User avatar

Blackjack

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Beauty

    She has eyes never seen before; deep navy blue that everyone will adore. Her pale light skin ever so smooth and soft, can attract the angels, who would have thought... ...

    Jan 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I Can't Swim

    ]I try to yell but I can find no air I make a feeble attempt at surfacing But my legs feel like cinderblocks Weighing me down My arms thrash chaotically ...

    Jan 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: My Dog and Me

    It reminds me of this short story of a German Shepherd I wrote. Only, it wasn't happy because he died in the end and the narrator lost him, due to ...

    Jan 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Flames of Hope

    This is one of my first attempts at poetry. Since I have nothing else to say, here it goes: Dark clouds hover above my head They follow where ever I ...

    Jan 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Fine, I Wrote a Love Poem.

    A love poem for no one. It's pretty much my first love poem ever considering I really detest them. oh welll, enjoy (I hope). In the space between my fingers ...

    Jan 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Ash is Falling

    *Again, I wrote this this morning in economics. I was going through my notepads and I found something that a friend of mine had written for me in it. It ...

    Jan 2, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Outcast

    I tried to make this poem show a feeling I'm sure we have all felt- either in real life or on YWS/ internet. I am such a bad poet, but ...

    Dec 31, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Moon

    A sliver of silver, a river of light. Cascading down my bed and onto the floor. I search for the source... ...there! A brilliant orb of diamond fire piercing the ...

    Dec 30, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Untitled - Chapter 1

    Coloured is just suggestions in grammar and things :] Under the lake’s skin, all Ayra could feel was the surge of cold, her fingers clutching streaming handfuls as she plummeted ...

    Dec 27, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Fire

    "There's a fire burning bright and fueled by water it will last." Water is often seen as always moving - when given to a character, the character is calm, though ...

    Dec 27, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I Am Afraid

    Aw. It's kind of sad. Anyway... It's a poem many can relate to. I could relate to it as a kid, to say the least O.o. It's a poem that ...

    Dec 27, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Mask

    I hide my pain with a smile... I cover my tears with laughter... I put on a Mask every day So I'm always the one who is smiling [i]you could ...

    Dec 27, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Dark Sister

    ..Incest 0.0? That's what I was thinking ;o If I am not there to cast your shadows? Black, without white, we cannot see I don't think that quite matched what ...

    Dec 27, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Good Enough to Eat

    You've certainly got a way with words in this poem. I loved all of them and how used them, and though most poems will have cliche rhymes you can predict, ...

    Dec 27, 2010


I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings