User avatar

DomTheDumb

  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Sunlight Through Concrete Rain - Part 4 (still WIP)

    Every critique, review, or piece of criticism of this work must include the word 'bananas' at least once. If 'bananas' is not used, the critique is incomplete and must be ...

    Sep 26
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Sunlight Through Concrete Rain (WIP)

    Yeah I'm just posting it here in chapters because I'm posting as I go. It's not actual chapters lol

    Sep 26
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Sunlight Through Concrete Rain (WIP)

    The ONLY place I'd disagree with your review (incisive, as usual) is: I feel like this would have been a good place to start the next chapter! It's going to ...

    Sep 26
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Fantasy Re: WoS Ch17 - Recuperation

    Two things: I wanna return the favour lol (i.e. you've been reviewing a lotta my stuff) It seems genuinely interesting :)

    Sep 26
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Fantasy Re: WoS Ch17 - Recuperation

    Ngl I really wanna read this, but walkers first!

    Sep 26
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Teen Fiction Re: Chapter 3: Odehi and The Conspiracy (part 1) - The Lady of Light (completed novel, draft 3)

    Ty so much for your considered reviews, Hira! It really means a lot. And you, and other reviewers, are 100% right that the information density is just nearly impregnable. When ...

    Sep 26
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Action / Adventure Re: Beyond - Flash Fiction

    Thanks for reading! I'm glad you liked it. Yeah the repetition of "he hated crowds" is just an error. I'll nix that. If you want to read the novelette this ...

    Sep 22
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Action / Adventure Re: Beyond - Flash Fiction

    Thanks! Glad you liked it :) This is actually a kinda spin-off of another work of mine, "On the Edges" which I've also posted here. You don't need to read ...

    Sep 22
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Rejection

    Fair enough. The thing you should focus on most is overexplaining. The trick with poetry is to let imagery and subtlety do the heavy lifting. The best poems are thick ...

    Sep 16
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Rejection

    See @tikaya??? I can be kind and not mean!

    Sep 15
  • Short Story » Narrative, Literature Re: Detestments of Pity (Flash "Fiction")

    Hello hello! Ty for the rev, rev. As usual, largely spot on. I plan to send this to some lit-mags so it's very helpful. Other than that, the only place ...

    Sep 15
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Teen Fiction Re: Chapter 1: The Funeral - The Lady of Light (completed novel, draft 3)

    This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I was at the end of my bloody rope on edits and I had no idea what to do, but I knew ...

    Sep 14
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Crawlers - Chapter Two: The Hospital

    I genuinely detest creative anything teachers. You CANNOT teach creative writing. You can teach sentence construction, grammar, definitions, etc. but you CANNOT teach creative anything. Either you got

    Sep 12
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, Politics Re: The Wladyslaws of Przasnysz - Short Story

    "Overwritten"... Yup that's the word! Thanks, Ad! Appreciate the review :)

    Sep 11
  • Short Story » Narrative, Realistic Re: Where?

    Hey, odd. I'm glad I could help. Please note: I am not trying to be harsh. There is potential here and, with just a little bit of discipline, this story ...

    Sep 10


For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle