Acceptance: A Way towards Happiness

by thestraycat

"Let it go...let it go- can't hold it back anymore. Let it go...let it go- turn your back and slam the door," so goes the lyrics of the theme song from the movie entitled 'Frozen'. I'm pretty sure you are familiar with it for it gone viral, from facebook, youtube, yahoo, everywhere. Even my little so-called 'sister' keeps singing it aloud over and over again, and it is definitely getting on my nerves.

'Frozen' entails a unique story wherein the main character Elsa struggles to hide her destructive powers from everyone especially from her sister Ana; yet unfortunately, failed to do so because of some accident that forced her to unleash her powers which brought threat to everyone. But, in the end, true love broke the bounds and acceptance from her people came forth that made us fascinated to it. But to interrupt you from getting indulge in this movie, I just want to point out that I am not making a review of the movie but instead, it's just a little cliché of what I am getting at.

Just like Elsa, everyone does have his/her own flaws. Each one of us might be hiding behind a thick-bricked wall to protect ourselves from the realities of our world or behind some mask to conceal the ugly truths of ourselves that we are afraid to reveal. Have you ever noticed why you hated someone who did not do a single thing to you or have you ever felt that situation wherein some person greater than you proves his/her worth, leaving you a low class loser? Well, you’re not the only one on the chase. I, too, and many of us out there might felt the same.

“Beauty is fleeting; charm is deceptive. But a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Yes, we have our own imperfections. Maybe, some of us are having a bit of a problem when it comes to physical appearance or there are others who might be feeling upset or insecure, tired of being just an “invisible” one. But you know what? None of these really matters for in the eyes of God- everyone is equal. You don’t have to punish yourself to fit in to that dress just to please someone you admire. You don’t have to take that college course which your parents is asking you to pursue if you know in your heart, you really don’t want it. Remember, each one of us has the right to be loved, accepted and appreciated. We don’t have to forcibly try to push ourselves pretending to be someone just to satisfy this world’s standards. For in acceptance, from the people around us especially from ourselves, we find peacefulness- for in peacefulness, we find real happiness.

Laure wrote a review...

Hai, Laure here for a very short review on this beautiful piece. Due to the nature of this essay, and because it is a positive essay about a very truthful topic. I will minimize my criticism to almost zero, it is about time someone write a piece about accepting yourself as a way to gain happiness. Because in our society, do many of us ate reining our inner self in and as you say, building walls upon walls to keep ourself secure in that little fortress. There are also those of us who act according to expectations, so I think you have done a really good job here to say that yes, we all have our own flaws and demons but if we can accept them as part of us. Then, we can find peace and happiness.

Actually, I don't think I can bring myself to criticize this essay at all. It feels like I'm contradicting happiness and I could use my share of happiness. So thank you for sharing this with us, keep it up!

-Laure

thestraycat says...

Thank you :D

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:45 am
fallenoutofgrace wrote a review...

Hello, first off let me say that I do agree with your idea and that your title and description did intrude me. What I enjoyed about your essay ways that you could clearly see your opinion on the subject and that small amount of emotion with well written paragraphs formed to be this wonderful essay. Next, I did enjoy the small significant summery. You helped those who have not seen nor heard the movie get the simple gist of it moving through your essay easily now. Next, I think that your ending "For in acceptance, from the people around us especially from ourselves, we find peacefulness- for in peacefulness, we find real happiness. " because you are absolutely right and it aided with the ended instead of saying overall, which would ruin the essay once you got to the end you kept the amazing qualities throughout.
Keep writing.
~Fallen

thestraycat says...

thank you for your appreciation. :D

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings