12+ Language Violence

Helena Edison-Esmè’s mother

by vampricone6783

*Helena Edison is a character from my story:”Eloise-the demented doll woman.”  This is her origin story. You can look at a picture of her on my wall.

During tthe 1960s, there was a woman named Helena. Helena Edison.

Helena was happily married to a man named Anthony and she adored her daughter, Esmè.

At first, she was.

But she wished that Anthony would pay more attention to her. He was so busy with his job and Esmè, she felt that he didn’t love her enough. 

It was like that for some time. Helena grew distant with them. She viewed her family as people who didn’t care about her. (Quite sad, isn’t it?  How Helena was all alone..)

……………………………………………………………….

Until one day, when they were at a circus and a lady named Leona had led her to a tent and showed her Anthony and Esmè, people she kidnapped and used some sort of poison to turn them into snake-like humans. Leona wanted to know if Helena still wanted them, even if they were snake-human-hybrids.

It wasn’t that hard. Helena didn’t need those disgusting snake-skinned humans! (They were snakes even before their transformation.)  She was better off without them. In fact, she had more opportunities to be loved without them.

Who needed them, anyway?

She didn’t.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:13 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Hey! Forever here with a review!!

Ah this is an old story, I see. Got this while browsing through the old section of the Green Room. Anyway, to the review now.

This Leona, if I am not very wrong, was the helper of Eloise. Hm... I definitely see her slowly creeping into the plot and making herself a suspicious person. Now I wonder if she had a hand on making Eloise turn evil and devil at last. After all, it was only after Eloise opened the shop and came into contact with Leona that she became evil. I wonder how I failed to notice it at the first place. Things are getting clearer to me.

Well, this Leona definitely seems to be very evil and again, I fell to understand the reason behind her evilness as I did in Eloise's case. Maybe there's something. I will leave it at that only. Turning people into snake-human hybrids doesn't seem to be a good business at all. I wonder if somehow Leona bewitched Eloise to do whatever she did.

Now to Helena's characteristics. Ah well, she was definitely not treated in a good manner. So, we can't heavily blame her for the fact that she didn't have any sympathy for her family. However, I do wonder a bit about the daughter, i.e., Esmè. Didn't Helena love her? I mean she got distanced from her husband, I understood that and the reason behind that but what about Esmè? Did Helena have any sort of grudge because of the fact that her husband loved her daughter but not her? Ah, probably.

Overall, I think this was quite an intriguing story that we had here. It cleared up a lot of things. I wonder what she did after she abandoned them. Perhaps lived a new life, as was mentioned.

Keep Writing!!

~Forever

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:49 am

Once upon a time,there was a woman named Helena.Helena Edison.

Helena was happily married to a man named Anthony and she adored her daughter,Esmè.

At first,she was.

But she wished that Anthony would pay more attention to her.He was so busy with his job and Esmè,she felt that he didn’t love her enough.

It was like that for some time.Helena grew distant with them,she viewed her family as people who didn’t care about her.

Oooh, this is off to an interesting right off the bat. I have to admit I never really thought of things from Helen's point of view and just kind of assumed she was just someone who didn't care much especially with the whole money line that was mentioned. That still will stand as something that makes her a fairly bad person, but here we also see a little glimpse into perhaps what she thought of the situation and of how she felt she was treated in the family. Its not exactly going to change what she did but we get a more insight into why she would do so and I think that's great.

Until one day,when they were at a circus and a lady named Leona had led her to a tent and showed her Anthony and Esmè,people she kidnapped and used some sort of poison to turn them into snake-like humans.Leona wanted to know if Helena still wanted them,even if they were snake-human-hybrids.

It wasn’t that hard.Helena didn’t need those disgusting snake skin humans! She was better off without them.In fact,she had more opportunities to be loved without them.

Who needed them,anyway? She didn’t.

OKay, I think this here ending comes off as perhaps a little more ambiguous that it appears at first. Seeing things only from the other two's perspective, it seems she was just being selfish there and didn't love these two but to her own mind it seems its the opposite and she almost wanted to take the opportunity to be free of the people that didn't love here. It creates an interesting little ending to this piece here that leaves you wondering for a bit.

Anyway, this is pretty short and there's not much else for me to say here. :D

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr