Camp NaPo Announcement - March 8 - 15

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:03 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

2020 Camp NaPo
Coming to YWS March 8-15

What is Camp NaPo? Camp NaPo is not quite NaPo. Instead it is a mini-version of April's National Poetry Month (NaPo) that will run March 8 - 15. It's a week full of poetry activities to get your poetry muscles back in shape, and start preparing for poetry month.

What does Camp NaPo Include? There will be Daily Poetry Challenges, NaPo Tips, and several Contests and Poetry Jams. The week will end in a Poetry Party and a final Poetry Workshop.

Who is Invited? Everyone on YWS is invited! And you don't have to commit to writing a poem everyday or attending every event/contest. You participate in whatever you'd like, we're just happy you're interested!

If you're a beginner this could be a great opportunity to get some poetry writing experience and maybe decide whether or not you'd like to do NaPo in April.

If you're a NaPo veteran this is a good opportunity to start up your poetry planning early so that you can decide your goals and get some inspiration before it all starts April 1.

How do I sign up? Join the 2020 Camp NaPo Campsite and make your logbook, watch for more information in campsite, and start packing up your bug-spray and poetry journals. If you have questions that the club doesn't answer, please check out the Camp NaPo Campsite or reach out to @alliyah.

I love poetry, can I help? We're still looking for a few people who would be willing to host a poetry contest, workshop, or jam - if that's something you'd be interested in at all (even co-hosting) please reach out to @alliyah. You don't have to be a moderator in order to host one of these, and we'd love to get your help!

You can also help us out by spreading the word about Camp NaPo! Share the Camp NaPo posts and tag all your poetry friends to make sure they don't miss this exciting event!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:16 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

We're just one week away from the start of Camp NaPo!! Are you excited yet?

If you haven't joined the Campsite Club be sure to do so in order to get all the latest info on the events and challenges!

Also if you're interested in hosting a workshop/write-in/contest during the week-long event, send me a PM, I'd love to have your help! :)

1227 Reviews

Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:31 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Camp NaPo has begun!

The campfires have been made and the tents are mostly assembled! Our first Daily Challenge is up, and we'll have more throughout the week. Remember you're welcome to participate in Camp NaPo as much or as little as you'd like, but if you want us to see your poetry you create make sure to setup a Logbook in the Campsite Club.

Also if you're interested in what's going on throughout the week - I'm posting the draft of the itinerary below!

Spoiler! :

Sunday, March 8 - Camp Kickoff!
*Official Camp NaPo Contest Opens
*Daily Challenge
*Camp Kickoff Poetry Jam

Monday, March 9
* ChrisDixon Poetry Contest Opens
*Daily Challenge

Tuesday, March 10
* Hedwiggle hosting Poetry Write-In Challenge (6:30 pm EST)
*Daily Challenge

Wednesday, March 11
* alliyah hosting breakfast poetry-jam (7 am EST)
*Daily Challenge

Thursday, March 12
* Lavvie hosting write-in using featuring Thursday's Daily Challenge (6:30 EST, or sometime in evening EST)
*Daily Challenge

Friday, March 13
* CaptainJack hosting Modern Poetry Workshop (evening EST)
*Daily Challenge

Saturday, March 14
*EverLight hosting Poetry Workshop (6 pm EST)
*Alliyah hosting mini-editing workshop (8:30 pm EST)
*Poetry Prompt Party Opens
*Daily Challenge

Sunday, March 15
* Poetry Prompt Party Continues
* Contest Entries Due
* Daily Challenge

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird