Home » Literary works » Short Story » Fantasy

12+ Language Violence

Helena Edison-Esmè’s mother

by vampricone6783

*Helena Edison is a character from my story:”Eloise-the demented doll woman.” This is her origin story.You can look at a picture of her on my wall.

Once upon a time,in the 1960s,there was a woman named Helena.Helena Edison.

Helena was happily married to a man named Anthony and she adored her daughter,Esmè.

At first,she was.

But she wished that Anthony would pay more attention to her.He was so busy with his job and Esmè,she felt that he didn’t love her enough.

It was like that for some time.Helena grew distant with them,she viewed her family as people who didn’t care about her.

……………………………………………………………….

Until one day,when they were at a circus and a lady named Leona had led her to a tent and showed her Anthony and Esmè,people she kidnapped and used some sort of poison to turn them into snake-like humans.Leona wanted to know if Helena still wanted them,even if they were snake-human-hybrids.

It wasn’t that hard.Helena didn’t need those disgusting snake skin humans! She was better off without them.In fact,she had more opportunities to be loved without them.

Who needed them,anyway? She didn’t.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:49 am

Once upon a time,there was a woman named Helena.Helena Edison.

At first,she was.

Oooh, this is off to an interesting right off the bat. I have to admit I never really thought of things from Helen's point of view and just kind of assumed she was just someone who didn't care much especially with the whole money line that was mentioned. That still will stand as something that makes her a fairly bad person, but here we also see a little glimpse into perhaps what she thought of the situation and of how she felt she was treated in the family. Its not exactly going to change what she did but we get a more insight into why she would do so and I think that's great.

Who needed them,anyway? She didn’t.

OKay, I think this here ending comes off as perhaps a little more ambiguous that it appears at first. Seeing things only from the other two's perspective, it seems she was just being selfish there and didn't love these two but to her own mind it seems its the opposite and she almost wanted to take the opportunity to be free of the people that didn't love here. It creates an interesting little ending to this piece here that leaves you wondering for a bit.

Anyway, this is pretty short and there's not much else for me to say here. :D

Hi everyone who clicks on my profile!...Um, not quite sure what else to do here. Yup, definitely new at this! XD
— Magebird