where you write a comically beautiful poem for your friends on YWS and post it on their walls! Misspelled acrostics, miscounted haikus, and ridiculous sonnets and everything inbetween are welcome! :D

Have Fun!

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:34 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

February 18
Week 3

Poetry can be a great way to express yourself individually - but it offers an equally great opportunity to connect with friends, strangers, and other poets alike. Since it's social week, what better way to celebrate our poetry community than with a poetry slam?

If you've never head of a poetry slam before, it's an event in which people go up to a mic and perform their spoken-word poetry in from a large live audience (and often a judge panel as well). We won't have judges at our poetry slam (or technically a mic, either), but we will have lots of poetry recordings, friends, and hype!

To participate, all you have to do is record yourself performing one of your poems (vocaroo.com is a popular website for that) and bring that link to the official Slam Poetry WFP. If you don't have a poem you want to share, and just want to come listen, that works too. Our slam poetry event is schedule for . I'll post the link to the pad on my wall when the event starts, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:47 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

February 19/20
Week 3

It's time for some Mad Libs Poetry! To participate, choose any poem—it can be one you've written or one by another poet! Then, replace some of the words with the type of speech they are (noun, verb, verb ending in -ing, adverb, adjective, etc.), and then post it on your wall in a spoiler with the parts of speech above it! For an example, see this poem!

Once you've got your poem parts arranged, post it on your wall with the hashtag #MadLibsPoetry. Then go around the People tab and fill in others' templates with the words you come up with!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

1227 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:13 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Poetry Jam?

Poetry Week is drawing to a close - but we still have many fun hashtags and forum activities to check out! See the full list of Poetry Activities here. And if you like, come join me and write for a little bit! #SocialMonth

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:01 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Social Month | General Literature Week

Banner by @IcyFlame

Hop on in for some writerly fun with the Gen Lit Crew! We have a bunch of People's Tab hashtags for you, as well as a Lit Center event from the 27th to the 28th. Let's have a wonderful final week of Social Month!

Schedule

Feb 22nd

• #characterinterviews started by @Horisun

Feb 23rd

Feb 25th-26th

Feb 27th - 28th

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:32 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

February 22nd
Week Four

Starting our General Literature Week strong with a familiar face! Today, we will be hosting #Characterinterviews.

In order to partake, set your status with the above hashtag, and play the role of one of your characters- whether they be from your long time novel or your pet project. People in the comments will be free to ask you questions and ‘interview’ your character!

This is a great way to get to know your stories heroes (or villains!) so have fun! Happy Social Month, everyone!
She/Her

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:11 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

February 23rd

Week 4

It's time to get down to some #GreenRoomQueries! To participate, have a look at works currently in the Green Room. Then, choose a work that interests you and go to the author's wall. Ask them a question or two about the work and add the hashtag #GreenRoomQueries. For example, you could ask what inspired the piece of writing, what are their plans for it, who is their favourite character to write, etc.

Have fun!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:20 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

February 25

Week 4

It's been a great month, filled with tons of fun activities and #SocialMonth bonding! And while you're definitely welcome to keep trying any previous activities, today we've got a new one for you: #makeapoll! :]

How this works is you first come up with a question you want to ask ywsers. It can be serious, lighthearted, or just plain random! Then, add a couple of options (bonus points if you add emoticons or images), and post the shiny new poll on your wall. Finally, ywsers can reply with their votes!

Here's an example:

When you kill off a side character, do you:
(a) weep along with your main character
(b) rejoice in the knowledge that your main character is undergoing Important Character Growth
(c) feel neutral— it’s a necessary part of the story
(d) cackle evilly, as a writer does

Looking forward to voting in your polls! =D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:32 am
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

FEBRUARY 27
WEEK 4

Have you recently read an amazing work that you genuinely enjoyed but could not find the time to review? Was there something you really liked about a work and wanted to remark on, but did not want to get into the intricacies of writing a review? Our next activity provides just the solution for this: Leave a Comment!

To participate, just comment on literary works of your choice, expressing your general thoughts about them.

Literary comments are those comments that are not marked as a review. Literary comments are a quick and convenient alternative to reviews, especially when you are short on time and don't really want to get into the hassle of writing a long and detailed review. However, please make sure that your comments are specific to the work and contain substantial input, for their main purpose is to encourage our writers and appreciate them.

For example, if you like a particular work, then don't just leave a comment saying "Nice work!" Instead, elaborate on why you liked it or what elements stood out for you or what can be improved, etc.

You can also add the links of your comments to the Social Month Badge thread under reply/comment to earn the Social Butterfly Badge!

Have fun and happy Social Month everybody! :)
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat