-
Re: Don't
Mmm, not too poetic. For a subject like this, which has been done many times before, you've got to create characters we really care about, or the emotion is too ...
Feb 12, 2008 -
Re: Wallpaper
Quite good, if a little stale. I just found that there wasn't much meat to it, so by the time the ending came, I didn't care too much. It doesn't ...
Feb 12, 2008 -
Re: Winter's Sigh
Good stuff. You've got a nice solid idea which is always a great starting place! I did feel that it was in some ways over-written though. The first stanza does ...
Feb 12, 2008 -
Re: opposite of life
Not bad at all. Your rhyme and rhythm was reasonably consistent throughout and a lot of your ideas were original. WHat you need to work on is structure and punctuation. ...
Feb 12, 2008 -
Re: Lyric Poetry
This isn't poetry. I'm not saying it couldn't be, but at the moment it's not. So it needs redrafting (and a lot of it). Where's your rhythm? It's just a ...
Feb 11, 2008 -
Re: Its Last Moments
Not bad. The main thing I'd like to suggest is that you make it more unique and write about your own personal, detailed experience. At the moment I see a ...
Feb 11, 2008 -
Re: Just Pretend I Didn't Tear Your World Apart
I'm impressed. The subject probably wouldn't grab me, normally, but here you make it work. Really work. There were a few things that stood out to me. Firstly, punctuation, but ...
Feb 11, 2008 -
Re: Human Nature
Good stuff, powerful content and generally very well expressed! Some of your images really stood out in my mind and for the most part your rhyming works well, which is ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Lost: A Poem By Me
Definitely you get a 10/10 for content. Some witty ideas in here about the different aspects of being 'lost.' But I did feel somewhat overwhelmed by the vague, overloaded words ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Carbon Copies
I could really hear your voice and tone, so nice work on that. What I heard your voice speaking about was cliches, cliches, cliches. How many times have I read ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: So Full of Love
This poem tore me. Half of it was really quite original, and I felt what you were writing about. Half of it was really over-the-top sickly sweet cliched stuff. But ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: What do you see?
Reasonable, but so obvious & direct I felt like you were shoving your message down my throat. They live in Russia. You don't really need to tell us that. Show ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: The Top
Repetition can really really work but first you have to think about the purpose of it. Here it just lengthens the poem. You really need to condense your work. You ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Possession
Good content, but I felt like it was incomplete. It was flimsy in the sense that I felt like it could have been great, but it was executed in a ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Protecting the Fallen, Poem
Generally love your content, though I had to read it a couple of times to get a firm grip on it which I think had a lot to do with ...
Feb 9, 2008
