1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:03 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

You Are Invited to Camp NaPo

Camp NaPo is Coming to YWS

August 6 - August 12

You may have heard of NaPo before, the month-long Poetry Writing event in April, but this year members of Poetry Crew have decided to bring NaPo to you again in a mini week-long camp-themed version: Camp NaPo! The event will take place August 6 - 12.

What's Camp NaPo?

Like NaPo in April, participants can write a poem every day, but there'll be a host of other activities to work on your poetry skills as well for campers - and you are invited to participate as little or as much as you'd like, because camp should be flexible!

Each "camper" is invited to make a "Logbook" or club thread in the Camp NaPo Club to post their poetry progress for the week.

What Activities Will There Be?

Here's some of the activities you can expect!

* Daily Poem Challenge
Every day there'll be a new poetry challenge posted on the Camp Club Wall for you to challenge your skills with. It's something you can use as a starting point if you're stuck with what to write that day.

* Poetry Exchange
Aley will be hosting a Poetry Exchange, where users can swap their poems for reviews. Watch out for that sign up this week, because spaces are limited!

* Poetry Workshops
There'll be a few workshops throughout the week to work on specific poetry skills. If you're interested in hosting a workshop, there are still a few spots available in the schedule, so contact alliyah if you've got a workshop you'd like to run!

* Poetry Jams
Throughout the week there'll be opportunities to "jam" with other poets and see what others are writing. Consider hosting your own as well!

* Poetry Contests
Also there'll be a few contests running during Camp NaPo that will have point prizes for the winners.

How Can I Participate?

The best way to get involved is to join the Camp NaPo Club and make a Logbook. Keep watch for more news and activities as more information becomes available!

If you have any questions about Camp NaPo please contact alliyah.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1228 Reviews

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Don't forget to claim your spot in the Poetry Exchange if you're interested! :) (sign-up closes the 6th)

1228 Reviews

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:35 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Camp NaPo may be in its final two days, but we still have plenty of neat contests to submit entries in!

Here's a quick re-cap of all the Camp NaPo Contests posted, so be sure to check them out!

* Casa's Mystery Contest - splice your poems together
* Camp NaPo Reverse Poetry Contest - submit your favorite poem by another user. (You can do this contest even if you didn't participate in Camp NaPo)
* Camp NaPo Talent Show - Submit your favorite Camp NaPo piece that your wrote.
* Also don't forget to finish your reviews if you're in Aley's Poetry Exchange.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold