User avatar

BFG

BFG

  • Poetry » General, General Re: My Teddy Bear

    "My teddy bear was used when I was young, it was cuddled close to me, but now I am older, and I don't need it anymore." ...or the rhyme scheme. ...

    Apr 14, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Cry

    Really like it, particularly the end. Not crazy about the super-short-lines style -- I feel like it counters the building pressure of the dam metaphor. Also, I think it might ...

    Apr 13, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Sleep

    Hmm. I like what you're playing with here, but I think you're falling into a trap I often wind up in, which is loving the sounds the words make so ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Spiral

    Love the style! And you pull it off well, as both pieces sound very natural. But I wonder if it's really the topic you most want to explore? (I'm for ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Salvation

    Really like the "candies, crystallized" part. Made me think of crystallized ginger (yum!). One qualm I had with this was the use of "like" as a noun in the first ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, Teen Fiction Re: Icarus is Falling

    Love the modern take on an old goodie! The details like the rusted pallet knife and the "Great Gods!" exclamation (although "gods" shouldn't be capitalized) really made it come to ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Narrative Re: Craving French Toast

    I like this. I like that this isn't one of those stories where the woman just retreats inside, letting the man think he's in control while secreting her emotions away ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Short Story » Realistic, General Re: Grace

    Not my favorite kind of story but very well executed. Only I think, were it me, that I would end it before the children come along. Maybe with the bus ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Short Story » Other, Realistic Re: Pencil

    Hmm. An interesting seed of an idea, but I feel like it could be developed a little differently to cut out some of the cliches... or at least to bring ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Fantasy Re: Letters

    Haha, awesome! Can't wait to read more (which I hope is coming?). Love the details (Gary Schmidt, professional geologist) and how short and pithy the letters are without seeming unnatural ...

    Apr 12, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: A Suicide Note

    Wow, this is really powerful. I love the "plastic into gold" part, and the second-to-last bit and while I am trying to find myself in this world, you have already ...

    May 31, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Bus

    Hey there! One thing I liked about this poem was your use of capitalization. You've got it dead on with the "Bus," "Sun" and "Sunshine", it seems. I agree with ...

    May 13, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: My place.

    Hey there, screamandshout! So... there was a lot I liked about this poem. My favorite part was They can't see the beauty, I even have my doubts. I liked that ...

    May 11, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Proudness as guitar playes.

    I agree with Kyllorac. The last part was really powerful, particularly the last stanza, but almost the entire rest of the poem was so stuffed with abstract words or concepts ...

    May 11, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: por que las cosas cambian.

    Hey there! Welcome to YWS! Ok, so what struck me first were the typos and spelling/grammar glitches. Honestly. I'm not just being nit-picky--they get in the way here. Make sure ...

    May 6, 2010


I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope