User avatar

Kale

Your #1 Source for a Healthy Dose of Quackery

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Like the Wind

    If at any moment you have a dark cloud looming above you, I think "looming overhead" would flow better rhythm-wise. But in that moment where you need nothing, I think ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: A farewell poem.

    Sorry to see you go. But you will be back. YWS has an unnatural tendency to make its siren call heard years later, when the time is ripe and you ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The List, Prompt #100 Endings

    Just glancing at this, I think I died of a tilde overdose. Please hold while I revive myself. --- So yes. Tilde overdose. I can see why they are placed ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: Shaping (revised)

    Solidly written, cute little moral, but I can't really find the sci-fi in this. The mention of Selkin makes me think the other side of the spec-fic coin, and this ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: A Dream...

    The convicted rapist and murderer had escaped from police custody. The 16 year old was charged with raping and killing another girl around his age. He has long shaggy blonde ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My Eternity

    This was very short. Aside from that, there's not much I can say except that it flowed well and the repetition actually worked pretty well, considering how short this piece ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: bigboy

    Cute. Hardly original though; that little mnemonic has been around for ages. Posting up things that aren't yours is never a good idea; it is usually plagiarism, and it can ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Memory

    The line breaks really threw me off and kept throwing me out of this piece. I think this would at least read more smoothly if you combined some of the ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Invisible

    I am struck by the similarity of subject with your other set of lyrics. This set, however, is much easier to relate to since you have them grounded in the ...

    Apr 18, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Ghost Child

    A couple of things before I start the review proper: You might want to put the introduction/explanation under a spoiler. Some folks like to get to the work first without ...

    Apr 17, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Behind The Cloud Of Dreams

    Amelia already made some good suggestions for the first stanza, but I think you could also take it in a more fanciful direction, namely by combining the ideas in several ...

    Apr 15, 2011
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Where the Heart Is

    Hey there. First thing I noticed was the space between each line. It's a bit distracting, so if you could edit them out, it would make it easier to read ...

    Apr 11, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: To Be Unique

    Make me out of plastine, So you can mould me how you like. If I could tell you how much I liked these lines, we would be here all day. ...

    Apr 9, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Shock

    I wish I could say I liked this poem, but I didn't. There are a couple of reasons. The first reason is how fragmentary every stanza is. Perhaps it is ...

    Apr 8, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Silly little girl

    Two main issues with this. First, the period at the end of every line. Second, the forced rhyme. Having a period at the end of every line is very jarring. ...

    Apr 8, 2011


The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price