User avatar

Pentavalence

Penta's Page

  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Burning Bridges

    Hullo StormCycle! Welcome to YWS! (I shouldn't talk. I've only been here for three days.) Anyway, first things first: that's quite the story! I like how vicious and brutal the ...

    Dec 31, 2016
  • Poetry » General, General Re: nothingist.

    Hello, Pentavalence here. First of all, I don't know poetry. YA fantasy is more my genre, but I'm just gonna try and put my thoughts on this out anyway. The ...

    Dec 30, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Dramatic, Humor Re: Chicken Run 1.1

    Pentavalence here. Neat concept! It allows for some comic relief and satire and you did a good job balancing it with seriousness. You should probably break the paragraphs up into ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Other Re: Deathbound Chapter 3.1

    Hey, penandsword here. Okay, so I just want to state that I haven't read the previous chapters--not because I'm not interested, just pressed for time. So I apologize if I ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Politics Re: Cat Steps Chapter 3.3

    Hi, Pentavalence here! I haven't read the previous chapters, not because I'm uninterested but because I have a lot of reviews to get to. So if I miss anything because ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Dramatic Re: Luminous (old version)

    Hey, penandsword here with a review. First things first: fascinating concept! When I read the description I thought Ryn would be dramatically Mary-sued, but you played it nicely. There are ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » General, Realistic Re: Infinite Potential (Chapter One) - Tuesday, December 27, 1:00 AM

    Wow. Okay. First of all, I loved it. It was fantastic, gritty, real, in your face. Nothing was censored. Just one suggestion: The dialogue felt a little forced, the back-and-forth ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Action / Adventure Re: The Unemployed Detective.

    Hi, penandsword here. I kinda feel like the whole 'reclusive detective' trope is overused, but this is a nice take on it! Just a few things I didn't like: I ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Away--Chapter 2

    Hey, penandsword here with a review. I don't usually start with the ending, but that is a fantastic last line. It starts out to be a cliche but then turns ...

    Dec 29, 2016
  • Poetry » General, General Re: splinters

    Penandsword here with a review. First of all, I'm amazed with the imagery. It's amazing how many meanings and descriptions you create with just the word 'splinter'. A pet peeve ...

    Dec 28, 2016
  • Poetry » Realistic, Romantic Re: First Love

    Hi, penandsword here. I really like this! The wording is excellent. The one thing I advise is to fix the formatting. For example, you several lines by saying 'tonight', but ...

    Dec 28, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Fantasy Re: Ties That Bind, Chapter 1

    Hi, penandsword here with a review. Good work! An intriguing first sentence and a well-written beginning. I felt like I could see the field where they sparred from just a ...

    Dec 28, 2016
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: SW Chapter One: A restless night (please no hate!)

    Hi, penandsword here. This is my first review, so I apologize if it's inadequate or weird. Anyway, the first thing is, good introduction! It establishes the characters and tension right ...

    Dec 27, 2016


worlds buzz over us like bees, / we be splendid in new bones.
— Lucille Clifton