The YWS Cup

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

That is a good idea!

Don't worry too much about missing some of your reviews, they should still be counted on the weekly leaderboard, which I can check on Tuesday!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:06 am
FermentingFruit says...

Audy wrote:Mmmust keep eat--I mean reviewing.

Jack, Jack, Jack. I just got an idea :o Maybe it's easier to just keep track of the review numbers via leaderboards? Like, before the actual tournament begins - mark down the total number of reviews everyone has. That way, you only have to check it once at the end. I mean, we can still keep track of our reviews and all too, if that helps. But I think I've missed a few of mine x_x

That wouldn't work because I've been doing a lot of art and photography, and it doesn't count towards those.
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 am
EnchantedPanda says...

FermentingFruit wrote:
Audy wrote:Mmmust keep eat--I mean reviewing.

Jack, Jack, Jack. I just got an idea :o Maybe it's easier to just keep track of the review numbers via leaderboards? Like, before the actual tournament begins - mark down the total number of reviews everyone has. That way, you only have to check it once at the end. I mean, we can still keep track of our reviews and all too, if that helps. But I think I've missed a few of mine x_x

That wouldn't work because I've been doing a lot of art and photography, and it doesn't count towards those.

Audy's idea could still work, except the people who do art/photography reviews would have to post the links to their reviews to be added to their totals. Yes? :)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:19 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Panda has it correct. I mainly asked people to keep track of their own reviews in case of a dispute over scores. If you think you've done more, then you're going to have to prove it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Matches 1, 2, 3 and 4 have finished

Predicted scores

DISCLAIMER: These are the predicted scores based off the weekly leaderboards. I know that some people have been reviewing Art & Photography, which isn't counted. If you feel like you scored more than I've stated below, it is your responsibility to contact me in the next 24 hours to change your score. You have to provide evidence for your other reviews. I will then alter the score (and possible the result) accordingly.

Failure to provide evidence for reviews will result in the scores below staying final. If you want to win, show me the money!

Once again, the scores below are predicted!

Match 1

StellaThomas 8 - 15 Kyllorac

KYLLORAC ADVANCES TO THE SECOND ROUND (BARRING SOME CRAZY ART & PHOTOGRAPHY REVIEWS FROM STELLA)!

Our highest scoring encounter! If Stella had been matched with somebody else, she might have emerged victorious, but Kyllorac lays down a marker to everybody else in the competition with 15 reviews.

Match 2

Alteran 2 - 3 Lauren2010

LAUREN2010 POSSIBLE ADVANCES, BUT WHO KNOWS BECAUSE THE SCORE IS SO CLOSE! THIS COULD BE DECIDED BY SOME A&P REVIEWS BY ALTERAN!

Match 3

FermentingFruit 16 - 15 guineapiggirl

UPDATE: FERMENTINGFRUIT HAS SENT IN HIS LIST OF REVIEWS ... AND HAS 16! BEATING GUINEAPIGGIRL BY ONE! WOW! WHAT A MATCH! FERMENTINgFRUIT ADVANCES, BARRING ANY MORE LAST-MINUTE CHANGES!

Match 4

Audy 9 - 3 ash211

AUDY (PROBABLY) ADVANCES TO THE SECOND ROUND!

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Yus, nice job, my babies. I look forward to sinking my teeth into one of you next round. >:3
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

44 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Just sent you my list. YES. I had 16 :D

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I've updated the scores to reflect it, FermentingFruit! 16-15 ... wow. What a match.

44 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Heck of a match. Another week, another review star for me it seems :D

-Happy Gilmore

44 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

So... When does the next week start? Hopefully we get a break lol

I personally think we should wait until next monday.
A) Exams go until friday
B) I'm going to be gone this weekend

Just a thought

-Happy Gilmore

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Matches 5-7 of the first round take place over the next week. They start in 45 minutes!

The second round will not begun for another 10 days, so you've got a long rest.

44 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

Just my predictions:

zephion versus Griffinkeeper
I predict Griffinkeeper will take this one.

EnchantedPanda versus znale1
This should be a close one, but I see EnchantedPanda coming away with the win.

PenguinAttack versus Rydia
This is going to be a good one. No matter how much I don't want to see Rydia in the next round, I think she'll take this one. But it'll be close.

-Happy Gilmore

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Just a note to say the prize for the YWS Cup will be a £25 Amazon voucher, which is roughly about $40 (American and Canadian -- they seem to be roughly the same at the moment) and about $37.50 (Australian).

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:00 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Matches 5, 6, and 7 have begun!

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm
guineapiggirl says...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
I'm going now before I start being a really sore loser and seriously letting myself down...

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl