User avatar

Swires

  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: In Thrall

    *Thrash* Get another installment out.

    Aug 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Trench Sonnet

    Yeah I agree with that - the last line is kind of a "I am getting carried away" moment lol. Thanks for the comments.

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Overdraft

    An overdraft occurs when withdrawals from a bank account exceed the available balance which gives the account a negative balance - a person can be said to have gone "overdrawn".

    Jun 21, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: In Thrall

    Hi gyr. The first scene - It is very well written as always but if it was to be removed would it really matter? It doesn't seem to add anything ...

    Apr 12, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Mother's Instinct

    I could do with a more substanstial review of this, if anyone is willing. Also, more comments are welcome. (Sorry for bumping my work, but I just need more feedback ...

    Apr 12, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride (Part 2 Now Up)

    London / Street 391 / Number 4 Sandly tried to spit out the vicious smell of lead while he sat with his back to his cellar wall; hands (white) on ...

    Apr 12, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride (Part 2 Now Up)

    Thank you very much for your exceedingly helpful review. Yes, this aims to be a novel length word but it may turn out to be a novella depending on which ...

    Apr 11, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Lord of the Flies

    Its literary genius. The book is filled with a superfluity of meaning and symbolism that is just crafted so well.The themes are both chilling and interesting. Graphic? Where on earth ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Rose Madder, Stephen King

    It was pretty disturbing in places, its not over-the-top scary but its scary enough.

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride (Part 2 Now Up)

    Thank you DS. Anyone else any points to make? Some questions I have for readers: 1) The character of Sandly Limerick - endearing? Do you as a reader enjoy reading ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Mother's Instinct

    Hi Wilde Charlie - Capital letters in poetry are not essential, I chose to remove most punctuation and capital letters for a thematic purpose - the commonness of nature and ...

    Apr 8, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Abhorsen Trilogy

    Ive read the first one - boring really, I forced my way through it. It was just a string of non-connected events and the main character wasn't likable. Not a ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride (Part 2 Now Up)

    Thank you for the comments hunter111. I agree with all of them and I'll work on changing them in the redraft.

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Journey's Dawn~Chapter 1

    I disagree about splitting this into two. Chapters can contain many, many scenes. YOu have two scenes in this chapter - there is nothing wrong with that. They would be ...

    Oct 28, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: 1984 by George Orwell

    Orwell wrote "Animal Farm", not "Animal House" lol. Btw... Orwell wasn't a communist, I think you should know by both his books that he was critical of communist societies yet ...

    Oct 27, 2007


A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon