z

Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:48 pm
Harker says...

Hey--if we post our entry in a thread, what topic should it be in? (Lounge?)

EDIT: made it in the club. Sorry if that wasn't what you meant. :P
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:26 am
crossroads says...

Oh, please take me off the tag list. I said it in the club, I've changed my mind and won't be participating as a writer after all. I'll still review, when I get time, but my *big novel* needs my attention too much. I added like 5000 words to it in the past week 8D
So yeah, the four horsemen and everything else will have to wait for
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Boom!

Surviving Warriors: 35
Fallen Warriors: 1
Rogues: 2
Deceased: 0

RIP:
@lostthought , whose fall shows that even the brightest and boldest of LMS veterans can't let their guard down for even a moment.

Awards:
The Kings Blessing: Awarded for making it through Week I.
@Arkhaion @AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Ashnirai @Auxiira @Atsmai @bluewaterlily @Blues @Buggiedude2340 @ChiravianSkies @CorruptedRoseJen @EnderFlash @Flite @Falconer @Ironspark @JKHatt @kayfortnight @Lavvie @Messenger @megsug @Meandbooks @OliveDreams @Pompadour @Pretzelsing @QueenAnne @ReisePiecey @Soulkana @Strange @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @TimmyJake @ThePheonix @TriSARAHtops @Tuesday @Tortwag @willachilles
We were born to be amazing.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:11 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Ashnirai, @Auxiira, @bluewaterlily, @Blues, @ChiravianSkies, @CorruptedRoseJen, @Falconer, @Ironspark, @JKHatt, @lostthought, @Messenger, @megsug, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @Pretzelsing, @ReisePiecey, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePheonix, @Tenyo, @TriSARAHtops, @Tortwag, @willachilles.

Tonight feels like one of those nights, where we procrastinate on our chapters. ♫

Everyone, get in your chapters soon! Review Day be happening in a few hours, then you'll have to post in your progress threads if you want to make it.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:51 pm
bluewaterlily says...

If we can't make the review day deadline to submit our chapters, can we post the chapter on our progress thread as long as we meet the LMS deadline and word count?
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Mine's finished! I'll be sure to follow that advice, but I need to correct some stuff first. I'm being so anxious with all of this XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

324 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:08 pm
Evander says...

@bluewaterlily, you may want to ask OliveDreams about that, because I'm not 100% sure.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:52 pm
BrumalHunter says...

You still have to submit your second chapter before it's midnight in your timezone, but if Review Day ends after that time, you have to post your story (enspoilered, please) in the submissions thread.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:54 am
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 31

Fallen Warriors - 4

Rogues - 3

Deceased - 5

RIP:
@JKHatt
@CorruptedRoseJen
@Pretzelsing
@ReisePiecey

Awards

The Queens Trinket - for making it through week II.
@Arkhaion @AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Ashnirai @Atsmai @Auxiira @bluewaterlily @Blues @Buggiedude2340 @ChiravianSkies @EnderFlash @Flite @Falconer @Ironspark @kayfortnight @Lavvie @Messenger @megsug @Meandbooks @OliveDreams @Pompadour @QueenAnne @Soulkana @Strange @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @TimmyJake @TriSARAHtops @Tuesday @Tortwag @willachilles

Outstanding Opening Line Award

I walk into sixth period to the sight of Eric eating a banana.
- Strange

‘Hello, I'm calling from E-Quire about a debt owed to the Orange County Library System' had just made Elijah's list of sentences he never wanted to hear again.
- Arkhaion

’I Love That Line’ Award

An angry countryman who thought the chains around his wrists and neck meant nothing.
- ScarlettFire

She blew a bubble with her gum and popped it, a burst of mint hanging in the air between them, before spitting it out into the trash can.
- Arkhaion

Ravishing Rewrite Award

This award goes to SpiritedWolfe for their edited rewrite of their first LMS chapter. SpiritedWolfe was nominated as their rewrite has now got the reader “immediately hooked” and will be “following it from now on.”
You can check out the rewrite here: Apparition: The Game - Ch. 1 (Rewrite)

Congratulations all survivors & award winners! Nothing like a bit of praise from your peers. Let me know if any of you are coming back as Rogues.

Roll on next week!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 am
View Likes
willachilles says...

Ohh, @CorruptedRoseJen why? WHHHYYY~~~~~~~

@JKHatt - what went wrong with Morcan?

@Pretzelsing PRETZEL...No...:(

And @ReisePiecey -----WHY HAVE YOU LEFT US?
Do you even YWS?

"Poetry is what happens when your mind stops working, and for a moment all you do is feel."
-ishitadutt

"You have to pretend to sleep before you can ever dream."
-silented1

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:01 pm
View Likes
CorruptedRoseJen says...

WAT. WAIT. WAT.

WAT.

WAT.

I MISS TIMED. WAT. The deadline was... today??!!! o.O I tho--...

( OAO)/

\(OAO )

DANGIT! Dead on the SECOND week? Q____________Q BRAIN! *takes out and throws against wall* IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! WHO SAID TODAY WAS SUNDAY? *cries*

I guess I'm a rogue now q.q Forgive my late chappie for just one week, everyone! I promise I'll follow along on time as a rogue q-q

Extra unneeded information: I've not started on my NaNo either :D *cries* vacations are PAINFUL!
My room is an insane asylum, and I am the patient.

Beware of Dog signs are overrated. Beware of Writer.

Warning! Crappy author at work! Any hapless bystanders/passerbys will be sentenced to an eternity of hell by eye-hurt :3

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:35 pm
View Likes
EnderFlash says...

@CorruptedRoseJen, I'll be missing you >_> Shame on you for not doing you NaNo, though. Don't bump up your total cabin wordgoal and not contribute!

324 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:25 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Here we go.

@AstralHunter, @Ashnirai, @Auxiira, @bluewaterlily, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @ChiravianSkies, @EnderFlash, @Flite, @Falconer, @IronSpark, @Lavvie, @lostthought, @Messenger, @Meandbooks, @OliveDreams, @Pompadour, @Soulkana, @Strange, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @TriSARAHtops, @Tortwag,
@willachilles.

So, chapters need to be written. Chapters are very important.

German rat enthusiast.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Chapter will be written once I get a break from visiting my Grandpa in the High Dependency Ward. Also, geeeeeezzzz, chill, I got all of tomorrow, apart from when my aunt's mother-in-law-to-be is here!
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:18 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AdrianMoon Um, I'm writing mine. I planned to submit it tomorrow. And I kinda have no choice anyway.

No but seriously, thanks for the warning, it's always good to remind people of the LMS, but don't worry, chapters are comin' :)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief