12+ Violence Mature Content

Diana’s story-Ghost House

by vampricone6783

*This is the story of a character from my “Ghost House” stories. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

Sometime in the 1960s, there was a young woman named Diana Pierre. Diana used to work in a factory. But sadly, her job got stressful for her and she was fired.

No job, no money, no house. No way to live. Death was close on the horizon.

However, Diana had a friend who might help her get her life back together. Myra Robinson was her name. Myra had money that she could give her.

Besides, Myra was her friend. Nothing could go wrong.

.........................................................................

Well, nothing went wrong. She had everything she needed.

But no job. She still needed Myra's help. Maybe Myra could help her get a job.

Except that Myra refused to help her. Diana couldn't believe it. Her own friend, betraying her. The audacity.

She'd make her pay.

What were some things Myra loved?

Well, her life. Everyone loved their lives. Her kid, definitely.

Maybe Diana could take both away.

Maybe she’d pretend to be the last family member of Myra alive, so she could have Myra's house and Myra's money. Maybe she could take everything. Maybe she could be better than her.

Diana sat in her armchair, thinking their conversation over in her mind.

"Diana, it's getting to the point where I can't give you money anymore. Don't forget, I have a life, too. I need to take care of myself and Samara. I..I can't help you. I'm sorry."

"What? But we're friends! You'd said you help me, no matter what."

"I did, didn't I? Not all promises can be kept."

"Please, Myra. I need you. I don't know what I'd do without you. Please."

“Please?"

"I-I said no."

"Please?"

"No. Goodbye and good luck, Diana."

Diana had been crying after what she said. Myra was so right and so sure of herself. She could just leave her to rot, not a care in the world, because she had what she needed.

Her tears were dry now. Her heart was hard now, so that no one could crush it ever again.

Myra Robinson with her perfect, happy life.

Diana Pierre with her sad, unfulfilling life.

That would change.

LuminescentAnt wrote a review...

Hi, quick review for this story!
So I really liked the plot of this story, and I also found it interesting that the main character is not exactly a hero, because they're actually planning on doing something bad, which is usually not something you see very often, a perspective from someone with bad intentions, and not good intentions.
One thing I found a little confusing was that the time that the narrator was narrating from was changing. In the first paragraph, it said,

Sometime in the 1960s, there was a young woman named Diana Pierre.

In this sentence, it seems that the narrator is narrating in the present day, because they were saying what year the story was taking place. However, this changed a little later.
Except that Myra visited Diana a minute ago and refused to help.

In this sentence, the narrator seems to be speaking right after Diana talked to Myra, which is a very different time from the start of the story.
I was also wondering why the story was rated 16+, because there doesn't seem to be any violence in this story and would probably okay to be read by someone who was at least 10.
Otherwise, I enjoyed reading this story, and if this story continues, I would really like to continue reading it!

vampricone6783 says...

Thank you for reading. I edited this.

First Impression: Well this was quite a fun little story here. I think it had a really intriguing twist there, and we've also got ourselves quite the little cliffhanger of an ending to things.

Well that sounds like a pretty simple start there with a person in quite a lot of hardship there managing to find some sort of lifeline through her friend. Although that line stating specifically that nothing could go wrong is making me think a lot of things are about to go wrong.

Except that Myra visited Diana a minute ago and refused to help. Diana couldn't believe it. Her own friend, betraying her. The audacity.

She'd make her pay.

What were some things Myra loved?

Maybe Diana could take both away.

Well that escalated rather quickly. I was not expecting things to reverse like that with Diana being the one to actually end up doing the potentially evil things here but I think that's a lovely twist there, you certainly don't see it coming.

“Please?"

"I-I said no."

"Please?"

"No. Goodbye and good luck, Diana."

Okayy it seems well Diana managed to still somehow do the most in terms of causing emotional damage there, although its tough to see where this might send Myra especially given all the thoughts we were seeing earlier.

That would change.

Hmm well it seems we end with a bit of a promise there as Diana swears to cause some mayhem there even though we don't actually end up seeing it playing out just yet in this one.

Overall: Overall I think you've done a wonderful job with this one. Once again yet another different plot twist and this one really managed to get me too. I think it does a pretty good job getting across the emotions that it wants to create.

Kate

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical