User avatar

nixonblitzen

  • Script » General, General Re: Star Wars: Recollection P 1-10

    Hello, there. I have to say I was intrigued by this being a Star Wars screenplay. My main question is, how authentically Star Wars is this supposed to be? Just ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Great Gatsby

    I am surprised to find so many Gatsby-haters here. I guess I thought it was more or less universally well-liked. I love this book. It made an indelible on my ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Alchemist

    Yeah, I feel like at times it tries a little to hard to be deep and philosophy-ish. Especially at the beginning, I felt like I was getting bombarded with little ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: "Alone" Prologue

    Bonjour, Jules. Let's start out with the nitpicks. “Ugh!” Ryan slammed to the ground, blood around her lips and pain in her stomach. It's probably just me, but when I ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Let There Be Light 1.0

    Hello, angelwing! I've marked the grammatical & spelling errors, and also showed you how I would reword some things the make them sound better. There I was , standing at ...

    Jun 4, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Studio.

    Hello! I liked this. It wasn't as far-fetched as I had expected! Andromeda touched on a lot & I agree. One other thing was, for the first half of the ...

    Jun 2, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Happiness

    Hello Twilight Dog! Welcome to YWS. So, ditto on everything Juniper said. This poem doesn't have very good rhythm. I find it helpful to read my poems aloud. It usually ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Script » General, General Re: My Truth

    Hello, mayonnaise! I've never critiqued a script before, so I'm not sure how helpful this will be... Is this a standalone scene, or is it part of a play? I'd ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: A Girl Just Knows

    Hi there, Kiki! "You look adorible trying to act funny," she said. Should be "adorable". "Yeah, my humor never seems to translate with others." I said, blushing and moving my ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Letters Unsent *Chapter One*

    Hello, there! Let's start out with the nitpicks, shall we? The way your hand always find mine, Subject-verb disagreement. Do you mean "Hand find s " or "Hand s find"? ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: My big brother

    Hello! Is this a known structure, or did you make it up? It looks nice, the way the stanzas are all the same shape, but I don't know if it ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A Path all my Own

    Welcome to YWS, Werewolf_Girl! Don't forget that you should do two reviews for every thing you post. That way everyone will get reviews - and reviewing really helps to improve ...

    May 25, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: It's Just A Hut

    Wow. I love this. I don't know why, but it gives me kind of a Beatnik, On the Road vibe. I think the strongest thing about this is the narrative ...

    May 25, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: All through the night

    It's just so awful. What I'd really like to know is how you knew how to describe labor! The descriptions were really well done - grotesque and lovely. I like ...

    May 24, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I'm so, so sorry

    Jon talked about the "you" in this poem as a she. Funny, I thought of it as a he the whole time. Which is it? I found the first section ...

    May 24, 2009


Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White