User avatar

quitecontrary

quitecontrary

  • Poetry » Lyrical, Supernatural Re: Curve and Grow

    I'm still looking through it all, but I'll keep that in mind if I need to change a stanza. I think 3 is the big problem when it comes to ...

    Feb 1, 2021
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, Dramatic Re: The Raven King/Barely Audible

    Thanks for your review! When I was first writing it, it seemed natural to change the pacing at that point because it was a different voice from the person telling ...

    Feb 1, 2021
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, Dramatic Re: The Raven King/Barely Audible

    Thank you for your review! I was trying to play on the idea of a sister warning her other sister about the Raven King(metaphor for another guy), but I can ...

    Feb 1, 2021
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Supernatural Re: Curve and Grow

    Thank you for your review! I got caught up in the rhyme scheme because "other" is a very hard word to rhyme, but I'll definitely take another look at meter!

    Feb 1, 2021
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Supernatural Re: Curve and Grow

    Thank you for your review! As for "brother", I was trying to make it sound breathless, like you read the line in one breath instead of pausing to introduce a ...

    Jan 31, 2021
  • Poetry » General, Satire Re: Chapbook: We the Naiads

    If you want to fix that try holding down shift and then hit enter every time you need a new line. It works for me on my computer, but sometimes ...

    Jul 10, 2020
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Mystery / Suspense Re: Before the Escape

    Thank you for your review! I totally understand your point about style, and I struggle a lot with stamina when it comes to writing(That%u2019s why I stick to poetry:D) Also, ...

    Jul 7, 2020
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Mystery / Suspense Re: Before the Escape

    Thank you! I%u2019m really glad you liked it!

    Jul 7, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Romantic Re: Apologies

    Hi Haley and thanks for the review! As for the formatting, I was writing this on my phone and couldn't group the stanzas well. Usually when I look up images ...

    Jun 30, 2020
  • Poetry » Literature, Realistic Re: Homo littera: Evolution of Words

    That makes so much more sense! I loved the changes that you made to your poem, and I think the title sounds fantastic! When I said %u201Cbeginner%u2019s literature%u201D, I was ...

    May 25, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Shadow Days

    Thank you for your review! I%u2019m glad you liked it!:D

    May 23, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Shadow Days

    Don%u2019t worry! I love any and all feedback.:D

    May 22, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Shadow Days

    Thanks for your review! As for the word "sorrow", the point of a sestina is to reuse the words at the end of each line again in the next verse, ...

    May 22, 2020


According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie