User avatar

mungerverna

mungerverna

  • Poetry » Romantic, Realistic Re: Blue

    This short story invokes a lot of emotion, and the content is very well written. I think it could be a whole lot better after a quick round of editing ...

    Aug 30, 2016
  • Poetry » Historical Fiction, Horror Re: Making Words Rhyme Within A Pattern Is Called A Poem, Even When It's Out Of Context And Has A Ridiculously Long Title

    Okay, a little bit of pretext here. I was looking through the featured works on the homepage, and I saw how long the title of this piece is. At first ...

    Jul 26, 2016
  • Short Story » General, Narrative Re: Crunch Time

    This is an interesting short story! Your use of intermittent internal monologue helps the reader identify with a character who they haven't been given very much time to get to ...

    Jul 25, 2016
  • Poetry » General, General Re: I Want to be a Duck

    Okay, I'm going to be entirely honest - I have no idea what I was expecting from this, but it definitely was not a text as good as this one, ...

    Jul 11, 2016
  • Short Story » Romantic, Dramatic Re: Stranger

    This piece is simple yet beautifully written, and an incredibly interesting statement about the different versions of ourselves that come out during different situations and at different points in our

    Jul 11, 2016
  • Short Story » Lyrical, Narrative Re: The Travesty of Small Decisions

    This is a beautiful story. It delves into what it really means to be human and what ignoring those core emotions can do to a person, or even an entire ...

    Jul 11, 2016
  • Poetry » Romantic, Literature Re: Shame and Missouri

    First of all, I love the title. Emotion mixed with a clever pun, strangely enough, seems to make for a powerful moniker. Regarding the piece itself, I love it just ...

    Jul 11, 2016
  • Short Story » Realistic, Narrative Re: Wong

    There's the beginning of a good foundation here, but you'll need to finish the skeleton and fill in the narrative a bit more before this can be properly reviewed. That ...

    Jul 11, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » General, Realistic Re: 1997

    I like this. The foundation is clearly there, and the way you present the plot as a whole is great, and got me interested in the text early on. The ...

    Jul 10, 2016


Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help