User avatar

Periwinkle

  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: locked

    I. NITPICKS “Eighteen, shouldn’t you be in school then? It’s Thursday night!” I replied. I’d always been a rule-abiding child and teenager. There wasn’t much to complain about when I ...

    May 1, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Straw Dog

    Review for a Review! I. NITPICKS The way his head slammed against the wall shook the two onlookers. It cracked loudly but he didn’t acknowledge the pain. That’s what scared ...

    May 1, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Reflections, Chapter 1

    I. NITPICKS I’m wasn't sure what the time was as I headed down the dark streets. It must have been late. Admittedly, I was a little drunk. That’s why I ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Nightshine - chapter 1

    I. Showing vs. Telling THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. I thought to myself with a sense of dread . My name is Louis Nightshine. I'm your typical 13 year old ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: They told me to

    "I don't need an answer," I whispered terrified. I think a comma goes after whispered. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter, and clenched my fists until my knuckles were white. ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chapter 1

    I. NITPICKS “Ms. Charna[b]. " “Huh?” “Ms. Charna! Were you sleeping in my class again?” “No Mr. Heklin.” “Ms. Charna come up to the front of the class please.” I ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: .

    Hey, welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here. Anyways, you need to rules. They ask for you to review at least two works before posting your own. Also, ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Delete

    I. NITPICKS I sat down at the computer and mashed the button that turned it on. The little blue light flickered twice before blinking on and the whirring noises of ...

    Apr 25, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: locked

    I. NITPICKS Sitting up quickly, Satu found herself disoriented. After a few minutes, she recalled reading the fairy tale book, and she wondered what time it was. Twelve forty eight ...

    Apr 19, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: locked

    Okay...I'm here to review. I. NITPICKS The random bleep of items being scanned echoed through the large, marble-tiled grocery store. Shopping carts rattled and wove in the aisles. Satu lazily ...

    Apr 19, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Apocalypse. (The nightmare begins book 1)

    I. NITPICKS “Ms. Caldwell ," the professor called her name, “Would you mind telling the class what the formula for force is?” She asked. “Ummm…I think it’s m = m ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Curtsy

    I. NITPICKS By the time the street lamps sputter on and dimly light the sidewalks, every person is either home or in the pubs for the rest of the night. ...

    Apr 2, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: vampire to the death... ch. 1

    I. NITPICKS He popped in out of thin air as the girl slept. One of her hands was over her neck as she slept on her side. She knew of ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Salt in my Tears - Chap. 3 (Edited)

    I. NITPICKS She glanced at her sisters, who were bent over their net, studiously intent on their task. She looked back at the red-faced beardeman in front of her. He ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Emily Fisher

    I. NITPICKS "Run away! Emily, you know you should, your life is horrible. Run away from your worries. From your terrible class mates, from your mom. Running away will solve ...

    Mar 31, 2008


I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe