Young Writers Society

Twit's Scratch and Tear

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 am
View Likes
DudeMcGuy says...

Hello again Twit!

I'm back to request another review. We had a great back and forth about my "prologue" so I came back for more of your awesome opinions. Would you take a look at Chapter 1 for me?

(Part 1) work.php?id=95055
(Part 2) work.php?id=95059

I split it up because it was a little long. (~ 4,500 words). I tried some different things this time and I'm looking for good feedback. Anyone else viewing this thread is welcome to comment as well. Thanks!

(Congrats on completing your Essay btw)
When I was young I used to have problems finishing my sentences, but now I

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon May 21, 2012 2:43 pm
View Likes
steward says...

Kindly review this please? Thanks! It's the second chapter of 'The Dreamer' (you've already reviewed the first one...) Thanks again! :) :) :)
"Stay brave." -Steward

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Done everyone!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Reviews: 1
Thu May 24, 2012 5:03 am
oNegativeZero says...

Hi Twit, could you review my short story Discord Gear? Thanks.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu May 24, 2012 12:17 pm
View Likes
Jalmoc says...

Hi there! :D I was wondering if you could review my short story? :) It's a fantasy piece that I wrote for my English class. A review would be wonderful if you could do it. :) It's called Once A Friend, and here is the link. :) work.php?id=95312
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Done everyone!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

43 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:56 pm
View Likes
DudeMcGuy says...

Twit!
I'm Ba~ack!

OK, so no one has posted here for a while so I thought I would bump your thread up a bit.

I love your detailed reviews and honesty. So I thought I would come back for more punishment :)

work.php?id=95667

This is chapter 2 of the story I've been working on. You reviewed the previous two parts for me already. (Although I re-posted edited versions of the Prologue and Ch.1 based on yours and other's suggestions). You weren't too fond of the characters last time, so I tried to work on that. Along with stronger POV consistency too.

btw, you've already done several reviews for me, is there anything of yours that you would like me to review? You can PM it to me or just throw it up on my wall, if you want to that is.

Anyway, take as long as you like. I'm willing to wait for your greatness! Thanks in advance!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Done, Dude! :D

#TNT

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:35 am
View Likes
Twit says...

*le bump*

#TNT

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:29 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

One poem please. Urgency is requested as I am planning on entering it into the schools poetry comp so I need it done soon.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=94049
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:27 pm
View Likes
Raelyn723 says...

Would you mind reviewing the beginning of my second chapter in my story? Gosh that was a mouthful! Well anyway, I would love to have some really harsh criticism because I feel like something's off with the whole story but haven't managed to figure it out yet! Take as long as you like and thank you!!!!!
work.php?id=95948

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:24 am
View Likes
Twit says...

Done noninjas and Raelyn!

#TNT

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

It's been a while, but if you have a spot of time old sport, could you take a peak at this?

work.php?id=95837

Merci.

43 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 pm
View Likes
DudeMcGuy says...

Hello Twit,

So here I am once again, seeking your assistance :) I recently posted Ch. 3 of my story. (Two parts again this time)
Part 1: work.php?id=95978
Part 2: work.php?id=95979

I was careful to try and stay with a strong POV and not jump around like my previous chapters (except for a couple flashbacks). But I'm not sure if I succeeded. There is no more "the girl" or "the man" anymore, but I'm not sure if there is anything else in my writing that shifts the POV. If there is, I can't "see" it.

I'd be interested to know if you think that this latest chapter is better or worse than the previous entries. Along with any other knowledge you could share to help me improve.

That is, whenever you have time for it of course. I'll be patient.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 am
View Likes
Threnody says...

Hi! I was wondering if you could please look at my very first section of my novel Sazerac? It would be so helpful and I would be more than happy to return the favor!

Thanks,
Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead