User avatar

spottedpebble

...green leaves shake in decaying sunlight, pink peeks over the mountains and everything is changing...

  • Poetry » Narrative, Realistic Re: A Notebook

    I'll say it first thing: this poem makes me feel guilty about all my notebooks sitting in drawers right now. How I have interpreted this poem: Someone got a new ...

    Oct 1, 2023
  • Other » General, General Re: Just Ramble

    This is perfect advice! Every writer who is stuck should try just rambling. I like how you said: If you don't begin by rambling, will you ever get anywhere? If ...

    Sep 30, 2023
  • Short Story » Realistic, Dramatic Re: "And You Didn't Hear It From Me"

    [center]Hi there! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today! Top Graham Cracker - What I Know This is a story about a girl named Emily who spread a rumour ...

    Sep 30, 2023
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Peonies in December

    Your dialogue is very strong, and really helps me follow the story better. I like how you started out the story with "I am currently running late on an important ...

    Sep 30, 2023
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, Other Re: WIP lCA

    I hope you keep writing this, because I want to see where it goes! I like the different phrases you use to describe things. They really give me a feel ...

    Sep 30, 2023
  • Poetry » Realistic, Other Re: lies i take as truths

    This poem is like a reflection of my own thoughts sometimes. I like the way this poem flows and how it's written in free verse. The way you have frased ...

    Sep 29, 2023
  • Poetry » Literature, General Re: collection of poems.

    First off, welcome to YWS! I also joined today. I can tell a lot about your style of writing poetry since you published a collection with three poems in it. ...

    Sep 29, 2023
  • Poetry » Realistic, Literature Re: Your Eyes

    I can't believe this is only one of your first poems! Your formatting is perfect and your rhyme scheme is great! I did see that you rhymed some of the ...

    Sep 29, 2023
  • Poetry » Narrative, Spiritual Re: Oh, Moon

    Your descriptions are so amazing and original! "like a solemn pool of liquid silver|adorning the inky skies,|glittering more than a million gems,|it is She who heard my cries." has such ...

    Sep 29, 2023
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: there was a time when my friends included everyone who smiled back

    This poem really speaks to me. I hope someday I can learn how to "cut up past pain and scatter it behind me." I love how you repeated the way ...

    Sep 29, 2023
  • Poetry » Realistic, Dramatic Re: Fog

    I understand why your username is Lullaby. This poem is soft and sweet while being haunting at the same time. The way you described the fog made me feel like ...

    Sep 29, 2023
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Lyrical Re: The Unnamed Poem

    This poem is beautiful. The last two lines are what really gets me. :) Your rhyming is perfect and the way you used your words is powerful. I can really ...

    Sep 29, 2023


I was promis'd on a time, To have a reason for my rhyme: From that time unto this season, I receiv'd nor rhyme nor reason.
— Edmund Spenser