User avatar

Benway

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Beyond the shattered mirror

    I think that the sort of fragmented style with which you present these stanzas nicely figures the core of the poem. I quite like its theme in how it reveals ...

    Aug 26, 2011
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: How Not to Feel

    Good form here. When attempting to stick to a rhyme scheme, I often run into points where some of my rhyming words feel a bit forced, but I can't find ...

    Aug 25, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: all the pretty things

    As simple and delicate in effect as that still butterfly. I appreciate a focused, minimalistic piece like this one. The simplicity or the final question, and the simplicity of the ...

    Aug 25, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Love's Introspection

    I've never gone easy on you when it comes to critique, but I find myself left with very little critical to say after reading this. It is an intimate and ...

    Aug 24, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Three

    Pretty minimalistic. I more or less follow what you're getting at, I think. And in saying that, I realize that I really don't know what you're getting at. Three. What ...

    Aug 24, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Be still my Soul

    This pretty much sparkles. I read it, and I see, I feel...a puffy white cloud back-lit by the moon on a cool Spring night. I find myself not too quick ...

    Aug 24, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Broken

    Formally speaking, I think that this is better categorized as a Dramatic, narrative piece than a lyrical one. But all the same, I'm lead to agree with the other reviews ...

    Aug 24, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Brown

    I really enjoyed this poem. In my college days, I read a lot of poetry by Black artists who were attempting to convey the struggles of consciousness experienced by Black ...

    Aug 24, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I Will Chase the Wind.

    This is a beautifully written poem, honest, exposed, without a lot of the wordy tangle that can so easily overtake a work that is--as I'm thinking this is--a self-confession. In ...

    Aug 23, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Time For Revolution

    This is some very inspiring stuff with good strands of scriptural reference all through. It stands well on its own as an inspirational poem and as a cross-reference of the ...

    Aug 23, 2011


I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope