User avatar

marzipan

  • Short Story » General, General Re: A4 White

    Don't put the "this is crap" stuff at the beginning (put it at the end!), because now I'm not going to read it, even though it looks good, because it ...

    Mar 3, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Drowned Boy

    I can't stand analyzing poetry myself, I just like the stuff that sounds right. This sounds right. It's creepy, sure, but in a very satisfying way. I like the raisin ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Tomorrow The Dreamers

    Oops, wasn't finished. Just wanted to say that I also really liked the subtle references to things..."the red planet beckons" reminds me of the scientists trying to figure out a ...

    Mar 11, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Series of Sad Stuff

    All I can say is...thank you. Thank you for sharing, for feeling, for writing. That's all just brought me back down to earth. Beautiful and horrible and painful just to ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: To Win a Date

    I like...you have a good metaphor going there, and some nice lines. The opening two lines don't seem to fit - the rest of the poem rhymes, while those two ...

    Feb 17, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Give Her Wings

    Kinda....blunt and unimaginative. I mean, "It ends up in a heap"...? It's hard to see it in the mind's eye because you simply explain it so literally. But I'm not ...

    Feb 5, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The Man at Station Four

    Love this. I always love people watching, even if it's in my head :shock: The rhyming worked, which is cool cos normally I kinda dislike structured poems. Simple but effective ...

    Dec 12, 2004
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: subtle-pretty

    Good lord, but that is one talent-oozing piece. I would like to quote my favourite part, but alas, there is no such thing. Seriously, I tried to find a passage ...

    Dec 11, 2004
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The City at the End of the Hall

    Egad! I love this piece! I looked at it, decided it was too long for my idle brain, scrolled down to the comments, read the stanza quoted, fell in love ...

    Dec 8, 2004
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Very offensive sorry -tad

    HA! This made me laugh. The ability to pull off good satire is an uncommon and wonderful gift. Being as cynical a child as I am, satire is easily relatable. ...

    Dec 4, 2004
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Sixteen comrades, and the house of the dying man.

    AAUGH! Loved this! I didn't entirely understand, which adds to my love because confusion is my boyfriend. The repetition was lovely, added emphasis and gave it a distinct style (long, ...

    Dec 3, 2004
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Edge Chronicles.

    I adore the Edge Chronicles! I've read them again and again and again...there's something about them that fascinates me. It just goes to show that not all J-fiction has gone ...

    Dec 2, 2004
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: doll

    This was one of the first I saw when I joined TYWC. It blew my mind then, it blows my mind now. Your beautiful use of language and emotion gets ...

    Dec 2, 2004


who you become at your worst isn't who you are
— canopy