User avatar

TheEccentricScribe

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Dancing With Fire

    Overall, I enjoyed the piece. The story is not self-assuming; it just kinda starts and keeps going. The prose is nice and clean-cut, without a whole lot of refinery. Mind ...

    Jun 2, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chasing Rainbows Chapter 2

    First paragraph, last two sentences, remove comma after "just." And, well she knew was pretty and easy target, so she needed to be careful. This attempt at an older linguistic ...

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: 'Tis a Gift to be Simple?

    In all honesty, I really liked this. It was a bit short for me to offer any serious suggestions, and while I probably missed something, I didn't notice any overt ...

    Mar 27, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Prosthesis Prologue /P

    Interesting prologue, I must say. The speaker seems to deny the teleological argument, and uses it to hint at something almost disturbing. I think the poetic language you use, the ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Someday

    Soaring sky high, Blood-tipped wings flying away to escape it all. Before your poison arrows struck me down, Spiraling into my love for you. Turn the period into a comma, ...

    Mar 10, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chasing Rainbows Chapter 1

    I apologize to reiterate, but reiterate I must: Your grammar is awful, man. I'll try and go blow by blow with this, but there's so much fine-tuning needed, I don't ...

    Mar 9, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: L'effet papillon

    They waited in anticipation for the dance number that was about to begin. Say the most with the fewest words. "They waited in anticipation for the next dance number." The ...

    Mar 9, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Tempest at Leurs (Part I)

    Firstly, I want to say that character psychology is very important to me, the only thing I consider more important than description of action and scenery. Plot is important, of ...

    Mar 7, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Philosophical Musings on Daytime TV

    This is very interesting, and I think the start of something that could be a lot more in-depth. These two characters, the sarcastic speaker and the flustered philosopher, make a ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Untitled (Verboten)

    As you are wont, lovely Lady of Verse, you craft poetry here that puts anything I could ever accomplish to shame. The rhythm is nice, the imagery stark and beautiful, ...

    Jan 24, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Never Been Kissed (Revised)

    Well, I think the first part was better written, to be honest. You really took your time with it, and let it be its own. The addition, while its basic ...

    Jan 18, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Curst by a Breath

    I liked this piece very much. I think that the criticism that it tells rather than shows is a faulty one, for the simple reason that it's a sort of ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Never Been Kissed (Working title)

    I am coming into this a little late, after many reviews. One critique I noticed was that some think you didn't give enough plot away. You know me; I don't ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Tharins

    I like this story! Elena seems interesting. I think the old woman at the end was a nice touch. I really would like to see how this story continues. A ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: No Order Just Anarchy(In Progress Rated R for Language.)

    A little angry, no? Well, I won't pass judgement on the thoughts expressed, for the simple reason that that's not the purpose of a writer's forum. I can critique your ...

    Jan 12, 2007


I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan