User avatar

TriSARAHtops

I'm so adjective, I could verb nouns.

  • Short Story » Realistic, Other Re: J'attendrai (1)

    Heya! Spotted this in the short story section so thought I'd drop by with a (probably a little rusty but we'll try our best) review. I really like the premise ...

    Apr 4, 2018
  • Other » General, General Re: Cloud Walker

    Hi Max! Welcome to YWS! All in all, I thought this was a really solid piece of writing. There are a few things I want to quibble about, which I'll ...

    Mar 28, 2018
  • Short Story » Realistic, Other Re: Marnin

    Hello! I thought this was a very promising premise for a story, and a very impressive effort considering you only had a day to write it. Generally, I felt like ...

    Aug 20, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Mystery / Suspense Re: The Pariah of Levon, 1

    Hi again! I don't have all that much to say about this chapter that isn't just "good job", so this won't be the longest review ever. First of all, I ...

    Feb 11, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Mystery / Suspense Re: The Pariah of Levon, 3

    Hey passenger! I was poking around the Novels section and noticed this chapter, so I thought I'd check it out! I went through and had a quick read over the ...

    Feb 8, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Dramatic Re: Chapter One

    Hi again! In some ways, I thought this chapter was stronger than the second chapter. I didn't find the modern/formal language quite as jarring, which is maybe because I was ...

    Feb 7, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Dramatic Re: Chapter Two

    Hey Noisette! Dropping by with a review! Just a quick heads up: I'm typing this on my phone, so I'm sorry if there are any typos. I haven't read the ...

    Feb 5, 2017
  • Short Story » Humor, Realistic Re: Your full of it

    Hello! Dropping by with a review. I quite enjoyed this little vignette into your character's life. I feel like there are some really interesting foundations for a good short story ...

    Dec 6, 2016
  • Article / Essay » Romantic, General Re: The Moon in Everyone's Sky

    Hi there Belle! A very belated welcome to the site! I really liked some of the metaphors in this piece. The constant references to space, light and stars were effective ...

    Nov 19, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Science Fiction Re: Among Shattered Stars, I May Fall.

    Hello there! Tri here with a review! Just a heads up, it's been quite a few months since I last wrote a review, so I might be a touch rusty. ...

    Nov 5, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Other Re: Tips For Taking Over Summer Camp Chapter 7: A Different Way of Saying Things

    Hi again! Fell out of the reviewing habit for a week there, but getting back to it now. Hmm, I'm struggling to think of much to say for this chapter. ...

    Feb 11, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Other Re: Tips for Taking Over Summer Camp Chapter 6: Please Don't Kill Me, Rowan!

    Me again! Another interesting chapter. Still have no idea how to feel about Rowan, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Looks like a character with some conflicting layers, and ...

    Feb 4, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Other Re: Tips For Taking Over Summer Camp Chapter 5: Forget me! Is Rowan Ok?

    Back again! This'll probably be a shorter review because there's less to say about this chapter because there's, well, less of it. I didn't mind too much that this was ...

    Feb 3, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Other Re: Tips For Taking Over Summer Camp Chapter 4: The Lake, as it Turns Out, is NOT Made of Actual Citric Acid

    Heyo! Here for another review! I thought that this was perhaps the strongest chapter of your story so far. There was more of a sense that you'd gotten comfortable writing ...

    Feb 2, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Other Re: Tips for Taking Over Summer Camp Chapter 3: Why Am I Not Feeling Ok?

    Hey again! Let's see if I can complete this review for the end of review day! This was another rather sweet chapter - I hope sweet doesn't sound condescending, because ...

    Jan 31, 2016


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)