Don't Threaten Me With a Bad Time (parody)

by zaminami

Alright, alright.

Alright, alright.

Alright, alright! It's a hell of a feeling though!

It's a hell of a feeling though!

It's a hell of a feeling though!

--

Who are these people?

I just woke up in my fancy clothes,

Nothing of mine on the shelf.

I should probably introduce myself.

--

You should've seen me before,

I had some makeup and a bunch of friends,

I was the queen of my local school.

Where there's no such thing as getting out of hand.

--

Memories tend to just pop up,

My soulmate and some murderers,

500 people with some blaming shit,

Don't think I'll ever get enough.

--

Don't think I'll ever get enough!

--

Clothing, meetings, étiquette,

and most things in between.

I roam the cities in a carriage cart,

some fancy horses and my family.

--

These days are damn boring,

Nobody to play with,

Saying, "If you speak to them you'll regret it in instants."

Oh yeah, don't threaten me with a bad time.

--

It's a hell of a feeling though.

It's a hell of a feeling though.

Alright, alright.

It's a hell of a feeling though.

It's a hell of a feeling though.

--

What are these footprints?

They don't look very human like.

Now I wish that I could know what's up,

With my parents and my siblings.

--

I wanna wake up.

Can't even tell if this is a dream.

How did we end up in this perfect hell?

Upside down with a perfect view?

--

Hall to hall at the speed of sound.

Fancy feet dancing through the balls.

Lost my mind in a fancy gown.

Don't think I'll ever get it now.

--

Don't think I'll ever get it now.

--

Clothing, meetings, étiquette,

and most things in between.

I roam the cities in a carriage cart,

some fancy horses and my family.

--

These days are damn boring,

Nobody to play with,

--

I'm a princess and a good daughter.

And I usually don't fall when I try to stand.

I am a natural at sword-fighting,

And I make these high heels work.

--

I've told you time and time again,

I'm not as think as you pissed I am.

And you all fell down when the sun came up.

I think you've had enough.

--

Alright, alright, it's a hell of a feeling though

It's a hell of a feeling though

It's a hell of a feeling though

--

Clothing, meetings, étiquette,

and most things in between.

I roam the cities in a carriage cart,

some fancy horses and my family.

--

These days are damn boring,

Nobody to play with,

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:05 am
Namjoon2003 wrote a review...

Hello, I'm here to review your lyrics.

I don't if it was just me (I haven't read any other reviews on this if anyone else thought this) but I thought of Ciel Phantomhive when it went to "Clothing, meetings, etiquette, and most things in between." I thought of how Sebastian get Ciel dressed when he wakes up, and the meetings when he has to meet the queen and the other people. Most things in between just made me think of how he is the "Queens guard dog", and how he has to go on the missions for the queen to make england safe again.

"These days are damn boring," made me think about Ciel's attitude(I love his attitude) and how he is always having a bored expression on his face, also the way he speaks like he was meant to be in charge.

Anyway, I see what you did with the Panic At The Disco lyrics, converting them into a Black Butler theme type thing.(If you were going for that) I think that was a very creative thing to do. Keep up the good work!

~Namjoon~

zaminami says...

Lol I wasn%u2019t but that%u2019s a good idea! This is for a character development exercise, so it was about my own character.

And now, cut to Grell Sutcliff!

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 am
MidnightRhode wrote a review...

Hey there!! Okay, so this is my first review, I apologize if you think that this doesn't help at all, But I'd love to just say that this is an amazing parody. Even though it is similar to the original song, (I honestly have to say, I did sing along to it using the new lyrics) it is an amazing piece of work. Though, I would love to see just a little more of a difference, but that's just me. My opinion is simply just an opinion. I really love it though.

However, I do have to ask, is this parody about a princess then? Or simply one that views herself as a princess and thinks that her family is a burden for following her around, or her family as peasants? If i completely interpreted it incorrectly, I sincerely apologize. I am running on just an hour or two of sleep... So if i do get this wrong, I really do apologize... I'm surprised that i'm actually able to spell all of these words correctly.

Anyways....
Thank you for sharing this exquisite piece with us!

Mathy wrote a review...

Hey there! It's ZeldaIsShiek here to review another quintessential piece of literature that made my day and win this Review Day by helping the Red Pandas stay in first place and reaching my goal of 80 reviews. I might even get to 100, if I work hard enough. I am really excited to review this amazing piece of art that you have created, and maybe add some witty humor as well. Anyway, that's enough idle chatter from me. Let's get into the review.

This lyrical poem/song made me think of Ciel when he was dressing up as a girl in order to trick the Viscount of Druitt into revealing that he was Jack the Ripper. This made me laugh because I imagined him singing this while looking unhappy in his dress and then the whole song made sense to me. If you just imagine him in every scene the song describes with a frown and a dress it will make you laugh.

Overall I liked the parody and found it very clever. You are very good at parodies and the wording was great with little to no error. A lot of lines were repeated from the original song (I started the P!ATD club here :D), but that's okay, as long as most of it is new and interesting (which it was).

That's all for today. Keep writing amazing literature that inspires me to read and review them, and have a great Review Day! Let's beat the Blues once and for all!

~ZeldaIsShiek

Evander wrote a review...

Heyo, izanami! I'm here for a quick review. Normally, I don't review parodies, so I listened to the original song about 15 times before reviewing this to get a good sense of what I'm working with.

I was the queen of my local school.

The thing that made section work in the original set of lyrics was the "a[m/n]" sound from "hologram" and "and". Without that, the lyrics don't really work in terms of flow. School is the wrong sort of word to fit there. For a more direct rhyme, you could use a word like "land", but that doesn't quite entirely capture the visual that school conveys.

My soulmate and some murderers,
500 people with some blaming shit,

Both of these lines match up in terms of syllables, but they still don't hit the mark. In the original set, these lines worked because of the "uhh" sound in both "drugs" and "gloves". "Murderers" and "shit" unfortunately lack any sort of connectedness in sound, thus the section stick out like a sore thumb.

Those are just two examples of the slant-rhymes that P!atD uses that are missed in this parody, although it pops up multiple times in this work. "Etiquette" and "between" don't work like "gasoline" and "between", "hell" and "view" don't work together like "pool" and "view".

I've told you time and time again,
I'm not as think as you pissed I am.

This line doesn't really work, but not because of rhyming issues. In the original, the joke was funny because you'd expect that someone who is incredibly drunk would switch up their words when attempting to prove that they're not drunk. The line isn't really witty without the context of drunkenness and really looks more like a switch-up in typing than anything else.

I am a natural at sword-fighting,
And I make these high heels work.

What made these lines good in the original was the fact that he lost a bet, so he had to wear high heels because he lost that bet. In this parody, this doesn't really work because it lacks a sense of being connected in terms of flow and in cause and effect.

I'm not the intended audience for this parody, so I do find it a bit hard to critique without having read the work it's based off of. However, I do think that this could be a pretty parody in context of Crystal's stories if the rhyming issues are solved and if some new wit is inserted to makeup for what's lost in the creation of this work.

I do hope that you will keep on writing!

-E

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:58 am
DeathBecomesHer wrote a review...

as soon as I saw panic I haaaad to click. This was really clever and I actually like it a lot. I like how you incorporated a normal-ish life into the song instead of the usual champagne, cocaine, and gasoline. when I clicked I didn't really know what to expect, but I can assure you that my expectations were not dashed. Keep writing my dude!

zaminami says...

Author's Note:

This is a parody of Panic! At the Disco's famous song "Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time," where the original is about sex and drugs. I remodeled it after Crystal's stories in the beginning, when she moves to America to {spoiler}. She hates it there, haha.

To people who saw the original draft: read it again please haha my wording was weird.

@MJTucker @Flumadiddle @WhosabellCanWrite @Saruka

--

Kara

lemonboi says...

YES

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard